Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
Whats For Supper Tonight-Honest!
  Previous  1  2  3 46  47  48 120  121  122  Next

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:06 am
It would be fun to see pictures. I don't know how to post my pics, but I love to see others.

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:29 am
tweety1 wrote:
I have a mishigas that I hate threads with too many pages. Just my own personal craze. So I decided to open a new one and sort of divide it.
Last night was a major hit. Tomato sauce Chicken/rice in a pan-fried one pot dinner. Easy shmeasy. Was delicious!!
Tonight is chicken burgers and mashed potatoes

Now we have 2 competing threads. Some are not accepting this new thread. You need to contact admin and have them terminate the old thread before you start a new one.

Cheiny

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:46 am
tweety1 wrote:
I have a mishigas that I hate threads with too many pages. Just my own personal craze. So I decided to open a new one and sort of divide it.
Last night was a major hit. Tomato sauce Chicken/rice in a pan-fried one pot dinner. Easy shmeasy. Was delicious!!
Tonight is chicken burgers and mashed potatoes

I’m not understanding why someone would be DISHONEST about what they’re serving for dinner....???

Saralle

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 11:49 am
Veggie soup
sesame chicken
butternut squash fries

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:00 pm
Cheiny wrote:
I’m not understanding why someone would be DISHONEST about what they’re serving for dinner....???

Because they want to project a certain image they created for themselves....
Last night was: vegetable pea soup, mushroom chicken from pupa cookbook the first chicken recipe I can't remember the name, mashed potatoes with mayo and a mock liver made from peas, string beans, ground almonds, boiled eggs and sautéed onions. Special dinner for Purim Kattan.

mom22

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:08 pm
Chicken wings and hamburgers with salad

Optione

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:15 pm
Sunday- leftovers
Monday- steak, hot dogs, jicama fries, veggie soup
Tonight- falafel. Not sure about the kids.

a1mom!

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 12:16 pm
Soup, meatballs, rice and salad

exhausted

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:19 pm
Last night was roasted vegetable soup and chicken pot pie. Tonight is broccoli lasagna roll ups and roasted veggies.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:23 pm
Cheiny wrote:

Because on this site so many women have been judged for serving tuna fish or scrambled eggs for dinner or gasp, cereal for dinner . They consider it dysfunctional. Who would want to subject themselves to that? (Speaking for others . I proudly announce when I serve scrambled eggs and if you think I'm a dysfunctional mother, so be it. My family knows the truth .)

Saralle

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:29 pm
Or you can just not write on days like that.. .for example, I didn't write what we had yesterday because it's embarrassing.
(Kid had mushroom barley soup and chicken - leftovers from freezer, I had vegetable soup and cookies, and dh had... um... not sure. I think nuts.)
I wrote that now, just to prove a point. As I'm writing, I'm not sure what the point was. But I'm not dysfunctional, just had a long hard day and no ingredients in the house when I wanted to make supper. You can look upthread to see what I'm making today for proof that I'm not dysfunctional.
Or you can just think that I am. I'm good either way.

NurseK

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 1:38 pm
Last night dh was in charge of dinner because I was working and he wasnt (presidents days). He made grilled chicken and he bought sushi for an appetizer. Tonight I will make salmon, couscous, and avocado/tomato salad.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:26 pm
So in the mood of pastrami. (Cold cuts, because they dont sell roasts where I live)
Dont want to do sandwiches, and also dont want to do anything fried.
Any cool ideas?

sirel

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:28 pm
yesterday I made hamburgers and everything that goes along with it (coleslaw, condiments, pickles tomatoes etc)
french fries
chicken barley soup
I also heated up some hot dogs

There was too much food, and everyone liked it- so I'm serving it again today...

(my child who eats vegetarian had soy hot dogs and veggie patties)

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:35 pm
MiriFr wrote:
So in the mood of pastrami. (Cold cuts, because they dont sell roasts where I live)
Dont want to do sandwiches, and also dont want to do anything fried.
Any cool ideas?

Pastrami pizza
Pastrami knishes

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:36 pm
I make stuffed mushrooms with pastrami sometimes.

Finely dice onion, celery, and the mushroom stems and saute until soft. Add finely chopped pastrami and season to your taste. Go easy on the salt because pastrami is salty. Let mixture cool a little and then add a beaten egg and some breadcrumbs to bind it together. Mound the stuffing mixture in the mushrooms and bake until the mushrooms are cooked through.

Beyla

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:40 pm
Shnitzel, brocolis, mashed potatoes and leftover lentils soup.

smile12345

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:40 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Baked breaded cutlets
Roasted potatoes
Vegetable soup

My baked breaded cutlets usually come out quite dry. Would you be able to share your recipe?

heidi

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 2:44 pm
Fresh schnitzel. Leftover rice and chicken soup from shabbat. Fresh salad.

MiriFr

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:21 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
Pastrami pizza
Pastrami knishes

Yaaasssssssss
Recipe for pastrami pizza pleeeeeaaaase!
Page 47 of 122   Previous  1  2  3 46  47  48 120  121  122  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus