Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Husband going to Uman
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:09 am
imasoftov wrote:
Rambam also was against visiting graves (from the context, possibly only graves of tzaddikim) Hilchot Avel 4:4

Lol you're right. Personally I don't usually go to graves, and I've never been to Uman. Even without using the Rambam, I still think it is superstitious to see signs and messages and whatnot.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:13 am
amother wrote:
I read something cute online somewhere today ...
Elul stand s for Ima Levad V'Abba LeUman
אני לאומן ואשתי לאמא

amother
Ginger

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 9:40 am
amother wrote:
Yes, a planeload of 500 passengers scheduled to go tonight on a charter flight by DOALL Travel ,to Uman, has been cancelled!!! great for all wives and children to have a father and husband to share ,this ROSH HASHANA!!!!!

Hashem is sending a clear message, Fathers and Husbands need to spend Yomtov at home with their family. That is spirituality...going to shul with your children, Making seudas with your family!!!!

Oh, yeah. Lucky wives. "Guess what, I'll be home for yom tov after all. Tell your mother you're not going to her and start cooking."

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:35 am
I think that if a wife is so opposed to / upset about her husband going to uman for RH it has to be a serious conversation. The gain of the spiritual high is lost in the resentment generated by this 'high'.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:36 am
amother wrote:
My husband really wanted to be in 770 for YT. We tried to find an apartment in Crown Heights for the whole family for YT but we couldn't find anything. I told him it was okay with me if he went by himself (easier for a man to find accommodations than a whole family) but he said he wouldn't leave me alone over YT.

before gimmel tamuz I do not remember my father ever going for the whole tishrei. He would go for simchas torah, that was it.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 10:56 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I think that if a wife is so opposed to / upset about her husband going to uman for RH it has to be a serious conversation. The gain of the spiritual high is lost in the resentment generated by this 'high'.

he is stubborn and selfish

amother
Khaki

Post Fri, Sep 30 2016, 4:42 pm
We are not Breslovers, but very open to Rebbe Nachmans teachings.
We are inviting a lady, her mom, and her 3 kids, whose husband is going to Uman for RH.
I think it's very special to go to your Rebbe for RH, and a big Zechut.
So for those that husbands are home invite someone whose husband went.
The meals don't have to be fancy, they just want the company and to know that someone was thinking of them.
For those whose husbands went to Uman, Thank You. Everything affects (hopefully positively) on all of Am Yisrael. The tefillot there I'm sure will storm the heavens.

BTW, I had the Zechut to go to Uman this past summer. It was unbelievable, a once in a lifetime experience.
You are not in this Olam when you go.
For the 5 days I was there I did not sleep.
I just wanted to be by the Kever ALL the time.

Iymnok

Post Sat, Oct 01 2016, 5:22 pm
Dh was talking about it over shabbos. An rosh Hashana shacharis goes from 7:00 til about 3:00. That leaves enough time for a seuda and mincha before the day is out.
It's a HUGE hall, and many many people davening together.
Thapartying people may be talking about would've been this shabbos. As in right before or right after.
I hear how it could be extremely spiritually uplifting. Too bad dh didn't go as a bochur.

amother
Pewter

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 12:20 am
Yeshiva World had a clip of Schiener"s minyan on Rosh Hashana in Uman. To me , it looked more like simchas Torah, than Rosh Hashana...singing Carlbach nigunim....Looked more fun than a solemn Rosh Hashana davening.

gold21

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 12:35 am
If you have some affiliation with Breslov, I think it's a beautiful idea to go to Uman for Rosh Hashana.

If you're not affiliated, then I don't get it. Stay home with your family. Don't go somewhere just because it's the "thing" to do. That doesn't seem authentic to me.

Shana Tova to everyone Tongue Out

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 4:26 am
I tell my husband "if you go to uman, daven that you'll find yourself a good shidduch" Very Happy

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 9:16 am
My husband said he heard elul standing for-" oni liuman v'ishte loozuzel"

watergirl

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 9:38 am
amother wrote:
Yeshiva World had a clip of Schiener"s minyan on Rosh Hashana in Uman. To me , it looked more like simchas Torah, than Rosh Hashana...singing Carlbach nigunim....Looked more fun than a solemn Rosh Hashana davening.

If you understand Breslov, then you get it.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 9:56 am
Scheiner is not breslov no way near. He has groups a whole year doing different trips and they are always singing and partying. The people that go with Scheiner are going like kings with a private chef and gourmet meals and accommodations.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:02 am
amother wrote:

I don't know who Schiener is.

But I have been to Carlebach minyanim. As well as yeshiva ones. As well as chassidic ones.

There are many different paths to Hashem and to crowning Hashem as king.

Perhaps your way is with fear and utter seriousness.

But that doesn't mean that those who crown Hashem with singing and joy are any less serious.

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:26 am
I am totally obsessed with Uman it looks like Burning Man or Coachella for Chassidim.

I wish there was a trip for women at some point in the year. I would totally go.

The Motzei Shabbat party with live music and dancing looks awesome!

And I loved watching all the singing during davening- everyone looks spiritually uplifted!

Let me know when there's a trip for us ladies...

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:30 am
ValleyMom wrote:
I am totally obsessed with Uman it looks like Burning Man or Coachella for Chassidim.

I wish there was a trip for women at some point in the year. I would totally go.

The Motzei Shabbat party with live music and dancing looks awesome!

And I loved watching all the singing during devaluing- everyone looks spiritually uplifted!

Let me know when there's a trip for us ladies...

There's plenty of trips for women throughout the year...

I think Yehudis Golshevsky is doing one mid November... and the Breslov Research Insitute might be doing one in November as well - umanwomen@breslov.org.

I've never gone to Uman, but I'd love to go too... One day!

ValleyMom

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:33 am
Is the trip for women as well attended as the one for men. I don't want a somber group of women crying graveside with tehillims.

I want the scene that is being posted every 15 minutes right now...

Thanks for the info I'm emailing her right now.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:35 am
ValleyMom wrote:
Is the trip for women as well attended as the one for men. I don't want a somber group of women crying graveside with tehillims.

I want the scene that is being posted every 15 minutes right now...

Thanks for the info I'm emailing her right now.

Lol.

I don't know about the BRI trip, but I do know that Yehudis's has singing and dancing... she brings along her guitar...

Her email address is yehudis.golshevsky@gmail.com.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Oct 05 2016, 10:58 am
Scheiner is a very wealthy man who likes to spending on these things. If you want to go the right way and with style then you have to go with Scheiner. He pays millions of dollars for this trip I don't think any paid trip will be as nice as his because it cost too much.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur