Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Which stores will occupy the empty stores on 13th ave, BP?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:46 pm
amother wrote:
Wonderland closed quite a few months ago.

Toys 2 discover was supposed to go there but he bought eichlers instead.

Tweety- yes they closed this week!
What an end to an era!

Where is Eichlers going?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:47 pm
Quote:
it sounds like we are from the same generation. I remember when girls in my class got clothes there and I knew that my mother would never spend that kind of money. even when I had my kids I couldnt afford their prices.

My mother used to only buy on sale there.

Quote:
but this is shocking to me they closed, never thouoght they would. why?

I guess the younger crowd likes the more chic, trendy (ugly Wink) clothing better.
Wonderland had such nice decent clothing.

Quote:
I also remember when m&m shoe store closed where toys for you is and I remember the relief and satisfaction. shock I know but the salesman/owner was such a nasty haughty person. I cringed every time I wanted to go in to look. I knew I wasnt buying anything. I felt so uncomfortable there. abd I knew it was for people who could afford it.

Wasnt Mildred's in that location?

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:49 pm
lol im laughing so hard. you have such a good memory. ahhhh mildreds. remind me what they sold my brain is rusty. this is hysterical. did they sell household items? oh my gosh, this is soooo funny. I never thought I would find someone here from those times. this is just so funny

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:52 pm
eithlers isnt going anywhere for now. it just changed owners. yonason schwartz bought it. I wonder though why the owner of eichlers sold it. was such a good going business.

bp is changing very quickly. in just 3 years im losing on seeing the changes. when I come I will not recongnize it. I was just recently in bp and didnt realize wonderland closed as it was night time. ok, can anyone who knows of any changes in bp post here? would love to know the changes. I miss bp because I was born and raised and lived there for many years.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:54 pm
doodlesmom wrote:
Talk about stores that were around, I was just walking down the avenue and one of the stores that are currently being renovated removed the sign over the storefront and beneath it you can now see an old sign of a kosher butcher that must've been there like 50 years ago. I found it extremely interesting and was wondering what's going on beneath the rest of the signs on the avenue.

Yes! I just noticed that last week. I had the same thoughts!

Who remembers when Telco used to be on 13? And Kosher Delight? I feel old. Lol.

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:58 pm
yes yes yes, telco, and koshher delight I still talk about their chicken box and burgers and I loved that place. oh my such memories..... where has all this gone? oh gosh. I remember we used to shop household stuff there. why dooesnt kosher delight open again in another store? why did they just shut down? I know the rent is sky high. no other location? annoying. oh well. and their egg rolls, my gosh I loved them.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:58 pm
Rent on 13 is ridiculously high. I don't know how any store can afford it. I see an accessory shop where Ben Barber used to be by 48 and 13 and always wonder, "how many $10 necklaces do they need to sell to be able to pay rent?!".

I see Linick's toy store is still around. Pretty iconic store. I also wonder about them, how do they still have business with all the latest fancy toy stores that opened up...

amother
Ruby

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:59 pm
Wat about Joyce Leslie...who remembers that store?

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:
lol im laughing so hard. you have such a good memory. ahhhh mildreds. remind me what they sold my brain is rusty. this is hysterical. did they sell household items? oh my gosh, this is soooo funny. I never thought I would find someone here from those times. this is just so funny

Bed and bath.
When my daughter was a kalla, and we were in BP shopping, I was so upset that there was no Mildreds, no G& Sons, I mean where do people shop for these things, only by the expensive Greens?

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:00 pm
amother wrote:
Wat about Joyce Leslie...who remembers that store?

I do, but vaguely!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:01 pm
anyone remembers the old friedmans grocery? when he was small? gave good service and great prices.

anyonen wants to remind us of the old stores. my mind is rusty.

asmileaday

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:01 pm
amother wrote:
yes yes yes, telco, and koshher delight I still talk about their chicken box and burgers and I loved that place. oh my such memories..... where has all this gone? oh gosh. I remember we used to shop household stuff there. why dooesnt kosher delight open again in another store? why did they just shut down? I know the rent is sky high. no other location? annoying. oh well. and their egg rolls, my gosh I loved them.

Kosher Delight had 2 more locations but none of them made chicken and broccoli and fried rice like the 46th street one did!

amother
Slategray

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:03 pm
oh G& sons. my brother used to make fun of the name, so were yiddish speaking and he used to call it g mit dee kinder. never mind if you dont know yiddish. oh so annoying when they closed and when they transfered owners was never the same. my oh my my memory is so bad. keep on coming. I remember being scared to walk on new utrecht. its so eary there. as I grew up I got less scared.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:04 pm
Meal Mart on 13/47 closed their doors as well. They were open for like a half a century.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:07 pm
Ok, do you remember the Shmatte Lady?! (you said you couldnt afford wonderland so....)

happy12

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 3:55 pm
Linicks has a great selection of sporting goods for those of us who let our children play sports.

R3D

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:07 pm
Queen Esther closed its doors last wednesday. I hear a food store is coming there. and abt. Linick's they own the building so not paying rent...and I think they're also some kind of place that you can pay your bills. not sure what thats called.

sweetdimples

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:11 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Rent on 13 is ridiculously high. I don't know how any store can afford it. I see an accessory shop where Ben Barber used to be by 48 and 13 and always wonder, "how many $10 necklaces do they need to sell to be able to pay rent?!".

I see Linick's toy store is still around. Pretty iconic store. I also wonder about them, how do they still have business with all the latest fancy toy stores that opened up...

The guy at linicks owns quite a few buildings on 13th (or so I hear)

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:14 pm
flowerpower wrote:
Meal Mart on 13/47 closed their doors as well. They were open for like a half a century.

Oh boy, the only KLP takeout place in BP! I remember my sister used to buy food for traveling out of town for pesach, since she'd clean the car for pesach before she left.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 10 2018, 4:16 pm
M&M was actually on the corner before it moved to where toys 4 u was. So it had 2 locations.
And toys 4 u is on its second location.
Anyone remember the 99 cents stores?
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries