Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Removing tonsils
Previous  1  2

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:24 am
hello321 wrote:
Imotherthenamother
Can u please tell me which mishpacha so I can try to get Tysm

she probably uses this

https://www.koshervitamins.com.....blets

imorethanamother

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:29 am
hello321 wrote:
Imotherthenamother
Can u please tell me which mishpacha so I can try to get Tysm

I'm so sorry I don't know. Maybe email the editor?

Just a quick google search yielded this:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/p.....6470/

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 12:33 am
imorethanamother wrote:

supports my google research above :-)

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 1:56 am
I had to remove tonsils and adenoids for two of my kids. One was for severe sleep apnea and the other was for recurrent strep that didn't go away for a year straight! Both times they recovered very quickly bh and I didn't look back. The sleep apnea one scored perfectly on his follow up sleep study and the one with the strep didn't have strep in over s year now bh. He actually had the strep living in his adenoids but the dr chose to remove the tonsils too to prevent further trouble.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 3:19 am
imorethanamother wrote:

Oooh, thanks for the link! I am seriously going to try this. I have sinus problems, and this might actually help with bad breath, etc.

Teomima

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 4:56 am
I would do it. I didn't get strep a lot as a kid, but as an adult I get it so badly, I've ended up in the hospital multiple times. I would get my tonsils out in a second to avoid that happening yet again, but organizing such a procedure when I don't have enough help with kids isn't possible right now. Had I had them out as a child, it would have made my adult life SO much easier. Keep the long term benefits for your daughter in mind.

hello321

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 7:40 am
Does anyone have a downside to removing the tonsils

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:29 pm
Op I literally am having the same thing with my nine year old right now. She has also gotten strep probably about 7 or 8 times this year. Her Dr. thinks she will need her tonsils out and recommended an ENT. He said however here are a few things to do, as she needs a real boost to the immune system. Probiotics, vitamin C and D, a lot of sleep and putting bactroban in her nose twice a day. He still thinks she will need them out though.
She really does not want them out, so she is highly motivated to do what he said. Even going to sleep at 7!!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:05 pm
I have two kids who had their tonsils out. One had it for recurrent infections. My ENT offered me the choice of a month of antibiotics or surgery. I don’t believe in gluten or sugar making a difference in tonsil size and this was the right choice for us. My daughter stopped being constantly sick- her tonsils and adenoids were enormous and my ENT was shocked it wasn’t worse once he actually saw them out. My second child had her tonsils out as a toddler for obstructive sleep apnea- she couldn’t breathe, she didn’t grow, and she didn’t get enough sleep because of it. My ENT was very cautious and didn’t jump to do surgery, but we scheduled it right away when he said she looked too bad to let it go any further. I’m sure you will figure out what is the right path for you. Hatzlacha.

MrsDash

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 1:30 am
I had mine out when I was a child because of the recurring strep and having overgrown, huge “kissing” tonsils. I remember it well, even though it’s been almost 30 years! —The pain wasn’t so bad, I lived on ice cream for a while, which I definitely had no objection to, and I got a barbie doll.

I still got strep quite often as a kid, but I haven’t had it in well over a decade. (I’m around it a LOT, with the kiddos, and husband getting it every couple months, with sharing drinks and food, snuggling, etc. and still have yet to get it.)

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 2:06 am
hello321 wrote:
Does anyone have a downside to removing the tonsils

I can't think of one.

If a highly qualified ENT says that you have a chronically infected body part that is consistently making you sick, you should get it removed. If you're still nervous, go for second and third opinions.

You wouldn't let an appendix just keep getting worse and worse, and I see this the same way. If it's healthy leave it in, but once it starts causing serious trouble, YANK IT OUT! Very Happy

If it helps, this is coming from a very crunchy granola mommy, who never let DD have processed sugar for the first 5 years of her life. When her school started sending home sweets, I had a fit.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 10:45 am
Can you share a name of good ENT in NY?

hello321

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 12:16 pm
It does help crunchy granola mom
Im more naturally inclined but not super crunchy lol
But I just want to make sure it’s the right thing to do before we do it
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics