Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Baby girl names, not too common, must go with Esther! Go!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

MyUsername

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 3:37 pm
Eliana Esther
Atara Esther
Talia Esther
Adina Esther
Shira Esther
Naama Esther
Avital Esther
Penina Esther

Isramom8

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 3:45 pm
Shira as the middle name

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 3:55 pm
Ilana Esther
Chaya esther

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 5:35 pm
I know an Esther Baila,Esther Malka, Ahava Esther, and a Shayna Esther. Afaik those aren't super common but beautiful names. I like Chaya Esther and Esther Kayla also.

Editing to add Amalia Esther

ProudMommy3

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 6:01 pm
Esther Shalva

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 6:48 pm
thanks so much for responding everyone!

amother
Fuchsia

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 6:57 pm
Yardena Esther
Ahava or Ahuva Esther
Ashira Esther
Rena Esther

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:00 pm
OP here.

Can anyone tell me a little about who Batsheva was, other than that she was the mother of Shlomo Hamelech? Also , I know a lot of people who give the name Batsheva to their 7th daughter! this is not my 7th daughter Smile does that matter? What does the name mean?

And who was Adina? where does the name come from and what does it mean?

TIA

amother
Cyan

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:13 pm
OP again

I just found this written in another thread. Does anyone know what on earth this poster meant by this? "the name Adina would not work as it has the potential to carry immodest traits"
what immodest traits, adn why?!

May

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:19 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.

Can anyone tell me a little about who Batsheva was, other than that she was the mother of Shlomo Hamelech? Also , I know a lot of people who give the name Batsheva to their 7th daughter! this is not my 7th daughter Smile does that matter? What does the name mean?

And who was Adina? where does the name come from and what does it mean?

TIA

Batsheva Esther was the name of Rebitzen Kanievsky. It's a beautiful name and has become pretty common (in certain circles) in the past 6 years since her petira.

Another option is Esther Tzivia.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:56 pm
amother wrote:
OP again

I just found this written in another thread. Does anyone know what on earth this poster meant by this? "the name Adina would not work as it has the potential to carry immodest traits"

Yes. That was weird. Adina means a gentle woman/ noble women. Supposedly the antithesis of being a tzanua, but Esther counter acts that name since it's essence means "hidden", which is tznius.
I'm due soon and I'm planning on naming after a relative who's name was Esther Yenta. The Hebrew name for Yenta is Adina and we planned on naming the baby Esther Adina . But yesterday I came up with the idea of Esther Basya. "The daughter of HaShem" . I was thinking of a nickname like Esther Bassi. We shall see. Haven't made up my mind. I first have to see if it'll be a girl!

amother
Copper

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 7:57 pm
Simcha Esther

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 8:02 pm
I know lots of Esther combos! These are all people I know. Many are called esti. Some just their second name , some go by Esther and some go by both names:
Esther Miriam
Esther Zelda
Esther gittel
Esther tziporah
Esther tova
Esther tzivia
Esther Rochel
Esther Leah
Esther Chaya
Esther Sara
Esther perel
Esther Hindy
Esther Nechama

I think I know one person who has Esther as the second name and she's Chaya Esther

And I am Esther ___ (one of the names listed above) I was called by both names and hated having two names sounded so official. Hated the name Esther and tried to have ppl call me only by my second name but it never caught on. Now there r ppl that call me only Esther at work and guess what? It grew on me! I actually really like the name Esther now!

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:39 pm
amother wrote:
OP again

I don't know about modesty per se, but in Yishayahu (47:8) Bavel is referred to as "Adina" and the description is meant to be derogatory. So some people don't like to use the name Adina.

Iymnok

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 2:23 am
My oldest is Batsheva.
She was the wife of Dovid Hamelech and mother of Shlomo Hamelech. She is one of the "eim hamalchus"
Others are Tamar and Rus.
There are some really beautiful things written about her and the name, but I couldn’t hear Dh at the kiddush!
Look in the Navi, the midrash probably has something.

jewwoman

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 4:39 am
Dalia esther
Chaya esther
Yehudis esther
Avigail esther
Faigy esther
Ruchama esther

amother
Mustard

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 5:44 am
Esther Golda

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 6:08 am
dinah ester
yochevet esther
esther shifra
shira esther
ayelet esther
rinah esther
tirtza esther
batsheva esther
menucha esther
tehilla esther

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 7:00 am
Polly-Esther Wink

(At least she'll be easily washable...)

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 7:00 am
I think I would recommend staying away from names that in with "a" for the middle name Esther. It would get slurred/combined: Sara Esther = Saresther, Leah Esther = Layesther.

Some suggestions that may have been mentioned, sorry:

Yehudis Esther
Chagit Esther
Naomi Esther
Rus Esther
Yocheved Esther
Miriam Esther. I know you mentioned that as being too common, but it's absolutely my favorite name and there are many nicknames.
Yael Esther
Avigayil Esther
Avital Esther
Batsheva Esther. I know I said not to end in "a" but how could I not include Rebbetzin Kanievsky's name?
Perel Esther
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names