Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
EMERGENCY! Recipe for salt water please?
  Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next

amother
Almond

Post Fri, Apr 01 2022, 1:24 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Is there a low sodium version for this recipe?

watch your salt intake for 48 hours before. Simple. Smile

GLUE

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 12:26 am
Thank you so much for this information,

You see my grocer has just told me, due to supply chains The Mahdrin min Hmahdrin min Hmahdrin glatt kosher Cholov Yisrel salt water and ground up Moror will not be coming this year. OH VEY!!!

Fortunately, Imamother to the rescue!!!!!

I just have a few questions that I hope the Choshov ladies can answer:

1-Can I use the salt water tears from grinding up the Moror, or you can't mix two Simonim from the Seder?

2-Can you use the same grinder for Moror as the one you use to grind up the nuts in Charoses, we are very Makbid to make every thing for Charoses by hand?

3-Are you allowed to use an electric grinder for Moror or every thing must be by hand?( We do use an electric grinder for our nuts)

Please Please help me make a Mahdrin Min Hmahdrin Sedor

amother
Pewter

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 1:42 am
GLUE wrote:
Thank you so much for this information,

You see my grocer has just told me, due to supply chains The Mahdrin min Hmahdrin min Hmahdrin glatt kosher Cholov Yisrel salt water and ground up Moror will not be coming this year. OH VEY!!!

Fortunately, Imamother to the rescue!!!!!

I just have a few questions that I hope the Choshov ladies can answer:

1-Can I use the salt water tears from grinding up the Moror, or you can't mix two Simonim from the Seder?

2-Can you use the same grinder for Moror as the one you use to grind up the nuts in Charoses, we are very Makbid to make every thing for Charoses by hand?

3-Are you allowed to use an electric grinder for Moror or every thing must be by hand?( We do use an electric grinder for our nuts)

Please Please help me make a Mahdrin Min Hmahdrin Sedor

First of all, I noticed that you're not makpid on Yashan for your saltwater, and you also didn't specify where the salt originates. (True Mehadrin Min Hamehadrin saltwater only uses salt that is mined in Mitzrayim, that the tears should come from those who caused the tears.) Honestly I think this supply chain issue is a sign from Hashem that you should be more careful in the future about only Yashan saltwater.

Second of all, pre-ground Maror is a major kulah and I'm surprised that someone with so many saltwater stringencies would even CONSIDER it. Everyone knows that Maror weakens in intensity the longer it sits. Those that truly care about Maror will never prepare it before Erev Pesach at the earliest, and the more Makpid wait until after Plag Hamincha.

As for your actual questions.

1 - Some consider the maror-grinding tears to be more mehudar, because the tears are actually connected to pain of Golus Mitzrayim. Tears of a teenager who discovered that her parents didn't purchase as much KLP chocolate as last year, or who had a growth spurt and her new Pesach dress no longer fits properly, are obviously bedieved. Tears of an overwhelmed mother who has to clean the dining room a third time due to children not following rules about eating on the porch are considered by many to be even a higher madreigah, because she is experiencing the tzaar of Golus Mitzrayim.

2 - Charoses is red like blood, which comes from meat, which is fleishig. Maror is linked by its color to milk, which is milchig. Because of a cheshash of Basar B'chalav, it is best not to use the same grinder. Some are matir when kashering with a blowtorch in between. (Note that of course I am referring to a hand grinder or grater, see next answer for more details.)

3 - It is permissible to use an electric grinder for Maror, but it is far from Lechatchilah. One cannot compare the tears when eating Maror that was ground by a machine, to Maror which you cried over before and now will cry over again. By the same token, had the Mitzriyim allowed the Jews to use food processors to make the bricks, they would have been a lot less likely to be annoyed about collecting straw. Using a machine to make the brick-reminders for Pesach cheapens the labor of our ancestors.

Your efforts towards a more Mehudar Pesach are commendable, and I hope more women will learn from you.

happytobemom

Post Mon, Apr 04 2022, 1:46 am
amother [ Pewter ] wrote:
Tears of an overwhelmed mother who has to clean the dining room a third time due to children not following rules about eating on the porch are considered by many to be even a higher madreigah, because she is experiencing the tzaar of Golus Mitzrayim.

LOL LOL LOL

Goldie613

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:12 pm
Since everyone (and all the grocery stores) start talking about Pesach as soon as Purim is done, I thought I'd bump this up yet again this year to add to everyone's enjoyment :-D

---> with apologies to anyone still celebrating Shushan Purim, of course ;-)

So tell me ladies, did anyone save their salt water from last year? Because while we do save some things from one year to the next, I do admit I've never tried saving that one! LOL

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 5:20 pm
Goldie613 wrote:
Since everyone (and all the grocery stores) start talking about Pesach as soon as Purim is done, I thought I'd bump this up yet again this year to add to everyone's enjoyment :-D

---> with apologies to anyone still celebrating Shushan Purim, of course ;-)

So tell me ladies, did anyone save their salt water from last year? Because while we do save some things from one year to the next, I do admit I've never tried saving that one! LOL

No. The only thing I saved is boiled water for the eggs. I wrapped it in triple silver paper and put it in double wrapped bags on a separate shelf in my freezer.

Now I don't have to boil the water before cooking the eggs.
It's boiled.
It's done.

I'm on a roll this year because having this checked off my list takes so much pressure off it almost feels like I dont have anything else to do!!

Yay!

๐Ÿ’ƒ

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:44 pm
amother Milk wrote:
No. The only thing I saved is boiled water for the eggs. I wrapped it in triple silver paper and put it in double wrapped bags on a separate shelf in my freezer.

It's boiled.
It's done.

I'm on a roll this year because having this checked off my list takes so much pressure off it almost feels like I dont have anything else to do!!

Yay!

๐Ÿ’ƒ

?ืื™ืŸ ื‘ื™ืฉื•ืœ ืื—ืจ ื‘ื™ืฉื•ืœ

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 6:45 pm
(I hard boil eggs without preheating the water so no need to save yours next year ๐Ÿ˜‚ )

amother
Milk

Post Wed, Mar 08 2023, 7:03 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
(I hard boil eggs without preheating the water so no need to save yours next year ๐Ÿ˜‚ )

I donโ€™t think you understand these amazing life hacks. Too bad.

I like to start from the ground up so I already did all my floors for pesach. Bh. Done.

Now I am only left with the minor things like furniture beds walls windows cabinets etc and shopping and cooking.
Small stuff.

Main thing is.
โœ”Floors done.
โœ”Water boiled.

I'll try to share more hacks as I go along.

Goldie613

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 12:04 am
amother Milk wrote:

It's boiled.
It's done.

Yay!

๐Ÿ’ƒ

That's such an interesting idea! And here I was wondering if I should have dehydrated my salt water after Pesach last year to preserve it for this year Rolling Laughter

amother
Papayawhip

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 1:47 pm
Heh, just to add a little tangent...

I use pink (Himalayan) salt but I have a married son who is for some reason highly opposed to it. So he goes to my Pesach closet (Key is on top, it's just one of those little universal keys) and takes out the Kosher salt when he comes.

So I do have to buy fresh every year. How ironic.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 3:26 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

๐Ÿ’ก !!!!!!!!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Mar 10 2023, 3:27 pm
amother Milk wrote:
I donโ€™t think you understand these amazing life hacks. Too bad.

I like to start from the ground up so I already did all my floors for pesach. Bh. Done.

Now I am only left with the minor things like furniture beds walls windows cabinets etc and shopping and cooking.
Small stuff.

Main thing is.
โœ”Floors done.
โœ”Water boiled.

I'll try to share more hacks as I go along.

๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 5:37 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Will it work with green Himalayan salt? We're makpid not to be gender-biased on Pesach and pink is associated with females

I would like to know this too. DH learned that pink food is assur as it leads to bad middos in male offspring. DH is makpid that pink salt cannot Cโ€V Shalom enter the house.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 8:14 pm
Last year I had a brainwave. After cleaning for Pesach, I wiped down all the surfaces a second time, having in mind that it was for the coming year. So my house has been Pesach-cleaned all year! Such a relief. Now I can spend my time tweaking my Ultimate saltwater recipe (still testing the proportions of grey, green, white and pink salt to see what's the best).

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 9:03 pm
I just want to say that I am so impressed with this 30 29 28 27 26 days before the chag conversation.

amother
Pewter

Post Sat, Mar 11 2023, 11:00 pm
I just want to mention that after about 450 failed recipe attempts, I'm closer to getting the ultimate ratio!

AND, it turns out that saltwater is an excellent cleanser for most household surfaces, so none of my previous efforts are going to waste, and what could be more appropriate than having a tear-like substance used to elevate my whole home to Pesach level, transforming the tears to the joy of Yom Tov?

#notbragging

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 12:28 am
Just soaked in an Epsom salt bath which sparked an idea for my karpas salt water. Sorry not sharing. Dancing nananana

Goldie613

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:27 am
amother Indigo wrote:
Just soaked in an Epsom salt bath which sparked an idea for my karpas salt water. Sorry not sharing. Dancing nananana

Wait, wait, wait - are you using the salt from the bath or using fresh epsom salt??? Because if you cried while in the bath that would be using two kinds of salt for your salt water - or is that intentional, with you having in mind that there's one kind of salt for each time we dip (shtei paamim) by the seder?

Of course, if this was the old days and you were doing that, you'd have to find out if you'd need to pesachdik your tub first, as it probably would have been holding the (fresh/live) fish week to week for the shabbos gefilte fish...unless they had a pesachdika tub back then for that purpose? Confused What Help Dont know

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Mar 12 2023, 1:35 am
@Goldie613 I see you are very astute!
๐Ÿ‘
Page 12 of 14   Previous  1  2  3 11 12  13  14  Next Recent Topics