Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What's your current Seit rate?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

real israeli

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 11:24 am
EI does not pay much more for an hour than half hour but you are in the same place for that hour. When you do half hour cases you are with the child for half hour then spend 20 minutes getting to the next child and parking so you're not making much more

seeker

Post Fri, May 12 2017, 1:08 pm
real israeli wrote:
EI does not pay much more for an hour than half hour but you are in the same place for that hour. When you do half hour cases you are with the child for half hour then spend 20 minutes getting to the next child and parking so you're not making much more

This. The hourly rate is not double the half-hourly rate because you save time in other ways - the travel, plus the amount of behind-the-scenes (e.g. you only have one parent to keep in touch with for the hour-long case, whereas if you took two half-hours you need to communicate with twice as many people)

SEIT does not pay differently because the half-hours are always part of a longer case, there's no such thing as a kid getting just a half-hour. However, the same can be said for the higher rate - it looks like SEITs are getting paid more per hour than other positions, but there's so much unpaid time between travel, documentation, missing kids, REQUIRED extra time (it's not just however long you need to prepare/communicate. They set an amount of time you're legally required to work on junk outside of your paid time.) Sure you could get lucky and get a whole caseload in one school so you don't need to travel between cases and have fewer people to collaborate with, but for most people my understanding is that it doesn't balance out to more than a salaried job that's less per hour but with consistent pay. I don't do it because it pays more per hour, I do it because the setup works for me at this time because I can choose how many cases to take depending on what's going on in my life at a given time.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:27 pm
Bump. Anyone else willing to share?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:33 pm
Im doin a seit pendency case for one agency for the rate of $72, with bilingual plus professional. And reg seit case for diff agency for $67. Reading everyone's responses it seems like theres really a big variety of rates..now im curious to know how much the agencies fet paid for each hour that we bill!

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:41 pm
I think the agencies used to get paid like $95 an hour before pay cut. It may be like $88 now.

amother
Lime

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:06 pm
So it seems like there are still decent rates out there, as I thought. Names of agencies paying over 65 an hr? Anyone? Pretty pls?!

amother
Purple

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:28 pm
amother wrote:
So it seems like there are still decent rates out there, as I thought. Names of agencies paying over 65 an hr? Anyone? Pretty pls?!

I dont want to give agency names but if u say which one ur asking for a raise at, I cud tell u if I have any experience with them...ive worked for a few at the rate I stated...

seeker

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 10:37 pm
Purple amother, I'm not willing to post about this publicly but I wouldn't mind a PM conversation about it!

I believe the biggest difference for the agencies isn't the exact dollar amount per hour going down, it's the changes in policies. For example, they used to get a certain amount per year for each case they took on. They could use that to cover their overhead. There's a lot of overhead when you run an agency with service coordination and supervision and PD and paperwork and billing and everything! But the DOE switched to not paying anything but the actual hours serviced, after the fact. So now if there are a lot of absences, the agency gets nothing for that time even though their staffing needs haven't changed. It stinks for the provider too but it's harder for the agency's cashflow management this way. Plus on top of that they also cut the hourly rates. So it's just a huge blow all around.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 7:33 am
amother wrote:
I dont want to give agency names but if u say which one ur asking for a raise at, I cud tell u if I have any experience with them...ive worked for a few at the rate I stated...
I mentioned earlier that I work for yeled vyalda. I understand if it's a smaller agency, but something like yeled, Omni, integrated etc won't tell anyone who you are... if it's yeled, would really appreciate if you could confirm...

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:43 am
amother wrote:
I mentioned earlier that I work for yeled vyalda. I understand if it's a smaller agency, but something like yeled, Omni, integrated etc won't tell anyone who you are... if it's yeled, would really appreciate if you could confirm...

Sorry I didnt see that part...when I worked for Yeled a year or two ago I got $66. They can be very tough about giving a raise...I found that if you're valuable to them (meaning the school you work at likes u, the parent pushes for you...) and you can afford to lose cases with them (if they don't give you a raise u'll just go work for a different agency) then you may have something to work with...if not, it's highly unlikely for them to give in...

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:49 am
Thanks! Was it after the pay cut that you got 66? Or before? My school bh likes me very much, but hard to know how much yeled cares. I feel like therapists are disposable... and I would gladly switch, that's why I'm trying to find out who pays more 😊

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! Was it after the pay cut that you got 66? Or before? My school bh likes me very much, but hard to know how much yeled cares. I feel like therapists are disposable... and I would gladly switch, that's why I'm trying to find out who pays more 😊

yes, after the cut..and yeh, know what you mean abt them caring Sad If I were in ur situation I would probably put in my request, and if they don't want to give you the raise, go to a different agency! There are so many out there who appreciate good therapists!!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 4:58 pm
Thanks purple. Wish I knew who those agencies were! If I post under my username would you pm me?

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:08 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks purple. Wish I knew who those agencies were! If I post under my username would you pm me?

Sure!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 5:16 pm
Deleted since haven't heard from you, purple amother.

Last edited by amother on Tue, May 16 2017, 7:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 6:53 pm
[quote="amother"

Half hr rates are from 43-48 and based upon experience.
All these rates are for w2, 1099 earn more.[/quote]

I make 55 per half hour session for EI.

seeker

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:
[quote="amother"

Half hr rates are from 43-48 and based upon experience.
All these rates are for w2, 1099 earn more.

I make 55 per half hour session for EI.[/quote]
Where?
Are you a BCBA or bilingual or something?
I feel like I keep getting scammed, I am either highly qualified or overqualified for most jobs I take but always getting these lowball rates.

amother
Navy

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:13 pm
seeker wrote:
Where?
Are you a BCBA or bilingual or something?
I feel like I keep getting scammed, I am either highly qualified or overqualified for most jobs I take but always getting these lowball rates.

Nope. I do regular special instruction. Just doing it a long time so I asked for the raise.

amother
Firebrick

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:29 pm
I earn $54 per half hour in EI in williamsburg, not officially bilangual (no bilangual extension or certificate ) but I know yiddish on a toddler level.
In boropark I earn $48, same with the yiddish.

For me it is worth it to do EI. I have back to back cases with 5 min intervals for walking time. I schedule the day based in location and alternate side parking, as in if one side has alternate side until 11, I'll do cases in the other side of willi first. I have two cases tgat are a 10 min drive from the case before, but that is the exception. I literally park once walk a few blocks to the next case for 5 cases in a row, and then drive 10 min park once and have 3 cases in a row then drive 10 min to next case and done the day! The last case really should be in morning but doesn't fit with child's nap schedule.

ETA this is on w2

seeker

Post Tue, May 16 2017, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
I earn $54 per half hour in EI in williamsburg, not officially bilangual (no bilangual extension or certificate ) but I know yiddish on a toddler level.
In boropark I earn $48, same with the yiddish.

For me it is worth it to do EI. I have back to back cases with 5 min intervals for walking time. I schedule the day based in location and alternate side parking, as in if one side has alternate side until 11, I'll do cases in the other side of willi first. I have two cases tgat are a 10 min drive from the case before, but that is the exception. I literally park once walk a few blocks to the next case for 5 cases in a row, and then drive 10 min park once and have 3 cases in a row then drive 10 min to next case and done the day! The last case really should be in morning but doesn't fit with child's nap schedule.

Sounds like a miracle, every time I have an appointment in Williamsburg I have to circle the whole neighborhood to find parking.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics