Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Chassidish women, what would you like me to design for you?
Previous  1  2  3  4

tigerwife

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:10 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
For those who like Kate Middletons style, check out LK Bennet, Ted Baker, and Orla Kiely, all have some tznius options.

Lol on point. Go visit the Ted Baker section of Bloomingdales in NYC and you might just feel like you are shopping in Boro Park.

dancingqueen

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:20 pm
tigerwife wrote:
Lol on point. Go visit the Ted Baker section of Bloomingdales in NYC and you might just feel like you are shopping in Boro Park.

How perfect for the three weeks! I am far from chassidish but I love Ted baker too Smile

gp2.0

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:22 pm
More pockets! In skirts and in dresses.

Don't leave rigid seams without lining on the insides of dresses or robes. They're so uncomfortable to wear with the seams poking at me. Same goes for zippers.

More creative and flattering cuts - often dresses are just a top and bottom crudely sewn together (with that hateful seam on the inside poking the stomach) they don't flow in a flattering way.

No shoulder pads anywhere! Burn the shoulder pads.

More color, interesting patterns and designs.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:24 pm
gp2.0 wrote:
More pockets! In skirts and in dresses.

Don't leave rigid seams without lining on the insides of dresses or robes. They're so uncomfortable to wear with the seams poking at me. Same goes for zippers.

More creative and flattering cuts - often dresses are just a top and bottom crudely sewn together (with that hateful seam on the inside poking the stomach) they don't flow in a flattering way.

No shoulder pads anywhere! Burn the shoulder pads.

When the saleslady tells you to "just add a leetle shoulder pad here..."

I run!! LOL

But sometimes it does make dresses sit better on high waisted women.

Burn the shoulder pads and design dresses that sit better on us nonstandard shapes.

amother
Copper

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 12:40 pm
I would really love different styles for different ages. I'm short, average weight and in my 30s, everything that fits me looks very teenagy. I don't want to wear what my 17 yr old niece is wearing. My sister is average height and quite heavy. All she could find is very "bubbyish." I would really love a line of clothing that works for the 30-40 year olds. Some pieces that could be unbuttoned or whatever for nursing or pumping. (I really hate having to choose between wearing practical or stripping in the bathroom daily when I have to pump.)

If you are doing kids and teens, I would love preteen clothing affordable for those "early bloomer" or large and heavy 9-12 year olds. I want to be able to dress them like girls and not like kalla maidels. But there is very little available.

Speaking of kids and teen clothing, even more material in the hem so we could let it down partly at the beginning of the season and there's still more room to grow so they could wear that outfit for the whole season or maybe even 2.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:19 pm
youngishbear wrote:
Is it hard to find in general? I did not know that.

My petite friends can shop anywhere! Junior lines, regular clothing that is supposed to be worn tight but looks tznius on them, etc. I never thought frum petite women have a problem.

Are you serious? It is VERY hard to find decent petites. In the entire country of Israel there are no petites.
Being petite size doesn't mean I can shop in the junior section, I have a very well endowed figure (I'm busy and overweight) but I'm super short.
I want to wear a dress that is made for my proportions.

youngishbear

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 1:27 pm
chanchy123 wrote:
Are you serious? It is VERY hard to find decent petites. In the entire country of Israel there are no petites.
Being petite size doesn't mean I can shop in the junior section, I have a very well endowed figure (I'm busy and overweight) but I'm super short.
I want to wear a dress that is made for my proportions.

As I said the petite people I know have small frames and are thin. I don't necessarily think of petite as just shorter than average.

Look like we need a range of fits.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 2:37 pm
The only places I've still seen shoulder pads were Mea Shearim. HORRIBLE. I once bought an outfit and had it removed and still it wasn't exactly right.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 3:28 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
For those who like Kate Middletons style, check out LK Bennet, Ted Baker, and Orla Kiely, all have some tznius options.

Right but there hell expansive! Kate Middleton's style with better price tags.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Jul 20 2017, 6:32 pm
Whatever you design, can you please make sure that at least some of them are available for larger sizes? Like 16 / 18? It is so so frustrating that most of the stuff are tiny, and hardly anything would fit anyone above a size 14.
Some say that certain styles would not look good on larger women. I find that not to be the case. Most things looks great on any lady, as long as it is big enough!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics