Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Medical Anthropology Exists - Who Knew
Previous  1  2

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 6:04 pm
Fox, one never attacks another way of schooling. Just do it your way and leave them alone. They like it that way. Many, many ways all have validity. It all works one way or another.

We do NOT need an ironed-out uniform way of educating Jewish kids and youth.

The reason is: we have no idea which of us are doing it wrong. As this is not Gan Eden, inevitably, somebody is. By casting a wide net, the Jewish people and the Torah will have some success somewhere.

There are echoes on this thread of the dead, rotting Certainties, once so golden, Certainties with a capital C, of the past. Oh, they were fascinating in their day. They were so great. They were going to enlighten us all.

Let us be humble. The educators we think are wrong may be righter than we are. Only time can tell. It can take lots of time. Fifty years and more. To know who was wrong. But let us not go there. This effort does not end. It is going on now.

But just let them all vaccinate.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 30 2015, 9:16 am
Fox wrote:
This is slightly OT, but one of my biggest crazy-making issues (yes, aside from Regents) is that so many frum schools aren't willing to learn from other philosophies of education or even just from other successful schools.

Our local Jewish day schools have periodic inservices with all sorts of education theorists. (Now do they follow up in the classroom to see if some of the nuggets are implemented? Don't know.)

And I wish I had as much fun visiting the parentals as you do Very Happy
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics