Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Moshiach is here! (***Pretend Play)
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 4:40 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Do you mind explaining why?
(Asking sincerely)

Don't know. I'm scared of a serious topic being made fun of I guess.

But I'm also tempted to somehow work my comment back into the joke. So let me say, as amother AIR FORCE, to myself as amother NAVY

"you doubter! It was you who held up moshiach by your fears and doubts! The gematria of amalek and the gematria of fear are the same. Moshiach would have walked through that door in 2010 if not for you. Shame on you!".

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 4:50 pm
mandksima wrote:
Anyone read the book 2020 Vision by Roy Newberger? He wrote a hypothetical story of the end of days with moshaich coming in a certain way and the saga of everyone getting to Israel. Since reading that it's the only scenario that pops into my head! It was so real when I was reading it.

This is something I imagine on a daily basis but I'm not up for playing now.

If your aim with this thread is to get people excited with him coming as a current reality, then great! I hope people don't bring sarcasm into this so it doesn't get mocked.

All jokes aside, if it were to happen now, it would probably a combination of life as we know it with players that are currently pulling the earthly strings, and the Heavenly miracle of the final redemption.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 4:57 pm
Oooh I can dance.
My aches and pains went away

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:10 pm
Finally going to Israel! Couldn't afford the fare till now... so I can make my son's upshernish and daughters wedding there with all of you attending. ..T's my dream!
I'll have 6 babies at once, my kids say (they discussed it in Yeshivah)!!! How exciting and lovely...

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:12 pm
amother wrote:
Finally going to Israel! Couldn't afford the fare till now... so I can make my son's upshernish and daughters wedding there with all of you attending. ..T's my dream!
I'll have 6 babies at once, my kids say (they discussed it in Yeshivah)!!! How exciting and lovely...

I'll dance to that

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:16 pm
InnerMe wrote:

What happened to the eagle?? I was so looking forward to that ride!"

Rolling Laughter

On a more serious note though: do you think they've lied to us about the eagle? And if they lied about the eagle could it be they lied about other things as well.....???????

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:20 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Tweet from Trump:
"It was me. Only me! I brought the Messiah to the Jews! Imagine Hillary! The Jews would be stuck here until the end of time. Unbelievable!"

Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter

mandksima

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:29 pm
amother wrote:
Rolling Laughter

On a more serious note though: do you think they've lied to us about the eagle? And if they lied about the eagle could it be they lied about other things as well.....???????

There is no "they" who lied to anyone. All of the prophesies are written in the Torah, Talmud and Zohar and some are alluded to and not expressively written out. Some contradict and depend on how holy we are at the time of geula. Wings of eagles can refer to planes or real huge birds. If we merit, we will get to EY easily like as on wings of eagles, that would be only a metaphor.

There are lots of different scenarios because our teshuva and therefore our merit could be on different levels.

Everything Hashem will do will be only for us and to bring an awesome redemption. There are lots of warnings for us to do proper teshuva before our geula in order that it should be sweetened and not difficult for us in any way.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:35 pm
True story. One spring day, my 5yo DD came running into the living room yelling "Moshiach is here!" I asked her why she thought that was true, and she said "I heard the shofar!" (We had been reading the children's book "The Sweetest Call of All".

We went to the back door, opened it, and DD says "The air smells really special!" The roses, jasmine, and honeysuckle were in full bloom, with an undertone of fresh pine trees, but there was nothing "extra ordinariy" about it. Then she said "Hear the music?" It was the next door neighbor practicing his clarinet, and he was really good!

I told her that all of those signs were really close to what it will problaby be like, but there are other signs as well. I said "Do you see grandma?" and she looked around and said no. (This was before we made Aliyah) and I said "are we in Jerusalem?", again she said no.

She started to look sad, so we talked about all the wonderful sounds and smells we experienced, and how much MORE exciting and wonderful it will be when Moshiach finally does come, and she can hug grandma again. I also told her that we don't know exactly what it's going to be like, but it's supposed to be a very good thing for us, and we should spend every day hoping for it.

It was a very sweet experience, and made me realize that all of the good things we experience in life are just a taste of what is to come.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 5:41 pm
Won't there be a shofar blowing? I don't think we will need to find out through social media and what's app. That shofar will be an alarm ringing. Something we have never heard before. At that point I just picture pandemonium.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 6:51 pm
I've recently read in a few places that there will be a lot of natural stuff leading up to Moshiach, think in poli sci terms. Like more and more countries endorsing Israel's existence, I'm not sure what else.
I think we're still in a situation where Moshiach can be announced any day.
If Canfei Nesharim Airlines turns out to be a subsidiary of El Al and not literal, I can handle that.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:12 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
I've recently read in a few places that there will be a lot of natural stuff leading up to Moshiach, think in poli sci terms. Like more and more countries endorsing Israel's existence, I'm not sure what else.
If Canfei Nesharim Airlines turns out to be a subsidiary of El Al and not literal, I can handle that.

That's why I made my shpiel so political; I really think it will be like that.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:14 pm
mandksima wrote:
Anyone read the book 2020 Vision by Roy Newberger? He wrote a hypothetical story of the end of days with moshaich coming in a certain way and the saga of everyone getting to Israel. Since reading that it's the only scenario that pops into my head! It was so real when I was reading it.

This is something I imagine on a daily basis but I'm not up for playing now.

If your aim with this thread is to get people excited with him coming as a current reality, then great! I hope people don't bring sarcasm into this so it doesn't get mocked.

Chas Veshalom, I hope my posts are not coming across as mocking.
It was just that someone mentioned on the Rubashkin thread that this gives us an inkling on how it will look when Mashiach comes. That got my gears grinding. And in my mind's eye I was thinking how funny it will be if stuff will go 'round on the internet. And it made me smile...imagining all those wild scenarios, with people asking all sorts of random and weird stuff, and that it will be chaos on the web.

I don't know how it will be. But I'd imagine that everyone will know in a second, NOT via social media. How? I cannot fathom... May He speedily come in our days. We need him oh so badly. Let him get us out of this galus and bring us into the light of the shechina. It's a joy and peace that I cannot wrap my ahead around.

But I see where you are coming from.
You're saying perhaps this should not be spoken about in such a light hearted way?

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:17 pm
amother wrote:
Don't know. I'm scared of a serious topic being made fun of I guess.

But I'm also tempted to somehow work my comment back into the joke. So let me say, as amother AIR FORCE, to myself as amother NAVY

"you doubter! It was you who held up moshiach by your fears and doubts! The gematria of amalek and the gematria of fear are the same. Moshiach would have walked through that door in 2010 if not for you. Shame on you!".

I don't really think it's making fun. But I understand your perspective. Thanks for explaining.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:20 pm
PinkFridge wrote:

Rolling Laughter

crust

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:46 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I don't really think it's making fun. But I understand your perspective. Thanks for explaining.

I also didn't think it was making fun. If anything, it was just the opposite.

This thread made me think; how much has my vision about moshiach matured over the years? Do I still have the same vision I had as a 6 year old? Picking things off trees etc.

I was shocked to realise how little thought I actually give to it. embarrassed
Hence my feeling that I will be utterly frozen if it happens this second.
I must think about this tonight.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 7:49 pm
crust wrote:
I also didn't think it was making fun. If anything, it was just the opposite.

This thread made me think; how much has my vision about moshiach matured over the years? Do I still have the same vision I had as a 6 year old? Picking things off trees etc.

I was shocked to realise how little thought I actually give to it. embarrassed
Hence my feeling that I will be utterly frozen if it happens this second.
I must think about this tonight.

ok so where is the cholent recipe: Wink

kjb

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:00 pm
Southern Bubby: “the non-Jewish ladies will be peeling the potatoes” ? 😕

southernbubby

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:08 pm
kjb wrote:
Southern Bubby: “the non-Jewish ladies will be peeling the potatoes” ? 😕

they will get paid really well so they will be happy to do it, same as the uber drivers

crust

Post Tue, Dec 26 2017, 9:27 pm
southernbubby wrote:
ok so where is the cholent recipe: Wink

To be announced. LOL
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics