Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Leaving flame on but don't want to leave window open @night
Previous  1  2

Ruchel

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 9:19 am
What NOT to do, is blocking the area where the wind comes in (more of an olden times thing when there was no heating etc).

As for glass/plastic. Indeed. There's risk to many things, and nowadays we tend to overthink and overobsess.

amother1223

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 11:38 am
Aren’t most of the fires that are caused caused by davka electric hot plates? Im confused I always hear of hot plates being the issue?

clowny

Post Sun, Sep 23 2018, 2:11 pm
amother1223 wrote:
Aren’t most of the fires that are caused caused by davka electric hot plates? Im confused I always hear of hot plates being the issue?

I think so too. Most fires are caused by rather electric hot plates. Mine works with a timer and turns off at night.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 5:39 pm
Question: does an oven left on sabbath mode cause the same carbon monoxide risk as a flame left on? Do I need to leave windows open if my oven is on sabbath mode all yom tov?

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 5:55 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Question: does an oven left on sabbath mode cause the same carbon monoxide risk as a flame left on? Do I need to leave windows open if my oven is on sabbath mode all yom tov?

Yes if it's a gas oven. No if it's electric.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 5:57 pm
If you have a vent hood fan above your gas range or cooktop that draws air outside (NOT a recirculating fan), that will pull air out just like leaving a window open.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Sep 25 2018, 6:13 pm
Thanks.
We have a gas oven with not vent directed outside, so I guess it's good that we left our window open as much as we could.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics