Home

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Cyan


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:03 am
Delete

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:20 am
She is extremely dumb. Whoever
Voted for her is even dumber! I get funny memes about her daily and videos of all the stupid things she is constantly saying.
Back to top

ectomorph




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:22 am
she is a political genius.
Don't underestimate her.
Way more dangerous than anyone else in the field right now
Back to top

amother




Yellow


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:23 am
Effects of the liberal mindset.... more to come
Back to top

amother




Lavender


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:26 am
As someone who grew up in the uk with "Medicare for all". Not really sure what you're scared of.
Back to top

Squishy




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:34 am
No she followed Trump's model. She is dangerous. I compare her to Hitler. I don't think she is overly bright, but she doesn't have to be. She allies herself with antisemites. But then again, so did women on this site and never renounced them.

I only hope Crowly starts campaigning now for his seat back. I would donate.

This lady is as phoney as Megan. She was a member of the country club and reinvented herself.

Trump said it perfectly, "who?".
Back to top

amother




cornflower


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:36 am
She scares me.

I am also reminded of Hitler when I see pics of her.

Those crazy eyes.
Back to top

amother




Bronze


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:36 am
Squishy wrote:
No she followed Trump's model. She is dangerous. I compare her to Hitler. I don't think she is overly bright, but she doesn't have to be. She allies herself with antisemites. But then again, so did women on this site and never renounced them.

I only hope Crowly starts campaigning now for his seat back. I would donate.

This lady is as phoney as Megan. She was a member of the country club and reinvented herself.

Trump said it perfectly, "who?".


What does the bolded mean?
Back to top

imasoftov




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:36 am
Also she dances. Be very afraid

.
Back to top

amother




Natural


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:39 am
Yup. She is crazy and immature.

And a threat to our way of life.

Like another said, don't underestimate her. She had a knack for gathering followers.
Back to top

amother




Firebrick


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:45 am
Dont underestimate her. Remember that Hitler was in prison when he wrote Mein Kampf and look what he managed to do.
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:46 am
No opinion on her, but much happier with the socialist medical system in Israel than in the US.
Also liked it in Canada when I lived there.

I think socialism is much better than capitalism. I dont know who the 'we' in your sentence refers to, but it definitely does not include me.
Back to top

amother




Lemon


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:51 am
I am confused how she could be so ignorant and come out of BU with a degree in International Relations and Economics. Maybe someone who attended there undergraduate could explain.

Was there special accommodations for minorities or is her imbacilism an act designed to get headlines?

I graduated there with a masters. It was a rigorous degree. I taught undergrads, and I didn't teach anyone as foolish is her.
Back to top

amother




Firebrick


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:58 am
amother wrote:
I am confused how she could be so ignorant and come out of BU with a degree in International Relations and Economics. Maybe someone who attended there undergraduate could explain.

Was there special accommodations for minorities or is her imbacilism an act designed to get headlines?

I graduated there with a masters. It was a rigorous degree. I taught undergrads, and I didn't teach anyone as foolish is her.

First, yes, I have been in classes where professors graded minorities differently than white students. And the admissions process is not exactly competitive for minorities either with affirmative action and all.
Second, its not clear how much of it is an act and how much is real. I liken her to Flatbush girl who also graduated with a 4.0 but acts really stupid. Seems like a social media thing, the stupider you act the more followers you acquire which would explain why she is so popular.
Back to top

amother




Ginger


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 10:59 am
amother wrote:
I am confused how she could be so ignorant and come out of BU with a degree in International Relations and Economics. Maybe someone who attended there undergraduate could explain.

Was there special accommodations for minorities or is her imbacilism an act designed to get headlines?

I graduated there with a masters. It was a rigorous degree. I taught undergrads, and I didn't teach anyone as foolish is her.


Is there a word 'imbacilism'????
If there were, it would be with an 'e' anyway.
'Were' there accomodations. Not 'was'.

And maybe a native English speaker could tell me, but shouldn't it be 'anyone as foolish as she'?

I never point out mistakes, but if you are going to use your academic credentials to insult others, at least use proper English.
Back to top

amother




Amber


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:03 am
amother wrote:
I am confused how she could be so ignorant and come out of BU with a degree in International Relations and Economics. Maybe someone who attended there undergraduate could explain.

Was there special accommodations for minorities or is her imbacilism an act designed to get headlines?

I graduated there with a masters. It was a rigorous degree. I taught undergrads, and I didn't teach anyone as foolish is her.


Can't Believe It Can't Believe It Can't Believe It
Back to top

amother




Fuchsia


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:05 am
No opinion on AOC.
But, Americans have an astounding knee-jerk reaction to the word socialism. You have been indoctrinated to believe that socialism is the root of all that is evil today. This is a conflation with communism and a relic of the cold war era. Socialism is essentially a spectrum. On one end you have communism and at the other, absolute free market.

The USA is almost as socialist as other prosperous countries around the world. You have the government regulating practically every industry (EPA, FDA,USDA, NRC, OSHA etc.), social security, medicare, SNAP, unemployment insurance, public education etc.

You have to ask yourself why the USA is the only developed country today without universal health care.(A significant part of the population is already serviced through Medicare. Medicaid and the VA). American health care spending is almost twice per capita that of other countries and the outcomes are poorer.
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....SKCN1GP2YN

You are being ripped off. We have friends in the medical field in the US and they have described a system of inflated billing, kickbacks and endless cuts to middlemen.

Ask yourself why countries that have universal healthcare and conservative governments have not gone back to the old system. Canada had Stephen Harper at the helm for 12 years. There was not a peep about repealing universal health care. There are debates about how to best allocate resources and improve the health care system, but no one across the entire political spectrum wants to go back. Why do you think that is?
Back to top

amother




Natural


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:09 am
amother wrote:
No opinion on AOC.
But, Americans have an astounding knee-jerk reaction to the word socialism. You have been indoctrinated to believe that socialism is the root of all that is evil today. This is a conflation with communism and a relic of the cold war era. Socialism is essentially a spectrum. On one end you have communism and at the other, absolute free market.

The USA is almost as socialist as other prosperous countries around the world. You have the government regulating practically every industry (EPA, FDA,USDA, NRC, OSHA etc.), social security, medicare, SNAP, unemployment insurance, public education etc.

You have to ask yourself why the USA is the only developed country today without universal health care.(A significant part of the population is already serviced through Medicare. Medicaid and the VA). American health care spending is almost twice per capita that of other countries and the outcomes are poorer.
https://www.reuters.com/articl.....SKCN1GP2YN

You are being ripped off. We have friends in the medical field in the US and they have described a system of inflated billing, kickbacks and endless cuts to middlemen.

Ask yourself why countries that have universal healthcare and conservative governments have not gone back to the old system. Canada had Stephen Harper at the helm for 12 years. There was not a peep about repealing universal health care. There are debates about how to best allocate resources and improve the health care system, but no one across the entire political spectrum wants to go back. Why do you think that is?


Ask yourself why people sometimes have to wait months to have surgery in Canada. Why people are always coming to the US for complicated surgery. Yes, people in the UK and Canada come here. I don't see anyone from here going to another country to have anything done (other than cheap plastic surgery in Mexico which is a hazard and a whole 'nother story).
Back to top

Amarante




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:11 am
If you are attempting to crucify her on the basis of "Medicare" for all, you are barking up the wrong tree.

Ask anyone who is on Medicare whether they like it. It's a misnomer anyway. What is being suggested is to cut out some of the fat by having single payer system available for those who want it instead of having a system which enables large health care companies to make egregious profits. People would pay premiums just as they now do - the issue is that the premiums would be lower as it would be a more economically efficient delivery system.

People without economic means are entitled to health care in a civilized society and the issue is the best way to deliver health care for everyone.

You are aware that people getting Medicare have paid for it in the form of taxes which are paid by both themselves and their employers. They also pay a monthly premium once they receive Medicare and if they make above a certain income, they pay a higher premium for Medicare. Those on Medicare also pay a premium for so-called Medigap policies.

The issue is giving people an option to get health care through the government. One alternative that was shot down during the enactment of the AHCA was enabling ANYONE to purchase the same health insurance available to government workers.

As a taxpayer, I'm not sure why you are railing against a more economical way to fund health care. At this point, people purchasing through the Obama marketplaces generally get a subsidy for their premiums. The higher the premiums, the higher the subsidy and the more money the health insurance companies make. All of that money is taxpayer money that is paid to health insurance companies.


Last edited by Amarante on Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Bisque


Post  Sun, Jan 20 2019, 11:12 am
she is anti Israel
her "economic" ideas are truly completely unsustainable and would bankrupt and ruin the system
think "Venezuela" cvs
Back to top
  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> In the News -> Politics

Related Topics Replies Last Post
6 am tomw Car Service from Washington DC to Alexandria, Va
by amother
1 Mon, Mar 06 2017, 6:27 pm View last post
jewish girls name -Alexandria. ????
by amother
21 Wed, Apr 26 2006, 1:02 pm View last post
by chen

Jump to: