Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What do you do in the Elevator??
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:33 pm
jewwoman wrote:
Ive not read the whole thread but inner me u know what I do in the elevator. I check myself out in the mirror and then I make funny faces at myself and at the other ppl in the lift...

Hey jewwoman!! So glad to have you join the elevator party!
You are too funny. I am laughing and making funny faces right now.

But to make proper funny faces, you need some spaghetti hanging from your mouth. Do you make sure to have that on hand?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:37 pm
Since this hasn't been shared yet...

What Meir Kay decided to do with elevator rides. Warning: Contains non-Jewish music.

This method requires a bit more preparation, but totally eliminates the awkward.

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:39 pm
Filter dear. No can see.

But how about this?

Choose a random person and the second you step in, engulf them in a gigantic hug and cry out: Oh Nancy dear, I'm so happy to see you!

When she pushes you off, exclaiming she isn't Nancy, say: Whoops. My bad. And turn away with a totally straight face.

Ten points extra if she IS a Nancy and is left totally confused if she knows you or not.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:44 pm
amother wrote:

Sing a song. Especially, "If you're happy and you know it..." Make sure to clap your hands. The hokey pokey works too.

As long as you don't sing Aerosmith's Love on an Elevator.

And please, don't do your best Ray Rice or Jay-Z impression.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
Filter dear. No can see.

But how about this?

Choose a random person and the second you step in, engulf them in a gigantic hug and cry out: Oh Nancy dear, I'm so happy to see you!

When she pushes you off, exclaiming she isn't Nancy, say: Whoops. My bad. And turn away with a totally straight face.

Ten points extra if she IS a Nancy and is left totally confused if she knows you or not.

And what happens if Nancy is just pretending she isn't Nancy...

Ok, I'm sorry. I'll stop. Nancy, will ya just be my friend?

Aylat

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 2:59 pm
amother wrote:

What Meir Kay decided to do with elevator rides. Warning: Contains non-Jewish music.

This method requires a bit more preparation, but totally eliminates the awkward.

Awesome!!

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:09 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
As long as you don't sing Aerosmith's Love on an Elevator.

And please, don't do your best Ray Rice or Jay-Z impression.

That would be totally not appropriate for a chasidishe woman.

Just saying.

asmileaday

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:12 pm
amother wrote:

Classic example of how taking the elevator leads to mixed dancing Wink .

Always use the stairs!

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:20 pm
Inner me, the point is to always take a baby with you in the elevator. this way gender, age, nightly sleep status & size can be discussed.
if all else fails & you davka want to talk, the weather is an age old minhag to discuss in awkward situations.

Answers can/should vary by elevator need. for example if its in your workplace versus your residence.

in the building were I live we have very good elevator manners. we discuss THE elevator & its working/non working status & hope we won't get stuck.

*for those in need of a baby in tow & want good elevator discussions or a need for someone to stare on you/baby, feel free to 'borrow' my sn baby. you won't be disappointed.

(sorry if I'm not being funny today. I'm trying. you people have such great ideas. my brain is too mushy now Sad)

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:22 pm
Hey innerme, where's your sushi thread? haven't read it...

Boca00

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 3:34 pm
Call your husband to discuss the lab results for the super contagious thing you just contracted, and how you have to be quarantined for the next few weeks until it blows over (HT Dina Neuman Wink).

But seriously, why waste those few precious seconds of your life by staring into space?
Carry a stack of résumés of singles and see how many "elevator shidduchim" you can make! Even the most antisemitic person will often have best friends (or at least a doctor or lawyer) who is Jewish.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:06 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Classic example of how taking the elevator leads to mixed dancing Wink .

Always use the stairs!

LOL

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
Inner me, the point is to always take a baby with you in the elevator. this way gender, age, nightly sleep status & size can be discussed.
if all else fails & you davka want to talk, the weather is an age old minhag to discuss in awkward situations.

Answers can/should vary by elevator need. for example if its in your workplace versus your residence.

in the building were I live we have very good elevator manners. we discuss THE elevator & its working/non working status & hope we won't get stuck.

*for those in need of a baby in tow & want good elevator discussions or a need for someone to stare on you/baby, feel free to 'borrow' my sn baby. you won't be disappointed.

(sorry if I'm not being funny today. I'm trying. you people have such great ideas. my brain is too mushy now Sad)

You are being VERY funny!!!

And the bolded really made me laugh!!!! I guess that's always a solution.

"Hey, do you think this elevator will get stuck on our ride?"

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:09 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Hey innerme, where's your sushi thread? haven't read it...

My sushi's eaten up already. Gone. Down the wrong pipe.

Ok, fished it up.
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....43205

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:09 pm
Get two friends to ride with you. Turn to the right. Everyone else may copy you due to the social pressure.
Turn around.
Face a corner.
Do squats.
Sit on the floor.
See how long it takes them to notice that they don’t have to copy the three of you.

InnerMe

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:10 pm
Boca00 wrote:
Call your husband to discuss the lab results for the super contagious thing you just contracted, and how you have to be quarantined for the next few weeks until it blows over (HT Dina Neuman Wink).

But seriously, why waste those few precious seconds of your life by staring into space?
Carry a stack of résumés of singles and see how many "elevator shidduchim" you can make! Even the most antisemitic person will often have best friends (or at least a doctor or lawyer) who is Jewish.

Now that is wise!!! Even wiser than my baby idea!!! Go Boca! I can always count on you..

Elevator Shidduchim here we come. Now why hasn't anyone though of this yet as a solution to the Shidduch Crisis?!

NovelConcept

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:16 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Now that is wise!!! Even wiser than my baby idea!!! Go Boca! I can always count on you..

Elevator Shidduchim here we come. Now why hasn't anyone though of this yet as a solution to the Shidduch Crisis?!

They were too busy eating sushi.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:32 pm
amother wrote:
http://jewishweek.timesofisrael.com/my-fathers-cardboard-box/

Now I get the joke.

What an interesting link!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:47 pm
amother wrote:

I don't support him since he released a video where he collabed with a woman, who not...not dressed so tzniyusly. In some scenes he touched her and actually picked her up....So yeah.

fraimal

Post Thu, Jul 26 2018, 4:49 pm
amother wrote:
https://meyerweb.com/other/humor/elevator.html

Contains mild nivel peh

These are beyond halirious Rolling Laughter Rolling Laughter
Page 4 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette