Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos Nachamu embarrassment!!!!!!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8

fleetwood

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 10:56 am
iyar wrote:
BadTichel,
I’m much more fun than a whale 🐳
And I can’t wait to get the first signed copy of your book!

Can you include a chapter on Jewish economics. How people with no jobs manage to survive and have fancy homes and cars....thanks

zaq

Post Thu, Aug 11 2022, 2:52 pm
amother [ Hosta ] wrote:
My husband and I met at a Shabbos Nachmu singles weekend many years ago.

WOWZA! A Nachamu Shabbaton success story! So do you do anything special every year to commemorate, like, IDK, recreating the menu at the Shabbaton or wearing the outfits you wore when you met?

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 12:42 am
Bumping this to say that we are getting closer to shidduchim stage LOL

amother
DarkCyan

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 2:23 am
amother Pink wrote:
Bumping this to say that we are getting closer to shidduchim stage LOL

LOL LOL LOL

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 2:47 am
Hi, me again!

amother
Chocolate

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 3:46 pm
It looks like the community is learning that us Shabbos- nachmi-stay-homers exist. I opened my local weekly ad book (big mistake, I know).
Apparently it's now ok to stay home, but I'm supposed to buy takeout, cheesecake, meatboards, a shaitel, new clothes and games for the kids, go to a concert on motzai Shabbos. Buy a gift for my husband and a designer bag for my future daughter in law.
I'm so thankful that there's now an acceptable way to celebrate this important day with appropriate gashmiyus and expenditure while still being able to maintain "I'm not going away for Shabbos because I'm not buying into that".
Such a beatific way to have my cake and eat it too.

amother
Stoneblue

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:26 pm
amother Chocolate wrote:
It looks like the community is learning that us Shabbos- nachmi-stay-homers exist. I opened my local weekly ad book (big mistake, I know).
Apparently it's now ok to stay home, but I'm supposed to buy takeout, cheesecake, meatboards, a shaitel, new clothes and games for the kids, go to a concert on motzai Shabbos. Buy a gift for my husband and a designer bag for my future daughter in law.
I'm so thankful that there's now an acceptable way to celebrate this important day with appropriate gashmiyus and expenditure while still being able to maintain "I'm not going away for Shabbos because I'm not buying into that".
Such a beatific way to have my cake and eat it too.

love the sarcasm, great prose. totally agree. I'm from the "young" ones that proudly stay home and make a regular shabbos and don't care. love it. go us!!!!

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:34 pm
If the city we are referring to is brooklyn and if you happen to be chasidush-there is no more going away for shabbos nachamu, not even a small Sunday day trip. (Most) Chasidush boys camps send home for Tisha bav and or shabbos. So in the city it is. ..and yes they all brought mom home a huge bag as gift (can you guess what's inside? Starts with an L) Very Happy Very Happy

BaltoMom65

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:37 pm
amother Pink wrote:
You will never believe it.... We are staying home for Shabbos Nachamu! Can you imagine the embarrassment? We will have to sleep in our own comfortable beds, eat our own delicious meals and spend time in our own cozy home with our own adorable family. Please don't tell anyone though, I'm worried it'll make us look bad for shidduchim and all...

But really, why is it that everyone feels the need to go away shabbos Nachamu? They are willing to shlep their entire house, drive a few hours with kvetchy kids, just to be in a who- knows -what- condition hotel, in uncomfortable beds, with the whole family in one cramped room all shabbos long, just to be able to say they did something?? There have been countless threads recently asking for ideas of where to go... Just curious what everyone's reasoning is?
I learn so much about frum life from this website and I'm FFB! And, what are Natives???

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 4:41 pm
Most people go away now cuz it's the summer and not the 3 weeks anymore so you can actually do things. Were not going away but it's like the most convenient time so makes sense

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 6:50 pm
BaltoMom65 wrote:
I learn so much about frum life from this website and I'm FFB! And, what are Natives???

Shoes.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=nat.....ua0_e

dena613

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:10 pm
So funny!!
As soon as I saw todays poll, I remembered this thread.

Oy vey, pink. You may have to forge hotel receipts for all past shabbos nachamus!!!

Baltimore mom (can't remember your username), this thread is mostly satire. At least in my world.

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:22 pm
amother Peach wrote:
..and yes they all brought mom home a huge bag as gift (can you guess what's inside? Starts with an L) Very Happy Very Happy

lokshen kugel?
lollypops?
limericks?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:27 pm
amother Peach wrote:
If the city we are referring to is brooklyn and if you happen to be chasidush-there is no more going away for shabbos nachamu, not even a small Sunday day trip. (Most) Chasidush boys camps send home for Tisha bav and or shabbos. So in the city it is. ..and yes they all brought mom home a huge bag as gift (can you guess what's inside? Starts with an L) Very Happy Very Happy

A smelly gift!

amother
Oleander

Post Wed, Jul 26 2023, 7:37 pm
zaq wrote:
lokshen kugel?
lollypops?
limericks?

Laundry- piles and piles of dirty smelly laundry that needs to be washed dried folded and packed before their return to camp.
Page 8 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 Recent Topics