Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
So who else hasnt even started thinking about Pesach yet?
Previous  1  2  3

heidi

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 4:43 am
We're only home for the first day. So I've decided I'm not cleaning out any pantries, just leaving stuff I'll need on the counter. Also, fridge/freezer in the basement are already clean and it will kill no one to go up and down stairs for 24 hours, so not emptying kitchen fridge/freezer of all the non pesachdig stuff, just taping it shut.
Bought paper goods and meat and feeling ahead of the game

cuties' mom

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 11:03 am
There's no way I would clean more than a week before before. We're still having chometz on Shabbos hagadol so there's no point in cleaning anything before then. I have an ASD 7-year-old who doesn't sleep and takes advantage of quiet nights with everyone in bed to eat all over the house. This morning, I found a trail of ketchup going from my fridge to the middle of the living room where I found an empty pan that used to hold my leftover hamburgers from supper one night this week. I'm glad he enjoyed. Last night, I had to brush corn flake crumbs off my bed before going to sleep and I can guarantee that I wasn't the one eating corn flakes on my bed. The night before, it was cereal bar crumbs. There are many nights where I wake up from ds bringing me a plate, a bag of bagels, and the cream cheese, as if I could really make him a sandwich while lying in bed. Other nights, he brings me a box of cereal and a bowl. The problem is that he spills most of the cereal before reaching my bedroom. The Sunday before Pesach, I'll stop buying chametz. I'll start cleaning cabinets on Monday and hope to finish the rest of the house on Wednesday. That gives me Thursday to self clean the oven, line everything, and do some food shopping, and Friday to cook.

mille

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 2:17 pm
Well, this year I haven't even considered it, but we are packing up and going away for all 8 days. No time to clean and prep when you have a little newborn! Smile

But generally, in the past, we also didn't do much until a few days before. Granted, we don't have toddlers running around throwing cookies everywhere, but we always just cleaned like two nights before Pesach started. Usually clean our cars erev Pesach. It's part laziness and part not giving a ****, mostly because we really just follow the basic halacha and no chumrahs (and we sell our chametz). So it's not a big deal. Clean out the fridge, kasher the cooking stuff, tape up the cabinets, and pull out our one little pesach box of stuff. Maybe vacuum, but I am pretty sure that all those crumbs get nullified after bedikat chametz.

I'll get back to you in 5 years and let you know if our prep gets any more intense with possibly more than one mobile child!

Coffee Addict

Post Fri, Apr 08 2016, 4:19 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I started toilet training a month ago and did not think it would take this long. he's already 2y9mo and the playgroup is putting pressure on me to send him to cheder bc he's the oldest of all the kids there. He's outgrown the free-play environment and needs something more structured. So it would either be now, or in the spring when he'd rather be in the backyard playing....
I hope to put him in cheder right after Pesach IYH, I think he'll be toilet trained enough to go by then.

I totally understand you! Good luck to you! My 3 year old is still making accidents Surprised
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics