Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Post your dinner menu for this week
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 7:10 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
I really thought that dairy on Thursday night was something we could all agree on Wink

I guess not!

Thursday night is no cook night. It can be hot dogs, a cheese salad with crusty bread...

SuperWify

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 7:18 pm
My schedule is always Monday a chicken, Tuesday- dairy, Wednesday- stew or meatballs, Thursday- bbq (burgers/hotdogs) and soup from shabbos

Sunday we had a party
Monday- leftover fish, fried schnitzel, mashed potatoes
Tuesday- mini pizzas and lemony broccoli
Wednesday- Meat Stew with veggies
Thursday- eating out for DHs birthday

DREAMING

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 7:47 pm
Sunday - leftovers
Monday - schnitzel and mashed potatoes, veg. Soup
Tuesday - veg soup, chicken & rice
Wednesday - not sure yet!!
Thursday - flounder and French fries

Beingreal

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 7:55 pm
You guys are getting me thinking about meatballs for weds!

amother
Blush

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 8:11 pm
Sunday - leftover cholent
Monday - chicken with rice & potatoes, veg soup
Tuesday - kids and dh had frozen pizza and french fries, I had leftover dinner from yesterday

Haven't yet thought about tomorrow or the rest of the week.

Woman of Valor

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 8:19 pm
so far:
broccoli soup with crackers, shabbos leftovers
apricot chicken and mashed potatoes
deli salad, hash browns
homemade pizza

I try to have each week (in no specific order) meat, chicken, fish, dairy, parve

last week we had (among other things, this is what I remember)
overnight potato kugel with meat
baked sole fish and sweet potato
mac n cheese

Batyah85

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 8:38 pm
sun: shabbos leftovers
mon: sweet and sour meatballs, broiled zucchini, and pasta
tues: tuna patties, brown rice, baby tomatoes (was suppose to be broccoli but no time to check today)
wens: pretzel chicken, french fries, steamed broccoli (and for my husband and I butternut squash soup too if I have time to make)
thurs: home made pizza and some sort of vegetable

pesek zman

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 8:41 pm
amother wrote:
question for poster who serves chicken every night- how do you differentiate shabbos- always wondered?

Me? We don't have chicken every night, every week. Then again, we don't have chicken every Friday night either

abaker

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 9:21 pm
icebreaker wrote:

Thursday: sheet pan beef and bean nachos

how do you make these?

curlyhead

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:23 am
Sun -chicken soup leftover pasta eggs
Mon -crockpot meat and potatoes
Tues -homemade pizza onion soup and zuchenni pizza bites
We'd -pita felafel
Thurs -don't know yet

creditcards

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 12:53 am
smileyfaces wrote:
I usually serve homemade pizza and frozen fries with a fresh salad or leftover soup.
It’s 5 minutes to prep and everyone loves it.

What do you mean by homemade pizza? Do you make the dough yourself? How does it take 5 minutes?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 5:24 am
so I tried the homemade pizza last wk thurs eve as a change from mac and cheese. was such a pain. put up the dough before carpool. then had to contstantly roll and spread. made 4 pies. .my oven only takes 2 at a time. amd I needed fries in there. counter needed a good clean. defo wasnt easy. easier to make a chicken!
easy thurs eve: egg and fries. mac and cheese. baked potatoe and beans/tuna/cheese (whatever they eat). wraps.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 6:34 am
creditcards wrote:
What do you mean by homemade pizza? Do you make the dough yourself? How does it take 5 minutes?

I make homemade pizza all the time and it really is super fast. I use the Fleishman’s pizza yeast or the rapid rise yeast with the recipe thats on the back of their pizza yeast packet. You can get the recipe off their website also. It doesnt need time to rise. The dough comes together in 2 mins with just a wooden spoon. Another minute or two to knead it, and then just roll it out and plop it on a pizza pan with sauce and toppings. I double the recipe to make 2 large pizzas. It takes maybe 20 mins in the oven, but the actual prep time is very quick.

watergirl

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 6:35 am
amother wrote:
so I tried the homemade pizza last wk thurs eve as a change from mac and cheese. was such a pain. put up the dough before carpool. then had to contstantly roll and spread. made 4 pies. .my oven only takes 2 at a time. amd I needed fries in there. counter needed a good clean. defo wasnt easy. easier to make a chicken!
easy thurs eve: egg and fries. mac and cheese. baked potatoe and beans/tuna/cheese (whatever they eat). wraps.

See my post. Use rapid rise yeast, it wont need time to rise. and all you need is a bowl. counter stays clean.

SuperWify

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:22 am
amother wrote:

Why don’t you buy frozen pizza dough?

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 8:38 am
Sunday - Shabbas leftovers
Monday - bread, sunny-side up eggs, vegetable salad
Tuesday - chicken legs, potatoes, string beans --- all in one pan in oven! (This is usually my Thursday night supper, but I switched it this week because of Lag B'omer.)
Wednesday - salmon patties, rice spaghetti, creamed spinach
Thursday - grill in a park: burgers, corn on the cob, etc.

icebreaker

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 1:42 pm
abaker wrote:
how do you make these?

I just had the whole recipe posted but I stepped away from my computer and I guess I got logged out of Ima because when I tried to reply, it sent me to the log-in page and I lost it Sad I will repost it when I get home!

mha3484

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 1:46 pm
Sunday- Grocery Store night (they cook fish or meat for you at no extra price)
Monday- Pizza
Tuesday- Lemon Garlic pasta with peas
Wednesday- Teriyaki Beef with zoodles
Thurs- Fish stick Tacos

creditcards

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 1:47 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Why don’t you buy frozen pizza dough?

Why don't you use regular frozen pizza and warm it up?

creditcards

Post Wed, May 02 2018, 1:53 pm
watergirl wrote:
I make homemade pizza all the time and it really is super fast. I use the Fleishman’s pizza yeast or the rapid rise yeast with the recipe thats on the back of their pizza yeast packet. You can get the recipe off their website also. It doesnt need time to rise. The dough comes together in 2 mins with just a wooden spoon. Another minute or two to knead it, and then just roll it out and plop it on a pizza pan with sauce and toppings. I double the recipe to make 2 large pizzas. It takes maybe 20 mins in the oven, but the actual prep time is very quick.

What hechsher does the Fleishmans pizza yeast have?
Page 3 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen