Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
In Search of a Perfect Pharmacy Mascara
Previous  1  2

SixOfWands

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 1:14 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Hugs because I'm not American? Cool, this forum is always so interesting.
Well then, in pharmacy you will not find cheapos. L'Oréal mascara in PHARMACY? LOL. See I can reply the same.

Ruchel, in the US, there have traditionally been 2 tiers of cosmetics. "Drugstore brands" were less expensive, had less elaborate/attractive packaging, and were considered downmarket. "Department store brands" were more expensive, with more elaborate packaging and considered to be more luxurious.

Drugstore packaging:

Department store packaging

That's been changing over the past several years. A variety of brands are now sold in places like Sephora and Blue Mercury. There are more brands at in-between price points, and more brands, period. A lot of drugstores now sell higher-end brands. And there is a greater recognition that drugstore brands have a lot of really great products.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 1:25 pm
Wow thanks all for sharing your faves. Now What Scratching Head which to choose?? I will try the ones you mentioned that I can find easily and keep u guys posted.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 3:38 pm
I am professional makeup artist for all occasions. I have tried pretty much every mascara on the market, and I have to say that my favorite one is L'Oreal telescopic (I use waterproof for my brides, but you can use whichever). It is by far the best mascara on the planet. The brush is perfect for all types of lashes. The bristles are comfortable, and they get even the tiniest lash in the trickiest place. The formula is perfect- not runny and not dry. It is literally better than high end mascaras, and I have tried 40-50 dollar mascaras. L'Oreal telescopic blows 'em all outta the water. And I think it's like 9 bucks or something

Raisin

Post Wed, Aug 30 2017, 5:07 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I never understand what is a drugstore or pharmacy mascara as it seems to work very differently, but you've got some great suggestions!

pharmacies don't sell make up in France? Here (just like in the USA) department stores sell expensive brands like bobbi brown, estee lauder etc and pharmacies sell max factor, loreal, and so on. We don't have speciality make up shops like sephora though.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics