Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Ignore feature??? ...ahavas yisroel?
Previous  1  2  3

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:38 pm
Yael wrote:
so I finally got to the computer. as I type I am nursing mendy and holding a crying shevy. Shaking
the ignore feature hasnt been removed completely its been hidden and only accessible through your profile.
the change was yes b/c of Estis's thread.
now it wont be in your face, and you dont need to know that it exists, unless of course you want to use it.

Good Shabbos.
Yael

oh so you mean we can still be rude but behind peoples backs rather then to their face?

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:41 pm
it's all the same ... to each their own ...

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 5:46 pm
yes it is the same. the only difference is as yael says, its not in our faces, but its still there and its still nasty

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 7:02 pm
but estis - there are people who do get mean ... and some people need to avoid them ... even if only in a certain thread ... so not so bad an idea ...

roza

Post Fri, Aug 17 2007, 8:48 pm
Thank you Yael! It will save everyones and YOUR time and energy.
Good Shabbos.

P.S. I will be GLAD if ppl will put me in 'ignore', rather then me being on someones nerves.

MommyLuv

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 10:28 pm
thanks Yael for putting up with all the drama... Very Happy ...and for trying to keep everyone happy 8)

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sat, Aug 18 2007, 11:18 pm
greenfire wrote:
but estis - there are people who do get mean ... and some people need to avoid them ... even if only in a certain thread ... so not so bad an idea ...

maybe what people need to do is learn to read what is written in a different light and be open minded in their perspective. Yes its true there are some people who are outright rude, and if talking to them like a mentch doesn't work then thats what I thought the mods were for.

GAMZu

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 12:42 am
Most of the mean, disgusting posts are under amother. So if I'd want to ignore THOSE, I don't have that option, because many GOOD posts are also by amother.

In short, there are posts that drive me up the wall, but no specific poster, B"H.

Ima'la

Post Sun, Aug 19 2007, 3:05 am
I agree with what everyone said about it not being nice to ignore someone, and I would not put anyone on ignore.....BUT I have seen a lot of nasty posts from people complaining about others who get on their nerves - and I'd rather those irritable people ignore the people who irritate them without their knowing about it than rudely insult them on a public forum!!!

amother

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:24 am
"Ignore" does not equal "hate". It's not like if everyone is sitting around with a bunch of friends chatting and when X makes a comment, they completely disregard and talk over her head, in front of her face and in front of everyone else. So what's the big ruckus if someone asked for it? Maybe its a safeguard against increasing negative reactions to someone--and thus it promotes ahavas Yisroel?
Maybe someone finds a certain poster boring or silly or repetitious or whatever.
But -- Cant s/o accomplish the ignoring by just skipping over a post that has their name? Without reading beyond the poster's name/avatar. but if it'll still appear by them, then if someone else comments on the ignored post, you can go back & still see it.

shanie5

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:39 am
if I had s/o to ignore, and then saw on the screen "this person is on your ignore list, u must click here to read her post" then I would be clicking here cuz im just too afraid of missing s/t!!!!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Dec 26 2007, 10:42 am
Sometimes I think if I enabled the ignore feature, there might be more ahavas yisroel since I wouldn't get all in an uproar. But again, there is no poster like Gamzu said that does this to me...it's individual posts here and there Wink

So I take it in stride and try my hardest to respond respectfully, though I am not always successful Sad
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics