Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
In your opinion how happy is Queen Elizabeth w engagement?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:07 pm
amother wrote:
Well, considering her uncle had to abdicate over a divorced woman and she denied her sister permission to marry a divorced man, I'd say she isn't all that happy but a) she knows it would be ridiculous to make a stink about it in this day and age and b) Harry is pretty far down the line so it's moot. And besides, given Harry's past antics, it would be silly to get upset over who he marries.

I think she saw how unhappy her son and sister were by following protocol. She learned to bend with Camilla.

Fox

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:11 pm
It is all part of a long-term conspiracy on the part of Northwestern University's School of Communication, which houses the theater department, to supplant the Royal Academy for the Dramatic Arts.

The newly-minted Duchess of LA will of course select a few good causes for her patronage, and what makes more sense for a former actress than RADA? She'll raise money from the NU crowd, promote her cronies for jobs, and broker all kinds of joint programs.

You'll see: a few generations and Shakespeare will be properly be performed with the Upper Midwest accent cultivated in generations of Wildcat thespians.

Note: I'm kidding . . . I think.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:17 pm
Fox wrote:
It is all part of a long-term conspiracy on the part of Northwestern University's School of Communication, which houses the theater department, to supplant the Royal Academy for the Dramatic Arts.

The newly-minted Duchess of LA will of course select a few good causes for her patronage, and what makes more sense for a former actress than RADA? She'll raise money from the NU crowd, promote her cronies for jobs, and broker all kinds of joint programs.

You'll see: a few generations and Shakespeare will be properly be performed with the Upper Midwest accent cultivated in generations of Wildcat thespians.

Note: I'm kidding . . . I think.

And as a royal family member her long-term goal is to end Regents in NY and establish a daycare in the White House.

Wait that was Ivanka's goal. I'm getting my dynasties confused.

Fox

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 3:38 pm
youngishbear wrote:
And as a royal family member her long-term goal is to end Regents in NY and establish a daycare in the White House.

Wait that was Ivanka's goal. I'm getting my dynasties confused.

Keep up, Youngish! That was Barron's goal. He enlisted Ivanka's support by promising free babysitting!

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Well, considering her uncle had to abdicate over a divorced woman and she denied her sister permission to marry a divorced man, I'd say she isn't all that happy but a) she knows it would be ridiculous to make a stink about it in this day and age and b) Harry is pretty far down the line so it's moot. And besides, given Harry's past antics, it would be silly to get upset over who he marries.

This.
It reminds me of the talk when Reagan was president, that people couldn't wrap their heads around the fact that in the 80s there could be a president who grew up in a time when many people still relied on horses.
The Queen must wonder sometimes at how much times have changed. I doubt she had any great expectations, and may well be relieved.

youngishbear

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 4:39 pm
Fox wrote:
Keep up, Youngish! That was Barron's goal. He enlisted Ivanka's support by promising free babysitting!

Sheesh. Barons and Barrons and regents and regencies. This bear wants to hibernate until the world sanitizes.

Or sanifies? I'm looking for the verbificated form of sanity.

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:05 pm
I dont think she is....

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:05 pm
alis_al_kulana wrote:
I'm sure they're fine with it as long as she's appropriately anti semitic and anti Israel, so she can fit in with the family.

Actually Prince Philip's mother, Princess Alice of Greece, hid Jews from the Nazi's during the war in Greece. She is also buried in Israel. Absolutely fascinating woman.

http://www.independent.co.uk/n......html

Although Philip is probably the most openly racist member of the Royal family, known for making wildly inappropriate remarks in public.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:18 pm
DrMom wrote:
Last time I was in London, there were pictures in all the tabloids of Harry partying naked in Vegas with a bunch of nude/bikini-clad women.

If I were the Queen, I'd just happy he is settling down and marrying before further embarrassing the Royal Family.

Don’t forget the time he dressed in a Nazi uniform.

He didn’t need the Queen’s permission. But she’s relaxed the rules quite a bit. Im guessing the other ones wife wasn’t the Virgin Bride, either. I’m guesssing she was fine with it.

Water Stones

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 6:31 pm
SuperWify wrote:
The queen is devastated.

Wow really???
I always love the British royals since I been a little girl. I saw the wedding of Prince William and Princess Kate on a video and oh it was grand!!! And then waiting to see when she was birthing her babies! I didn't have a tv when I was before married, so I'm excited to watch Prince Harry wedding on tv!!

Brownies

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 7:05 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

He didn’t need the Queen’s permission.

He did actually. At the moment he’s 5th in line to the throne, and the new rules apply up to the 6th in line.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:16 pm
Raisin wrote:
Although Philip is probably the most openly racist member of the Royal family, known for making wildly inappropriate remarks in public.

Uh oh. Will he continue in that tradition and offer his opinion of his future grand daughter in law, in public?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:28 pm
etky wrote:
Don't forget, American too Rolling Eyes

This.

This is much bigger than most people realize.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:39 pm
amother wrote:
This.

This is much bigger than most people realize.

I disagree.

My gut tells me the royal family is more bothered by the mixed race issue than the American issue.

Princess Grace married into royalty years ago, and the country didnt object at all.

Just like many voted for Trump but wouldnt admit it publicly, I think there are probably many who secretly arent comfortable with this engagement.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, Dec 03 2017, 10:49 pm
People don't seem enamored by the fact that she's American, but she has been partially redeemed by having lived in Toronto for the past 7 years.

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 5:33 am
amother wrote:
Uh oh. Will he continue in that tradition and offer his opinion of his future grand daughter in law, in public?

He has retired from all public duties now.

amother
Gray

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 7:37 am
Raisin wrote:
He has retired from all public duties now.

Has he retired from commenting publicly as well? LOL

Raisin

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 8:40 am
moonstone wrote:
Imasoftov, that was hysterical! And so true. I think the idea of having royal families in this day and age is beyond ridiculous. All the castles should be turned into museums and the "royals" should stop being supported by the taxpayers. Let them get jobs! Lol.

I'm sure the Queen wasn't thrilled with Harry's choice of bride. A half-black, older, divorced actress probably wasn't what she had in mind. On the other hand, maybe she just doesn't care anymore. How old is she-90? Maybe she's mellowed out and is just happy he's settling down.

She's probably not the first mixed race royal. (I guess the only way to prove this is by doing a dna test on the royals and seeing if they have any african DNA)

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....archy

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
I disagree.

My gut tells me the royal family is more bothered by the mixed race issue than the American issue.

Princess Grace married into royalty years ago, and the country didnt object at all.

Just like many voted for Trump but wouldnt admit it publicly, I think there are probably many who secretly arent comfortable with this engagement.

Monaco isn't GB.

fmt4

Post Mon, Dec 04 2017, 9:19 am
alis_al_kulana wrote:
I'm sure they're fine with it as long as she's appropriately anti semitic and anti Israel, so she can fit in with the family.

Not everything revolves around the Jews and Israel. I don’t think any of the Royal family has ever said anything about Israel.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics