Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What annoys you most?
1  2  3  4  Next

Leriem

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 10:59 pm
I get so annoyed on a regular basis when I’m in the supermarket and two women stop and park their wagons in middle of an aisle so they can shmooze, while no one else can get through with their wagon. What repeatedly annoys you about people’s lack of manners or inconsideration?

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:18 pm
People who post about things I do.

embarrassed

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:19 pm
Wink Joking. Smile

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:22 pm
People who complain all the time.

amother
Bisque

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:51 pm
Similar: ppl who stop to talk in doorways or ppl who stop at the top/bottom of subway stairs/turnstiles to gather and figure out where they’re going.

MOVE TO THE SIDE AND LET PEOPLE PASS!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Jul 25 2018, 11:54 pm
People who talk about the people around them either in a stage whisper assuming the other person can't hear or in a language they assume the other person won't understand.

I'm not deaf, but I am Canadian, and your French is terrible.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:04 am
Adults who pick their nose while talking to you. (I know she's not on imamother so whym I bothering?!) Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

agreer

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:18 am
Leriem wrote:
I get so annoyed on a regular basis when I’m in the supermarket and two women stop and park their wagons in middle of an aisle so they can shmooze, while no one else can get through with their wagon. What repeatedly annoys you about people’s lack of manners or inconsideration?

UGH! What about when your shopping in an aisle meant for two carts and one person has her cart in the middle while S-L-O-W-L-Y browsing just in front of her cart so you can't get to it to push it out of the way?

I totally understand you.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:29 am
When I waste too much time on this website.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 12:49 am
When you say "excuse me" the people blocking the aisle move. What's the big deal?

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:10 am
Leriem wrote:

Have your husband or teen age son stand there for a minute and eavesdrop... They move at the speed of light LOL

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:17 am
agreer wrote:

I totally understand you.

Of course you do; you're agreer!

LOL

etky

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 1:39 am
amother wrote:
Similar: ppl who stop to talk in doorways or ppl who stop at the top/bottom of subway stairs/turnstiles to gather and figure out where they’re going.

MOVE TO THE SIDE AND LET PEOPLE PASS!

And people who hesitate at the very top or bottom of an escalator.
Hello - the escalator doesn't stop just because you got off. There are people right in back of you who need to get off!

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:28 am
etky wrote:
And people who hesitate at the very top or bottom of an escalator.
Hello - the escalator doesn't stop just because you got off. There are people right in back of you who need to get off!

Older people often need a few moments to reorient themselves and get their balance. It's frustrating but requires a little understanding.

NovelConcept

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:32 am
amother wrote:
Older people often need a few moments to reorient themselves and get their balance. It's frustrating but requires a little understanding.

I agree. In general, I am always very cautious on stairs, escalators, using a knife, etc.

I have no desire to fall or be cut. Easy does it!

etky

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:41 am
NovelConcept wrote:
I agree. In general, I am always very cautious on stairs, escalators, using a knife, etc.

I have no desire to fall or be cut. Easy does it!

So am I. Safety, not frustration is the issue here.
Older or not , it is dangerous to take that extra second at the top of an escalator thus blocking anyone in back of you. Your hesitation is at the expense of those immediately in back of you who, if prevented from getting off in time, might lose their balance and fall against the ones in back of them etc.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:48 am
People who talk on cell phones while driving.

momx6

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:01 am
People who eat at a pizza shop and don't clear off the table after they're done eating. Drives me bananas. (pizza shop doesn't have a guy regularly clearing the tables)

Debbie

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:21 am
When I move aside to let someone pass and I get neither a 'thank you' nor an 'excuse me.'

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 5:02 am
etky wrote:
So am I. Safety, not frustration is the issue here.
Older or not , it is dangerous to take that extra second at the top of an escalator thus blocking anyone in back of you. Your hesitation is at the expense of those immediately in back of you who, if prevented from getting off in time, might lose their balance and fall against the ones in back of them etc.

I agree completely. But really, there are older folks who just can't do it, so you have to give them the time and space they need.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette