Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chassidish women, what would you like me to design for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

cholenteater

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:54 pm
pause wrote:
If you're doing Shabbas robes:

all of the above is even more important in a robe
plus
Make them pretty. Not looking like glorified nightgowns.

And more options for nursing mothers. I don't want to be relegated to buying a dowdy-looking robe meant for middle-aged women just because I don't want to completely disrobe in order to nurse my baby.

Check out Lebon in 18th ave they have beautiful robes with discreet zippers one each side from around under the armpit to waist. Amazing for a nursing mom, worth the price. And that's coming from me who is very into trying to save money. It has literally been my best buy ever.

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 6:58 pm
I would love one piece comfortable dresses for the summer that don't need any alterations. Its hot enough as it with needing to be fully covered in the summer, I do not like wearing skirts and top let alone shells. One piece cool flowing outfits would be awesome!

lora

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 7:52 pm
summer tops that are thin yet not see through so they need a shell under it, 3/4 sleeves at least and full neckline, very hard to find such. dresses that are youthful and look beautiful yet not out of clingy or baggy material and long enough or with large hem that could be taken out.
night gowns that look great, just as * as pj's.
and reasonable prices, whenever its designed for chassidish the prices are over the roof, some of us actually do lead kollel lives...

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 8:00 pm
If you can copy Kate Middleton outfits, I will be your first costumer. Love her way of dressing so elegance yet so refine.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Jul 19 2017, 11:16 pm
Blessing1 wrote:
I can't believe there are still people out there that think chassidish dresses different then the world. Now days the everyone dresses more or less the same. Chassidish, litvish, yeshivish, modern.... everyone shops at the same stores.

You're joking, right?

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:27 am
I second the kate Middleton thing! If u design anything like what she would wear I would love to buy it!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:00 am
amother wrote:
I second the kate Middleton thing! If u design anything like what she would wear I would love to buy it!

I just did a google image search and you're right! But she's so skinny, could those clothes be made to look good on me?

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:35 am
I am not chassidis - but I am very short. Please don't make all your clothes appropriate for tall women, there are just as many short women as tall women. And unlike many people think, a short woman can't just shorten any dress and skirt and it would look fine on her. Can you imagine how frumpy a short woman would look if she wore a dress with all that extra fabric. If you could possibly make some styles more appropriate for shorter women and others for taller women.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 6:30 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I am not chassidis - but I am very short. Please don't make all your clothes appropriate for tall women, there are just as many short women as tall women. And unlike many people think, a short woman can't just shorten any dress and skirt and it would look fine on her. Can you imagine how frumpy a short woman would look if she wore a dress with all that extra fabric. If you could possibly make some styles more appropriate for shorter women and others for taller women.

A clearly labeled petites line.

Raisin

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 6:47 am
flattering, tznius, long enough pencil skirts with pockets.

I'm a little taller then average and its almost impossible to find long enough pencil skirts in frum shops. I do find them in non Jewish shops more often so I feel that maybe frum designers are catering for shorter women.

Clothing in general that flatters women who have less then perfect figures. eg after childbirth.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:31 am
amother wrote:

That would be ideal, but I don't know if that's in the budget for such a small market

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:42 am
amother wrote:

Is it hard to find in general? I did not know that.

My petite friends can shop anywhere! Junior lines, regular clothing that is supposed to be worn tight but looks tznius on them, etc. I never thought frum petite women have a problem.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 9:51 am
amother wrote:

chanchy123 wrote:
That would be ideal, but I don't know if that's in the budget for such a small market

I don't know if I'm supposed to laugh or groan at the pun.

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:24 am
youngishbear wrote:
Is it hard to find in general? I did not know that.

My petite friends can shop anywhere! Junior lines, regular clothing that is supposed to be wkorn tight but looks tznius on them, etc. I never thought frum petite women have a problem.

Petite doesn't necessarily mean thin- it means short.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:40 am
Quote:
if you look around you would see that chassidim tend to dress more trendy than others.

Outsiders would call it 'more fancy' rather than more trendy.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:47 am
Petite - feminine word for "short", which would be petit. It's not the fancy, complimentary word Imamother thinks it is.

amother
Tan

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 10:50 am
Ruchel wrote:
Petite - feminine word for "short", which would be petit. It's not the fancy, complimentary word Imamother thinks it is.

No, but in the US, "petite" clothing is shorter, with narrower shoulders and sleeves, sized to fit smaller women.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:02 am
cnc wrote:
Petite doesn't necessarily mean thin- it means short.

I meant smaller frame. The ones I know happen to be thin, but I hear you.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 11:59 am
For those who like Kate Middletons style, check out LK Bennet, Ted Baker, and Orla Kiely, all have some tznius options.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:04 pm
amother wrote:
No, but in the US, "petite" clothing is shorter, with narrower shoulders and sleeves, sized to fit smaller women.

Yes petite sizes in the US are sized for shorter but also narrower women.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics