Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Gourmet Glatt Lakewood
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 8:03 pm
I was just there.. If you have money they have the nicest looking veal chops and veal cutlets I ever saw

groisamomma

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 8:24 pm
glutenless wrote:
The produce and the lack of Pride of the Farm milk. My kids won't drink anything else and I don't always have the time to go to another grocery store.

Isn't Pride of the Farm a new company? What did you do before that? To be honest, milk tastes the same to me no matter which company Very Happy.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 8:57 pm
I was there tonight they had alot of things for very good prices and it was very neat with wide aisles. I also like that they have much more selection than the other stores. I do feel bad for the smaller stores that were here already but hopefully this will make the prices go down everywhere.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 9:00 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
So what do you think of new store
Dh went there for the grand opening at 2 and was very disappointed

It's NO breadberry
Its NO pomegranate

Farmfresh is nicer

Do you guys have Breadberry and Pomegranate on Lakewood?

mommyla

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 9:30 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Isn't Pride of the Farm a new company? What did you do before that? To be honest, milk tastes the same to me no matter which company Very Happy.

No it's not new and we also only drink POTF, but the Devash brand will do in a pinch.

ra_mom, no breadberry or pomegranate here.

Notsobusy

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 5:49 am
groisamomma wrote:

Pride of the Farm has been around for years, and there's definitely a difference. I can hardly eat a bowl of cereal with any other brand milk, and I have a few kids who like to drink milk, so they really taste the difference.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:52 am
same here..only pride of the farm...the other brands spoil much quicker. My kids won't drink anything else.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:53 am
Pride of the Farm is an old brand (If you are originally from NY you didn't see it because they don't sell there). Only NPGS doesn't carry it I think.

Everyone in my house prefers it. We used to go to Shoprite to buy it there, and we also used to buy their chicken and meat, especially around yom tov they used to have amazing deals. Or whole roaster chickens (raw) for 4.99. I miss those days.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 6:59 am
I dont care for the service of npgs. hopefully the new stores coming will bring better service and pricing down.

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:14 am
some of the cashiers are so rude. and only jackson delivers. sometimes very late at night. but their prices are the best.

I still miss krm in brooklyn. including service and the store and prices. (though produce not great)

sky

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:29 am
sourstix wrote:
some of the cashiers are so rude. and only jackson delivers. sometimes very late at night. but their prices are the best.

I still miss krm in brooklyn. including service and the store and prices. (though produce not great)

I'm good friends with some of the cashiers on James street. (I don't get to go shopping myself too often these days - do I sound like I never get out?)

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:40 am
sourstix wrote:

Try Kosherwest ...lol

sourstix

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 7:42 am
they r still too expensive for me

Simple1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:28 am
My daughter went and came home with a lot of stuff that I've never seen before. She said there is a huge variety. I guess it can be helpful if you're looking for a specific ingredient.

Basmelech1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:59 am
I'm not so impressed. Prices are better at other local stores, such as NPGS. Pride of the Farm ice cream is cheaper in Shloimy's. Not everything had prices marked yet so I wouldn't know how they compare. I'll still do my main shopping at NPGS and my paper goods and cleaning products, I'll shop for at Shoprite when they're on sale. I also go to the Golden Farmer's market for produce and Aldi for specials. They're not going to see me there too often except for the sale items.

mommyla

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:12 pm
I made it there today to check it out. Felt weird because you still know it's ShopRite and it's similar but totally different, if that makes any sense!

It's laid out beautifully (naturalmom5, don't know what Farm Fresh your husband's been going to but this place is in a different league). I didn't check out the individual counters but looked nice. Was very well-staffed. Prices okay but not better than NPGS (Pride of the Farm was $2.59, btw), though I got ice cream on sale at an amazing price and found products that I've never seen anywhere else, including nice cheeses.

I won't be doing major shopping there, most likely, but I will definitely be going back occasionally!

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:16 pm
glutenless wrote:
The produce and the lack of Pride of the Farm milk. My kids won't drink anything else and I don't always have the time to go to another grocery store.

We also only like POF. I sometimes drop into Shloimys or the fruit store down the 9 and I get my milk there. Otherwise no one will drink it.

rise above

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 12:58 pm
I second the poster who wrote about shopping farm fresh sales. I asked them to add me to their Tuesday email list, and since then I literally plan my suppers/shabbos around their chicken/meat sales. There is no where else in town nearly close to their prices - and it's for extra conveniences! Like cleaned chicken cutlets , marinated , breaded ... They also do have great prices on milk and bread which are staples by us (another ONLY pof milk gal here !)

I am a consistent shopper and have done my weekly order at kosher west, foodex and farm fresh and farm fresh with sales wins hands down.

Looking forward to checking out gourmet glatt- but mostly looking forward to Seasons opening as it is right nearby for me.

sky

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 1:21 pm
rise above wrote:
I second the poster who wrote about shopping farm fresh sales. I asked them to add me to their Tuesday email list, and since then I literally plan my suppers/shabbos around their chicken/meat sales. There is no where else in town nearly close to their prices - and it's for extra conveniences! Like cleaned chicken cutlets , marinated , breaded ... They also do have great prices on milk and bread which are staples by us (another ONLY pof milk gal here !)

I am a consistent shopper and have done my weekly order at kosher west, foodex and farm fresh and farm fresh with sales wins hands down.

Looking forward to checking out gourmet glatt- but mostly looking forward to Seasons opening as it is right nearby for me.

How do you get on their Tuesday email list. Do they send you the sales for the coming week? That would be awesome.

rise above

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:31 pm
Email judy.farmfresh@gmail.com and ask to be added. Yes it's really nice !
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics