Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Pesach cleaning a breeze... ez peezy & fun!!! Fun??? Yup!
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:41 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
I find it works really great on baseboards and moldings. Is your machine defective? Or are you holding the nozzle too far away? The steam gets cold relatively quickly, which is one of the reasons I like this so much as it feels relatively safe for that reason. To clarify, the temperature at the tip can be 240 degrees, but even 10 inches away from the nozzle the steam will be cool enough to touch. This makes me feel safer, but you do have to hold the nozzle closer to the item you want to clean...

Does this help?

I did put it very close. I don't think my machine is defective as it looks like it is working right (like in the demo videos). I don't think it's a temperature issue, just not the type of pressure that moved dust.

Can you please describe how you use it on your baseboards?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:46 am
amother wrote:
I did put it very close. I don't think my machine is defective as it looks like it is working right (like in the demo videos). I don't think it's a temperature issue, just not the type of pressure that moved dust.

Can you please describe how you use it on your baseboards?

So there are different machines, maybe each one works differently. But I think they all should have pressure. Mine definitely has pressure... it definitely moves the dirt off. I'm not sure why your machine is not doing that... maybe you need to let out the water that builds up in the nozzle? Does it work better after a minute?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:49 am
Do you have the handheld machine, or the larger one? I don't have the handheld steam cleaner, I have the bigger machine. I don't have any idea if the handheld one works or not....

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:52 am
I have the larger one. I spritz out the water first until steam builds up. I'm getting plenty of steam, just not powerful steam. No movement of dirt....

I really appreciate you taking the time to answer!

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:57 am
I'm really not sure....

Different machines reach different temperatures, some are more powerful than others. Even if it doesn't blast away the dirt, it is still loosening the dirt, and should then be easier to just wipe off.

I have owned different machines at different times in my life, and to be honest, I actually find this kind to work pretty well. I used to have a machine that would blast dirt across the room, sounds like fun, but then you have to clean up the mess...

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 12:58 am
Also, are you waiting until the machine is "ready"?

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 1:46 am
I just did some really quick research.... one reviewer mentioned that if you overfill it you will lose pressure. Not sure if this might be your issue.

Second, there are MANY different steam cleaners, and I'm sure they are at very different levels, some may have more pressure than others.... I'm not sure which model you bought.

I'm certainly not selling anything so I have no skin in the game, but I do feel bad if my recommendation was less than helpful....

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, Jan 21 2018, 8:59 pm
Thanks! I really appreciate your responses. Don't worry Im not holding anyone responsible for the recommendation. I had wanted to try steam cleaning for a while.

Just putting my experience here for others who are considering purchasing. I tried it a bit more today. Still not doing what I wanted out of it....

Bh, Amazon will take it back.

imasinger

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 7:41 am
Guess what? While I was cleaning and organizing, I found one of these machines on a high shelf, must have been sitting there for years! (DH is the type to buy all kinds of gadgets and stick them somewhere, which is WHY I need to start cleaning on the early side.). I'm hoping to try it out this week.

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:08 am
Any chance a steam machine counts as kashering counters?

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:16 am
I just wanted to add that there are many different types and price levels of steam cleaners. A more expensive one will shoot dirt across the room, a cheaper one will act more like a previous poster described - lifts the dirt but does not move it.

If you are willing to spend 400 dollars and up - those machines are a lot of fun. They work a little better than the cheaper ones, but not so much better that the extra money is worth it, IMHO. But your opinion may differ.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:40 am
If someone here has personal experience with a more expensive one that shoots away the dirt like I am looking for, please post a link.

Thanks!

Raw

Post Mon, Jan 22 2018, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
Any chance a steam machine counts as kashering counters?

I use mine for kashering counters. You need to have the model that has continuous steam (the CRC website recommends models).

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Feb 04 2018, 6:39 pm
Raw wrote:
I use mine for kashering counters. You need to have the model that has continuous steam (the CRC website recommends models).

Could you tell me where to find this on their website? I looked but didn't find it. Thanks.

Another mom

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:32 pm
Cost us over 800 Sh in Israel

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! I really appreciate your responses. Don't worry Im not holding anyone responsible for the recommendation. I had wanted to try steam cleaning for a while.

Just putting my experience here for others who are considering purchasing. I tried it a bit more today. Still not doing what I wanted out of it....

Bh, Amazon will take it back.

Did you return yours yet? I just tried to request a return and they said it needs special attention and I had to email them. I'm nervous it won't go through. Mine's all assembled and I only used it a couple times but it looks used.

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 11:58 pm
amother wrote:
Did you return yours yet? I just tried to request a return and they said it needs special attention and I had to email them. I'm nervous it won't go through. Mine's all assembled and I only used it a couple times but it looks used.

Yes. Bh they took it no problem.

amother
Seagreen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 10:14 pm
amother wrote:
Yes. Bh they took it no problem.

Ok, they responded that they'll take it back but I have to pay $25 for shipping. Bummer because I thought I had free return shipping but ok, I lost $25 on trying this out. Lesson learned.

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 11:34 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, they responded that they'll take it back but I have to pay $25 for shipping. Bummer because I thought I had free return shipping but ok, I lost $25 on trying this out. Lesson learned.

Sorry about that.... mine was free return

mom2u

Post Fri, Feb 09 2018, 12:17 am
I used it on my bathroom floor tiles and it broke the grout away. Did anyone have such experience with it?
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics