Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
"Mommy Camp" Support Thread
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 6:50 am
im in europe... no porch, garden, balcony Smile

keym

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:12 am
DVOM wrote:
WOW! I'm so impressed with these mommy camps! My kids will be in day camp (bungalow colony) when school here in Lakewood ends for the summer (in mid-July)... you guys are making me kinda jealous that we don't keep them home!

We love day trips on summer Fridays and Sundays though. If anyone is in the Lakewood area and wants some ideas of free stuff to do:

Fossil hunting in Big Brook preserve in Colts Neck. My kids have found amazing shark teeth, squid pens, huge fossil shells.

Barnegat Bay lighthouse. Climbing to the top of the lighthouse is free, and the view is gorgeous! If you have the patience to do it, a 45 min to an hour long treck along the rock wall will get you to a very deserted beach that pokes out into the ocean. We have found massive seashells on this beach!

The spraypark at Dorbrook Rec Area is clean, quiet, and so fun! The dry playground area is also great, with clean bathrooms and a great sandpit.

Fireworks at Jenkenson's boardwalk every Thursday night at dusk. We've never gone, but plan to this week.

I love the Mommypoppins website. We've found really great things to do searching this site.

If anyone has any other ideas of free things to do in the Lakewood area, please share! I'm always looking for new ideas!

Bike riding along Manasquan Reservoir. Bring your own bikes its free (you could also rent bikes there)
Cape May Zoo. A bit of a schlep 1 1/2 hours away. But free (they ask for donations). Nice zoo with a decent collection of animals. And a very nice park there.
Sunrise at the beach. We go very early and the kids play. We are makpid on what my boys look at but its empty. And the first arrivals are joggers and dog walkers. The less dressed women dont show up until 10 ish.

sped

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 7:52 am
My friend used the letters of her last name and structured camp around that. So for example, if they had the letter P, they would paint, eat pizza and go to the police station (or park) and take pictures..

Laiya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 11:46 am
Speaking of beaches, can anyone suggest a nice, empty beach in NY area that would be ok for boys?

elisheva25

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 1:24 pm
Laiya wrote:
Speaking of beaches, can anyone suggest a nice, empty beach in NY area that would be ok for boys?

Yes,Ceedar Grove beach I’m Staten Island
I take my kids during the week at the end of the summer when camp is over and there are almost zero people there
I don’t know how it is Sunday’s

Laiya

Post Mon, Jun 25 2018, 2:01 pm
elisheva25 wrote:
Yes,Ceedar Grove beach I’m Staten Island
I take my kids during the week at the end of the summer when camp is over and there are almost zero people there
I don’t know how it is Sunday’s

Thanks!

amother
Brown

Post Mon, Jun 08 2020, 11:51 am
BUMP! this is an amazing thread!!!
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics