Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Stamford Hill a wonderful community!
Previous  1  2  3  Next

milko

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:27 pm
Amazing! Loads of new stores and lots of entertainment for the kids.

littleprincess

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 3:32 pm
milko wrote:
The mini mall!!

Was really nice but impossible to walk around . Not much space between all the tables and too many buggies (including mine ... Sunday's a day the children join the shopping)
Was nice to see all the new vendors and got some nice Chanukah gifts

Ruchi

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 4:04 pm
Sounds like I missed out on something nice.

I hope that all the vendors were matzliach and that people bagged some bargains.
I am sure the kids definitely had a wonderful time.

milko

Post Sun, Nov 18 2018, 7:58 pm
We have amazing shops on the hill.

Debbie

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 3:33 am
milko wrote:
Even south tottenham has grown over the years. There was never so much yiden all the way down to Crowland Road.

I remember when there were hardly any Yidden living on Craven Park Road and even fewer on Olinda Road; now Craven Park has many Yiddishe families and Olinda is growing too. It's wonderful!

milko

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 4:28 am
I've only been living here for 2 years but even since I came my street has been filling up with yidden.

Debbie

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 4:40 am
milko wrote:
I've only been living here for 2 years but even since I came my street has been filling up with yidden.

There have been a few new families move to the road where I live,and quite a few lofts being built too.
When we moved to the road over 18 years ago I wasn't sure I wanted to live there as there were so few Yidden,but my husband said they would come and come they have.

Ruchi

Post Mon, Nov 19 2018, 4:53 am
Debbie wrote:
There have been a few new families move to the road where I live,and quite a few lofts being built too.
When we moved to the road over 18 years ago I wasn't sure I wanted to live there as there were so few Yidden,but my husband said they would come and come they have.

I remember still 30+ years ago. when very very few yidden lived in Tottenham and most people wouldn't hear of buying nor renting there.
Nowadays there has been a growth explosion going on B'H.

milko

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 7:45 pm
I think we should continue this thread. Cmon Stamford Hillers

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 3:33 am
I salute The wonderful Stamford Hill, volunteers who go around by chasunah's collecting for Hachnosas Kalloh and other vital tzedokah's.

Debbie

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:05 am
Ruchi wrote:
I salute The wonderful Stamford Hill, volunteers who go around by chasunah's collecting for Hachnosas Kalloh and other vital tzedokah's.

Absolutely.
I always remind myself to take vouchers or some cash with to give to these ladies,they are always so polite and grateful.
When my daughter got married last November I don't think any ladies came collecting,but we made in Kinloss and maybe they only collect at chassunahs in or very close to Stamford Hill.

littleprincess

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 9:56 am
Let's talk about all the wonderful organization . After I gave birth I received suppers for 2 weeks through ozer leyoldos . Amazing women cook suppers for families they don't even know !!!
And the free doula service we receive for births . I don't know any other place that have heimishe ladies as doulas for FREE

Zehava

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 10:14 am
Well the velours for one. I stock up every time I go.

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:40 pm
Debbie wrote:
Absolutely.
I always remind myself to take vouchers or some cash with to give to these ladies,they are always so polite and grateful.
When my daughter got married last November I don't think any ladies came collecting,but we made in Kinloss and maybe they only collect at chassunahs in or very close to Stamford Hill.

Generally, the Hachnosas Kalloh Fund have volunteers who notify them that they will be at a particular wedding and will collect there (they have to ensure that no two groups of women go round for the same charity)
Sometimes, if they do not have any volunteer attending a wedding. they will ask the Baal Simcha for names of people coming to the wedding and will phone to ask if they are willing to go collecting.
However, being that there are B'h so many weddings nowadays and several on one night, I do not know how on top of things they manage to be, concerning collections at every single wedding.

Regarding Kinloss, I believe they do not go as far out as there - they stick to Stamford Hill and surrounding areas like Decorium, Prince & Princess, Kervan etc.

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:04 pm
littleprincess wrote:
Let's talk about all the wonderful organization . After I gave birth I received suppers for 2 weeks through ozer leyoldos . Amazing women cook suppers for families they don't even know !!!
And the free doula service we receive for births . I don't know any other place that have heimishe ladies as doulas for FREE

I might have made you supper Very Happy Very Happy

Ruchi

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:12 pm
Metukah wrote:

Perhaps you can share the menu and the poster can clarify if she received such a meal Wink Wink

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:25 pm
Ruchi wrote:
Perhaps you can share the menu and the poster can clarify if she received such a meal Wink Wink

I haven't done ezer leyoldos suppers in about 2 months. You wish I remember my menus. I send different meals every time. I can't even remember what I made for supper last week. ;-)

littleprincess

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 5:18 pm
Metukah wrote:

Wow you're amazing !!! It was like almost 2 years ago but I'm happy I can thank you now !! Every meal was made with so much heart and we really appreciated it

Debbie

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:01 pm
littleprincess wrote:

I used to work for Ezer Leyoldos about six years ago,I was a support worker and I when I was with the families I was helping I did see some of the lovely meals prepared by those wonderful ladies.
There really is so much Chesed.

Metukah

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:02 pm
littleprincess wrote:
Wow you're amazing !!! It was like almost 2 years ago but I'm happy I can thank you now !! Every meal was made with so much heart and we really appreciated it

Thank you. I'm not that amazing, I only do it about once a month and sometimes less.

The amazing person is Mrs M. She runs it and devotes her whole life to it, voluntarily. She gets the people to make the meals (she tries not to ask more than once a month). She has to do this every day and it's not an easy task.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics