Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Uncovered hair
Previous  1  2  3

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:36 am
OP, I'm going to say something that might be useful to you in the future and very helpful to everyone who has strong feelings about your not covering anymore: Within the last few months there was an interview with Dr. Meir Wikler on Headlines about couples who might not be on the same page religiously. It's really worth listening to. He wasn't talking frum and said that's not the way to handle this. Because one party is going to feel that s/he is compromising one way or another and that should be validated. Negotiating is much better than pulling the "Halacha, subject's closed" card.

No time to say more. I'm just about out the door but remembered this and wanted to share it. Hatzlacha!

iyar

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 11:56 am
It's not simple at all when couples don't have the same ideas about how they'd like to take care of the spiritual aspect of their lives. It's not any easier than disagreements about financial arrangements or family relationships. I think it can sometimes be even harder because people might have a harder time agreeing to compromise. I'm not here to offer you any advice OP, but I will say I agree with others who suggested it's important to provide your kids with consistency. Different ideas coming from one parent and the other or from home and school might sometimes be unavoidable but as far as you can, try to provide your kids with a unified message.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 12:24 pm
Op, it’s telling that you added a ☹️ When you wrote that you acceded to dh’s Request to uncover your hair, therefore I suspect you feel a bit guilty inside or some regret, and if so, I’d suggest you revisit the issue with dh, perhaps with a therapist...

professor

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:45 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Really? Exactly Who’s “whole point” is looking like you’re not covering your hair??

The whole point of a FALL
A fall is a type of hair covering that includes a big headband in the front and just the hairline showing. As opposed to a regular sheitel or tichelman that looks like a thing covering the hair.

professor

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:46 pm
mizle10 wrote:
Um, no. The whole point is that its comfortable and a cute look.

Yes, also that.

Reality

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 7:57 pm
Back to op's original question. Lev bais yaakov is a school that expects mothers to cover their hair.

I don't know if they kick out someone who stops covering their hair.

Op, maybe change your post to be anonymous to protect yourself.

dankbar

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:14 pm
zaq wrote:
What chulentalakiddush and Shabbatiscoming said. (Coincidence? I think so!)

Of course they think together- chulent by the kiddush is only eaten on shabbat

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 06 2018, 8:31 pm
professor wrote:
Whoa...

I had to stop for a second. Sorry. Hair covering is a private thing. A wide headband is a GREAT idea if OP wants it. It is NO ONE'S business If she is wearing a fall or her hair. It is nothing like a pig who says I am kosher. No one eats a woman with a fall but doesn't eat an uncovered hair.

In fact, the whole point of a fall is for women to look like they are not covering their hair whole really they are.

Great post professor! Every bit counts.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels