Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
How much makeup do you wear every day?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Royalblue

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:48 am
Depends on my mood. I can do 20 minutes of 4 eye shadows colors, 4 eye liner colors, mascara, brows, lipstick, bb cream, bronzer for a week and I can just decide to not wear makeup for the next 2 weeks.

Usually though I have at least, I have brows, I do some black eye liner on my top waterline, and use lipstick. I have decent skin, natural blush, and I like that as my natural look. This takes 2 minutes.

cooksallday

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:34 am
Depends on how much time I have in the morning. Sometimes nothing, but if I have some time usually moisturizer, mascara and eyeliner. I like liquid with a wing that takes a touch longer. Moisturizer and lipstick/lip liner that stays on matte if I feel like it.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 5:39 am
BB cream, blush,eyeliner,lipstick sometimes mascara

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 6:34 am
Outside ranges from nothing to "full face" (horrible word).
Inside never, it's my "shelter", unless we're having a simcha.

watergirl

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 7:48 am
None. I own some makeup but it’s old and used so infrequently that I think at this point it’s toxic.

Some people know how to apply just the right amount so really complements them. Most of the people who I see with a “full face” look, well, bad. I am in a position at work to hire people for a specific job and I’m not going to lie. The amount of makeup one woman wears turned me so off that I didnt offer her an interview. Her fb is full of posts about her love for makeup and its way too much. For this particular job, I truly felt that it would be bery detrimental to the role. I’m not going to say anymore because I don’t want to be more specific. But I really do think that most people who cover themselves with make up would look 1 million times better with a quarter of the amount.

Last edited by watergirl on Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Wine

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 7:54 am
I am on the market so yeah....
I wear a dab of eye shadow.
Blush, a little foundation and lipstick and lip loc what else?

BadTichelDay

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 8:22 am
Moisturizing cream, pale powder, a bit of blush, eyeliner, eyebrow pencil (without it, my eyebrows just look moth-eaten). Takes about 2 minutes.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 9:25 am
Moisturizer. Eye cream

Eye base. 3 colors of eyeshadow. eyeliner. mascara

Primer. 3 colors of color corrector. foundation. concealer. blush. Highlighter.

Fill in brows, plus clear gel to keep them tidy.

Lipstick.

If I'm not doing it on the way to work, it takes all of 10 to 15 minutes. And a lot of people don't realize I wear makeup most of the time; its relatively natural.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:15 am
foundation, blush, lipstick

If I'm going to a simcha, I add eyeliner, mascara, and eye shado.

Metukah

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:22 am
Moisturiser, foundation, eye shadow (2-2 colours), eye liner, mascara, blush, lipstick.

I do the full thing every day, doesn't take me longer than 7-8 minutes.

For shabbos I might spend a little longer so it lasts a little longer. I also use concealer.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 3:15 pm
I must admit that I am pretty and have gotten uncomfortable attention in the past. Therefore, I struggle with whether or not I should wear makeup being that dh doesnt really care. However, I do like makeup and feel washed out without some lipstick. I very much admire the amother who doesn't wear makeup to work because she will be with men

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:28 pm
If I'm going out or for a simcha I wear the exact same makeup. I don't like the heavily made up look nor do I like how I look without any makeup at all.

If I'm not going out then I'll just wear whatever makeup is still left from yesterday. If my makeup is really worn off then I'll reapply.

My routine takes 2-5 minutes. Eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara, highlighting eye liner, lipstick. And moisturizer every day.
Never more makeup than that. Never less. I have good skin BH.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:45 pm
amother wrote:
I very much admire the amother who doesn't wear makeup to work because she will be with men
I'm not so holy, just trying to be practical. There's no use taking extra steps to beautify myself when I'm sitting around with men all day. It's hard enough keeping a distance and not discussing my personal life, etc. I don't want to deal with any extra attention for my looks. I see it as a waste of time and makeup. (My co workers aren't Jewish, and the makeup standard in general is a lot lower compared to the frum community, so it's not weird or anything) I'm not one of those that only wear makeup in the bedroom Rolling Laughter

jewwoman

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 4:50 pm
Eyeliner and a light lip colour. That's all I wear every day. Shabbos is a full face.

Shoshana37

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:03 pm
Eye liner and lip gloss to work

mominthemiddle

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 10:05 pm
Eyeliner, mascara, and CONCEALER. Lol

fbmommy

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:02 pm
rivkam wrote:
So it seems that in the minority here with my high maintenance make up routine:

Foundation, pressed powder, contour, bronzer, blusher, eye shadow base, multiple eye shadows, mascara, liquid lipstick, lipstick - takes around 20 minutes although my eyes take quite a bit of time doing my whole eye look

Nope, I wear most of what you wear too, but don't consider that high maintenance. I can put it on in under 5 minutes, and it looks really light and natural.
Basic look: foundation, powder foundation, bronzer, blush, eye shadow base+2 colors (use a palette for all 3), eye liner, mascara and lipstick.
I have a different eyeshadow palette and lipstick for Shabbos, and will usually sharpen my eyeliner pencil then too...

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 13 2017, 11:29 pm
Full face of makeup every single day. Foundation, powder, browser, blush, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara, bold lip color. It takes me around 10 minutes.
Even if I just run to the grocery I would apply makeup. I feel naked without it. And I'm totally obsessed with it 😀

amother
Copper

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 12:56 pm
Blush, mascara, eyeliner and eyebrow pencil whenever I leave the house. I also wear tinted lipbalm and under eye concealer most of the time. When I want to look extra good or for shabbos/simchos I add eyeshadow, highlighter and real lipstick rather than the balm.

Even when I am home I will put on mascara and a bit of blush.

emunahmother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:06 pm
Just eyeliner and mascara every day
Shabbos I add a bit more
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics