Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
The fast metabolism diet- menu ideas
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 8:09 am
amother [ Tealblue ] wrote:
Mintcream, I need chizzuk. I am on day 1 of phase 2 and feeling miserable. No energy, terrible diarrhea (sorry TMI) and can't get down my dinner; its horrible.

Did you feel this way?

I didn’t. I find phase 2 to be the hardest in terms of willpower but I don’t feel physically sick. Maybe some people don’t react well to the drastic change in carbs? Could it be a blood sugar thing?

I also adjusted pretty well to keto when I tried that, and some people get really sick with keto flu. Sounds similar. Maybe try salt and electrolytes?

Oh, also I eat all types of fruit during all 3 phases (not just the phase-specific ones) because I’m nursing. Maybe that helps?

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:27 am
Which app are you all talking about? I see a few
Thanks

amother
Tealblue

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 10:39 am
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
I didn’t. I find phase 2 to be the hardest in terms of willpower but I don’t feel physically sick. Maybe some people don’t react well to the drastic change in carbs? Could it be a blood sugar thing?

I also adjusted pretty well to keto when I tried that, and some people get really sick with keto flu. Sounds similar. Maybe try salt and electrolytes?

Oh, also I eat all types of fruit during all 3 phases (not just the phase-specific ones) because I’m nursing. Maybe that helps?

Wow eating fruit for sure helps,amazing.

I am also wondering if its reaction to the xylitol I never ate it before in my life.

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 11:10 am
amother [ Topaz ] wrote:
Which app are you all talking about? I see a few
Thanks

It’s called The Fast Metabolism Diet. First one that comes up when I search fast metabolism diet

amother
Mintcream

Post Thu, May 05 2022, 11:12 am
Wow eating fruit for sure helps,amazing.

I am also wondering if its reaction to the xylitol I never ate it before in my life.

The diarrhea definitely could be from the xylitol.

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 4:38 pm
Survived this far, phase 3 was amazing. Very Happy Very Happy

Trying to set myself up for success with the upcoming phase 2, cuz I am dreading it.
Can you share what protein you ate 5 times a day?? Surprised Sad

Mail

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 5:00 pm

Trying to set myself up for success with the upcoming phase 2, cuz I am dreading it.

Grilled chicken cutlets and cut it into a salad

amother
Mintcream

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:38 pm
Grilled chicken
Turkey deli meat (with nitrates, it’s the only kind I can get where I live)
Hard boiled egg whites when I really didn’t feel like more meat

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 7:44 pm

Egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms
Chicken stir fry
Chicken and brocolli

amother
Tealblue

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:04 pm
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
Egg white omelet with spinach and mushrooms
Chicken stir fry
Chicken and brocolli

Can your share recipes?

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 09 2022, 8:54 pm
Can your share recipes?

I do t really have exact measurments.
Basically sauté onions and garlic, sauté the chicken. Add coconut aminos, chicken broth and 2 tsp xylitol. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the brocolli and cook for another 5.

The chicken stir fry is the same idea but with different vegetables, like mushrooms etc.
You can add more soy sauce or more xylitol, depending how you want to flavor it.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:29 am
amother [ Caramel ] wrote:
I do t really have exact measurments.
Basically sauté onions and garlic, sauté the chicken. Add coconut aminos, chicken broth and 2 tsp xylitol. Cook for 10 minutes. Add the brocolli and cook for another 5.

The chicken stir fry is the same idea but with different vegetables, like mushrooms etc.
You can add more soy sauce or more xylitol, depending how you want to flavor it.

Thank you.

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 11:32 am
I'm getting really depressed. Its been a week and 2 days, and I lost 1 pound. Sad Sad
I've been perfect besides the coffee.
Why's it not working? Maybe the coffee is ruining it?

I am also so disappointed becauase I thought that just going off white sugar, white flour, starches etc would make me lose weight insantly, even without all the crazy phases and everything.

amother
Mintcream

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 1:01 pm
I'm getting really depressed. Its been a week and 2 days, and I lost 1 pound. Sad Sad

I am also so disappointed becauase I thought that just going off white sugar, white flour, starches etc would make me lose weight insantly, even without all the crazy phases and everything.

Is this your first week? Wow, that’s discouraging. I lost 4 lbs my first week so that made it easy to continue.

I really don’t believe the coffee is ruining it. I kept drinking coffee the whole time I lost 15 lb.

Are you following the book or the app? I never read the book and I hear many people find it confusing and contradictory (like in one place she says you can have x during phase whatever and another place she says no…). I followed the app and found it to be very easy because you just plug in your food for the week and then follow the plan.

Happens to be I’m trying to go back on after a few months of maintaining but I’m having a really hard time being strict with it. I’ve been gaining and losing the same 2-3 lb every week.

I really don’t know what the magic formula is! I’m just trying to find something that will help me lose the last 15 lb.

Hatzlacha!

amother
Tealblue

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 1:17 pm
amother [ Mintcream ] wrote:
Is this your first week? Wow, that’s discouraging. I lost 4 lbs my first week so that made it easy to continue.

I really don’t believe the coffee is ruining it. I kept drinking coffee the whole time I lost 15 lb.

Are you following the book or the app? I never read the book and I hear many people find it confusing and contradictory (like in one place she says you can have x during phase whatever and another place she says no…). I followed the app and found it to be very easy because you just plug in your food for the week and then follow the plan.

Happens to be I’m trying to go back on after a few months of maintaining but I’m having a really hard time being strict with it. I’ve been gaining and losing the same 2-3 lb every week.

I really don’t know what the magic formula is! I’m just trying to find something that will help me lose the last 15 lb.

Hatzlacha!

Yes its my first week. I am so disappointed, its such hard work and getting nowhere! I read the book and use the app and following diligently.

Going to continue till the end of this week and stopping if no significant improvement.

Mail

Post Tue, May 10 2022, 5:00 pm

Did you measure yourself? I found that in the beginning I lost alot more inches than pounds.

amother
Tealblue

Post Sun, May 15 2022, 4:54 pm
I am done. ;(

Gave it 2 weeks and lost under 3 pounds. Feeling shaky nauseous dizzy miserable most of the time. Stomach aches too. This diet obviously isn't for me. ;(
If anyone has other recommendations to get off those last 10 baby pounds I'm open to hearing.

ETA I'm going to keep a few things from thrus diet such a lots of water, eating breakfast immediately and little to no sugar. But this phases thing is out.

amother
Honeysuckle

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 3:47 pm
Hi imas need some advice here.
I'd like to give this a try while breastfeeding but cannot download the app (filter reasons) I roughly read through the book but did not see any mentions about nursing. What is it that I'm allowed to add on while nursing?

Want to lose 75lbs
TIA

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:24 pm
amother [ Honeysuckle ] wrote:
Hi imas need some advice here.
I'd like to give this a try while breastfeeding but cannot download the app (filter reasons) I roughly read through the book but did not see any mentions about nursing. What is it that I'm allowed to add on while nursing?

Want to lose 75lbs
TIA

She says to add 5 fruits a day if you’re nursing. I’m also nursing and I don’t eat quite that much fruit but I will have it for snacks and to add to a meal if I’m still hungry.

amother
Mintcream

Post Wed, May 18 2022, 4:50 pm
For anyone interested - I think I mentioned this up thread but I completed one full 28 day cycle of this diet and lost 9 lb, went off but kept eating healthy and lost another 6 lb, then maintained that loss for about 4 months. Now I’m trying again and I don’t stick to the diet rigidly but I lost 4 lb so far and I’ll share what I’ve gained from the diet and what I’m doing now.

I find myself sticking to the basic outline of the diet out of habit now. So for instance, I’ll eat oatmeal and an apple, maybe with a hard boiled egg, for breakfast Sunday-Monday, egg white omelette with vegetables Tuesday-Wednesday, and avocado toast with eggs or oatmeal with almond butter Thursday-Friday. What I do is build my meals loosely based on the phases. I make sure vegetables are a main part of each meal (except maybe breakfast), then I’ll add a serving of protein, a carb in phase 1, a fat and sometimes a carb in phase 3, and I try to stick to veggies and lean protein only in phase 2. But I don’t stress if I want to put a little oil on my salad in phase 1 or if I feel like eating a banana in phase 2.

One thing I found hard was not being able to use leftovers, like for example having salmon left over from Shabbos but not being able to eat it during phases 1 or 2. So now I don’t stress about that, I’ll have it anyway. So I kind of kept the things that worked and stopped doing the parts that I found to be too hard.

I find in particular the carb cycling aspect of the diet to be working for me. I started weighing every day recently just because I was curious, which is generally against dieting advice, but I noticed that while my weight did fluctuate over the week, which is normal, I saw the biggest loss on day 2 of phase 3. So that’s after restricting fat and carbs, and then reintroducing it for one day. Meaning the biggest loss wasn’t right after phase 2, which you might think, it was after one day of phase 3. I just thought that was interesting.

I know this was kind of rambling and might be vague and unclear for those trying to follow the diet to the letter, but I just thought I would share in case it helps someone.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise