Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
9 year old son comment
Previous  1  2

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 7:37 pm
yes id ask him in a nonjudgement calm way what he means, where he heard that and so on. not an interrogation. Like as part of a general discussion of yom kippur.
the way you quoted it sounds odd but could be he said it in a different way than it comes across to me in post.
you could ask his rebbe too what he taught them generally about the issurim, again in a non confrontational manner.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 9:23 pm
little neshamala wrote:
I plan on giving the information. I still think its wrong that in highschool you hear the words "ad kan b'rashi" or glossed over and even totally skiped topics, when ELEMENTARY SCHOOL BOYS get a basic explanation. Im not asking for kallah class education at all-im asking for our girls to get the same BASIC explanation as our boys.

Me too. I hate when boys and girls have different standards when it comes to learning these topics. I believe in teaching dc basics of s-x from a younger age in a scientific way. This is how G-d created people. If it's discussed so openly in the Torah, there's nothing wrong with talking about it.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Sep 20 2018, 11:29 pm
In the context of Torah, there should be no issue.

That is why it is so good that this teacher set a frame of reference for later pieces of information about relationships. A Torah framework is priceless.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics