Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Psychiatrist in Rockland County that takes Fidelis
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
WHAT HAPPENED IN THE SUMMER?

a prominent askan told my husband, and telling the community, to stay away from the center.
They did a new type of play therapy that's based on imagination, and drew conclusions in real life about the kid. The case was a special needs child playing with toys in the sand, and based how the kid positioned the toys, they concluded that she is being molested by a family member. The kid never said that, but it was an analization of her playing that led then there. they are not particularly trained in this therapy.
they called CPS stating the most horrible allegations, and twisted the trueth so that CPS should take the case and not drop it based on not enough accurate suspicion.
CPS came to the family home and kicked the father out in MIDDLE of the night. the next day CPS did an investigation , interviewed the little special needs kid and concluded that there is 100% no trueth to the assumed allegation, cleared the family, pressed no charges, father was allowed back home less than 24 hours after being kicked out.
apparently a complaint has been filed and they are being investigated.
the center is claiming that they had every right to call CPS.
but, who is looking for such trouble, and to go to ppl who are looking for reasons to call cps. they have not taken responsibility for their incompentancy and keep insisting they behaved correctly.
Maybe the askanim would handle it different if Daas was ready to own up, apologize, and put practice and training into place that this shouldn't happen again.

^ this is all I heard from a trusted askan. He was involved with the family in this story. Be Safe

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 12:31 pm
amother wrote:
I’m very happy there they did have a story but my husband spoke to all the main people from there they said they had no choose but needed to get cps involved parents made the hole Shabang about it to the news

yes this is exactly what they are saying. I guess you can also expect them to say this, in self defence. they are the ones working there, and subjective, as it is their bussiness at stake.
it's sad that this happened to the family, and the repercussions to them. it would be a lot wiser of them to take steps of improvement, trainings, more experienced professionals as supervisors, and show that to the community, to regain communities trust.

that's what most bussiness due when they make a mistake and want to keep customers coming.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:20 pm
Well, what if it was true and the family covered it up? If there’s no evidence and the girl was too afraid to admit it, there’s no real way for them to know. Is there??

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:32 pm
amother wrote:
Well, what if it was true and the family covered it up? If there’s no evidence and the girl was too afraid to admit it, there’s no real way for them to know. Is there??

you can speculate anything ...I guess
CPS has real ways to know, their professional investigators.
I don't beleive prominent rabbanim and askanim would advise against going without having done their own proper research.

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 1:42 pm
amother wrote:
you can speculate anything ...I guess
CPS has real ways to know, their professional investigators.
I don't beleive prominent rabbanim and askanim would advise against going without having done their own proper research.

Speaking from personal experience- there’s no definite way for CPS to know. Do you have any idea how many people get away with abuse where there’s no evidence? As professional, CPS might be able to detect better or find evidence where others wouldn’t recognize, but it would be naive to say that because CPS couldn’t determine it, that it’s not true.

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 27 2018, 9:40 pm
amother wrote:
Speaking from personal experience- there’s no definite way for CPS to know. Do you have any idea how many people get away with abuse where there’s no evidence? As professional, CPS might be able to detect better or find evidence where others wouldn’t recognize, but it would be naive to say that because CPS couldn’t determine it, that it’s not true.

your comment is naive... I must say. not sure what your point is either way.

only g-d knows 100% what is true.

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 12:06 am
amother wrote:
I’m very happy there they did have a story but my husband spoke to all the main people from there they said they had no choose but needed to get cps involved parents made the hole Shabang about it to the news

After reading all the posts and having heard from the “street” as well. Its surprising that you choose to side with the biased “main people” of DAAS rather than the findings of an independent highly professional CPS investigator.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of this unfortunate family and what DAAS put them thru rather than blaming the parents for making a shabang as you said

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Sep 28 2018, 2:15 am
amother wrote:
After reading all the posts and having heard from the “street” as well. Its surprising that you choose to side with the biased “main people” of DAAS rather than the findings of an independent highly professional CPS investigator.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of this unfortunate family and what DAAS put them thru rather than blaming the parents for making a shabang as you said

so well said. couldn't have said it better myself.

and from my understanding, it isn't the parents making the shabang, it is the askanim and Rabbis that are intimately involved. the story is deeply disturbing and they don't want this experience, baseless accusations, thrown out of the home, "guilty until proven innocent" etc. to happen to another fellow yid.

happens to be the family is very lucky that CPS investigated and cleared quickly. these things usually drag and put a family through gehenom until after many months of already blemishing the family, they decide they are innocent. but the damage, trauma, hurt, is done.
CPS must have been so super confident that there was absolutely zero basis, that they cleared the family so fast.

this is all my assumption

May none of us ever experience the pain and trauma this family went through. (CPS has the final say of where your kids will live, be braught up. it is scary)
May we all be gebenched with a happy New sweet year

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 2:34 pm
Hi. Does anyone have more information on this therapist who called the cps? Was recommended today to her

amother
Orchid

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 3:21 pm
The story doesn't make sense. CPS doesn't come in middle of the night to kick anyone out before they do an investigation. I don't think they ever come in middle of the night at all. There must be more to the story that we don't know. The frum community has a tendency to cover up abuse and try to blame others.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 4:17 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
since I'm looking into using this center can someone please fill me in if Daas is a good place to go to or not?

NP is a BAD idea. You want an MD for psychiatry. Really.

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 7:25 pm
I don’t know anything about DAAS or the story in question, but one thing to keep in mind when going to any clinic,

TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE matter! Especially in delicate matters relating to mental health. Free (I.e covered by insurance) doesn’t always equal good quality care. Please do your research well before selecting a clinician, find out the set-up for supervision, and the training and experience of the staff and supervisors.

New and young clinicians can be great, but supervision (for reflection and
Guidance) is critical.

And I agree with above poster, for psychiatric care, MD over NP (with apologies to all the NPs out there.)

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 7:46 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
NP is a BAD idea. You want an MD for psychiatry. Really.

And good luck finding them on Fidelis, they don't exist.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2021, 7:49 pm
My question why I bumped this thread is specifically to ask about rifka braunstein. Anyone have any idea about her?
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics