Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chassidish women, what would you like me to design for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

DREAMING

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 9:26 am
Fabrics that are cool but don't "cling"

amother
Green

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 9:37 am
Collar that covers collar bone, long sleeves- not that I have to wear a shell underneath. Cotton- no wool or lycra. Length Should be long enough that I don't have to wrar skirt.
I like Talbots, Zara (the styles but not the quality). Macys, Lord N Taylor, Brooks Brothers. 'All debbed Up', wear and flair has nice stuff.
Really we are regular people like everyone else its just our headgear maybe different. We do like better quality and are into styles. Maybe a chasdish person from (Williamsburg -the vogue in Brooklyn) should help you.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 9:43 am
I really didnt and dont mean that chassidim are aliens. chas veshalom. I just know that its important for you to look put together and you guys spend alot of money to look good, so I want to make things that are exactly what you are looking for.Smile

(and same for all chareid women obv. I would wear all the clothes I design.)

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:05 am
So many people already said this. I'm going to add it again. Please use cotton. When you're wearing high necks and long sleevs you want the fabric to be comfortable. If you can make tops and dresses out of a good pure cotton knit please post where I can go buy your clothes. I'll buy everything you have in my size. The synthetics they sell where I live are terrible on a hot day like today. I just got home and I coudn't take it.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:09 am
Light fabrics, so not the sweaty stuff.
No high collar but nothing showing the collarbones. Skirts comfortably under knee and elbow - I'm tall, thank you!
I love a large range of sizes, not the general 6 to 16 that leaves the skinnies and the zoftig out. A friend of mine does 4 to 24.
Colours! "hate" black.

exhausted

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:12 am
Round necklines that really do cover the collarbone and 3/4 sleeves that are long enough that even tall people with long arms can wear without a shell or sleevies.

max

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:16 am
Would love to see a collection of elegant blouses with ruffles and interesting details in white ivory and nice colors that are cotton and not see through would like to see silky ones too with some color or patterns that are not leopard again not see through and under $300

dinatov

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:35 am
I think what you're looking for is a classic trendy look. That typical jacket, with a twist. That little black dress, with a discreet edge.
Also, I find that the niche that's missing is the niche between the trendy and the nerdy. Some people actually measure 4 inches under the knee. they don't want 2 and they don't want 8.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:38 am
gst wrote:
if you look around you would see that chassidim tend to dress more trendy than others. they have a more chic, put together way of dressing. dont think you have to worry about too trendy! just put tznius and classy together and your on the right track!

There are different types of chassidishe women. You cant compare the trendy Boro Parkers to the ones living in Skvere.

Quote:
not where live in Israel
The chasidim dress differently that the yeshivish do

Actually my very litvish/yeshivish Israeli cousins dress very much like my chassidish American cousins.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:44 am
amother wrote:
I'm not chassidish, but yes the bolded is a great idea. Instead of having to find material to add on when too short (or decide to leave it because it will look too 'added on', it would be great if there's always a couple inch hem that could be taken down...

Theres a conspiracy between the heimishe clothing stores and Tip Top Trimming store!

(only slightly kidding!)

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 10:56 am
Hi,

I know alot of posters mentioned cotton, however I am only interested in cotton/poly blends so that I don't need to iron.

I also love those companies that put enough fabric in the hem so that you can let them down easily.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Hi,

I know alot of posters mentioned cotton, however I am only interested in cotton/poly blends so that I don't need to iron.

I also love those companies that put enough fabric in the hem so that you can let them down easily.

I also don't like cotton so much because of the creasing issue and because it tends to fade faster and shows stains. I love my 95% viscose top from paniz. the fabric is so thin (and sleeves are 3/4 length) that it's way cooler than my 100% cotton t-shirt. I dont know why but oil stains don't show (or dont get absorbed) as easily on this top. But I needed to add a necklastic to make the neckline kosher for me.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 12:01 pm
I'm always looking for nightwear with integral bra support.
Only ones I see are sleeveless and I couldn't leave my bedroom in. Need short sleeve at least...

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 1:19 pm
I am always looking for skirts that are easy to walk in, move in and sit in (while having the knees covered). I would like to see skirts made out of comfortable machine washable material and skirts that have pockets (to keep my smartphone and tissues). As a teacher of young children, I need to be able to sit on the floor and stay tznius.

HeartyAppetite

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:18 pm
Dresses that suit high waisted women. I have such a hard time with this.

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:31 pm
I'm definitely not Chassidish. But based on the requests here, I would suggest the following:

(1) Casual summer shirts that can be worn without a shell. Winter shirts seem to be more widely available, and it must be hot as hades wearing a shell under a summer top.

(2) Tzniut cocktail dresses that aren't matronly. I think those would work well in general society as well. It seems that most dressy clothes are now sleeveless, which is largely accepted in non-religious society. That means that frum women -- who generally attend more dressy events than the average woman -- must alter, or wear a shrug, or wear a shell. But more than that. A LOT of women of a certain age also don't want to bear their arms; they would also be interested in more covered dresses. Particularly if such dresses could be sold for under $300.

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:32 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Light fabrics, so not the sweaty stuff.
No high collar but nothing showing the collarbones. Skirts comfortably under knee and elbow - I'm tall, thank you!
I love a large range of sizes, not the general 6 to 16 that leaves the skinnies and the zoftig out. A friend of mine does 4 to 24.
Colours! "hate" black.

I agree. True to size clothing options . I just lost 100 lbs and wear size l-xl from department stores and don't fit into clothing at the Frum stores.

yogabird

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 2:55 pm
Petite sizes!

rydys

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:03 pm
I'd love to see some skirts that are mid-calf length and not too tight. Also with sleeves and appropriate necklines. I'm really tired of paying high prices for clothes that I then have to pay more to have modified, or put a shell underneath

bsy

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 3:28 pm
I'm just marveling at the change in style....a few years ago shells were the rage, so much so that whole businesses sprang up! And now it seems everyone wants tops that don't need shells.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics