Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
When visiting with kids ...
Previous  1  2

gryp

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 4:00 pm
hey, choc moose, I bet a year ago you didn't foresee the present. Don't try and foresee from a year or two from now, because you never know!
Tracht Gut Vet Zein Gut! Smile

happyone

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 4:26 pm
I could write a book on guest ... We host guest more often than not, and boy can I fill volumes on the differences in how guest maintain their room, treat other peoples property, expectations on accommodations, do or don't watch their children, etc. etc..
If you're going to have guest, you have to sort of chill out and not get bothered by grimy hands touching your walls. Of course, guest should be mentchlich and raise their kids properly and know how to discipline them when misbehaving in public. But as a host, I’ve learned to relax and just enjoy the guest, while having them enjoy, unless they are sabotaging my house, or doing something dangerous.
If they end up being 'lousy' guest in that way, I just don't invite them again!
Just my opinion - -I don't feel comfortable disciplining my guests on how to raise their children.
My kids have very explicit and clear instructions on how to behave when we are guest elsewhere.

I sometimes feel like writing a book "How to be a guest" All the do's and dont's.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 4:28 pm
GR wrote:
hey, choc moose, I bet a year ago you didn't foresee the present. Don't try and foresee from a year or two from now, because you never know!
Tracht Gut Vet Zein Gut! Smile

Uh.................I guess ..........................

newmom

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 8:48 pm
The problem is that those who are lax in their own homes think everyone else does the same- ie- they let their kids take food all over the house or climb on the couches with shoes, so they don't even realize that others might mind such behavior.

It does get a bit uncomfortable as a host if you keep having to tell your guests not to give their kids snack on your couch, ect, ect.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 8:52 pm
chocolate moose wrote:

After everything I've told you about my brother, BIL, and the way my kids act, you think they're actually gonna get an offer ...and breed?

hey ... im having the same querie right now as dd turns 20 ... hm ?! what does one do in such situations ?!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jul 04 2007, 8:52 pm
Good question, Green. You have to seriously evaluate the child's potential, and find a match based on that.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics