Home

Nancy Pelosi and the CLAP. Will it help her or hurt her, or
1, 2  Next

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Mevater

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:09 pm

Is Pelosi's behavior going to help Pelosi or hurt her or neither?

causemommysaid

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:39 pm
It will help her with the Democrats. They think this is classy behavior.

amother

Mint

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:43 pm
Well, the GOP thinks gold toilets are classy, so there's that.

amother

Babyblue

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
Well, the GOP thinks gold toilets are classy, so there's that.

So far Donald hasn't come up with a better nickname than "Nancy" so I guess that's pretty classy of him.

Mevater

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:46 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
It will help her with the Democrats. They think this is classy behavior.

If thats so, why is someone on CNN mocking her?

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:48 pm
Between the clap and AOC behaving like a sullen teenager in her super Cape and Bernie sulking, it is a turn off to voters who want mature grownups in government.

You can argue about Republican obstructionists, but social media was not as prominent as it is now. The Democrats are looking like fools. Moreover, they look mean and are hypocrites.

amother

Babyblue

Post  Wed, Feb 06 2019, 11:51 pm
amother wrote:
Between the clap and AOC behaving like a sullen teenager in her super Cape and Bernie sulking, it is a turn off to voters who want mature grownups in government.

You can argue about Republican obstructionists, but social media was not as prominent as it is now. The Democrats are looking like fools. Moreover, they look mean and are hypocrites.

LOL LOL LOL LOL

causemommysaid

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:19 am
Mevater wrote:
If thats so, why is someone on CNN mocking her?

Don't know but you should see the liberals on my Facebook feed going on and on about how she showed him.

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:27 am
causemommysaid wrote:
Don't know but you should see the liberals on my Facebook feed going on and on about how she showed him.

She showed him she could act like a sarcastic teen?

Mevater

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 12:44 am
amother wrote:
She showed him she could act like a sarcastic teen?

Yup.

Impulsive, explosive, oppositional, and passive aggressive.

Who egged her on that night???????

Fox

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 2:55 am
The approval numbers for the SOTU address make a pretty clear case that there were a lot of missteps on the part of Democrats:

97 percent of Republicans approved of the President's speech.
30 percent of Democrats approved.
82 percent of Independents approved.

CBS

We can analyze Pelosi's body language, Harris's, Sanders', Schumer's, or any of the other Democratic players. But the bottom line is that when you refuse to positively acknowledge the lowest minority unemployment figures; the rescue of women from human traffickers; or prison reform -- it's not going to be a good look.

simcha2

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 6:34 am
amother wrote:

I assume you mean independents and not Trump supporters. Otherwise this is the funniest, unintentionally ironic thing I've ever read on imamother.

Mevater

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:38 am
simcha2 wrote:
I assume you mean independents and not Trump supporters. Otherwise this is the funniest, unintentionally ironic thing I've ever read on imamother.

Pelosi's faces and body language (just short of the childish pranks we used to engage in when we were about 3, like making donkey ears when we were behind someone) while sitting behind Trump during the SOTU address, very much measures up to all of Trumps misdeeds, and was especially shocking for someone who has been mocking Trump for his being in the wrong and inappropriate.

Picture resized

Last edited by Mevater on Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

simcha2

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:52 am
Mevater wrote:
Pelosi's faces and body language (just short of the childish pranks we used to engage in when we were about 3, like making donkey ears when we were behind someone) while sitting behind Trump during the SOTU address, very much measures up to all of Trumps misdeeds, and was especially shocking for someone who has been mocking Trump for his being in the wrong and inappropriate.

I'm not getting into a (pointless) debate over facial expressions versus hundreds of inappropriate and childish tweets and statements. But my comment was in reference to amother who was saying it was a "turn off to those who want mature grown ups on government". You can argue that Pelosi's reaction was immature (I might even somewhat agree with you), but Trump's tweets have been the epitome of immaturity for his entire campaign and presidency.

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 7:58 am
simcha2 wrote:

I mean Americans. 75% of voters disapprove and only 20% approve.

People wouldn't want the head of their children's PTA acting like Pelosi did. The Democratic congresswomen looked like a gaggle of middle school girls looking to each other if they should stand and applaud.

This was a real opportunity for Congress to show they are leaders instead of obstructionists. The flexing they are doing only plays well on the coasts and then only to other Democrats.

amother

Babyblue

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:06 am
Please stop talking about what most Americans believe or most Americans think.

Most Americans detest Trump and are just relieved that finally there is some oversight to put a check on this train wreck of an administration, exactly as the constitution lays out. Of course you dismiss all those polls as fake news. So if that's fake news then spare us the analysis of how most voters are responding to the behaviour of Democrats during the SOTU.

Mevater

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:09 am
simcha2 wrote:
I'm not getting into a (pointless) debate over facial expressions versus hundreds of inappropriate and childish tweets and statements. But my comment was in reference to amother who was saying it was a "turn off to those who want mature grown ups on government". You can argue that Pelosi's reaction was immature (I might even somewhat agree with you), but Trump's tweets have been the epitome of immaturity for his entire campaign and presidency.

Generally if someone chooses to criticize, they should be on a higher level.

Last edited by Mevater on Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:11 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:09 am
Mevater wrote:

Yup

The Democrats have outdone anything they ever accused The President and The Deplorables of doing. Black face, KKK robes, murder after birth, abortion in the birth canal, s-xual assault. It has not been a good week for Democrats.

Pelosi's mockery of The President during the SOTU speech is a mockery of the office of the president. If there ever is a time to appear to be mature is when you are on national TV with The President being Presidential. He looked strong. She looked irritating.

amother

Violet

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:17 am
afaik the CLAP always hurts everyone Wink its not a victimless disease

amother

Aquamarine

Post  Thu, Feb 07 2019, 8:21 am
amother wrote:
Please stop talking about what most Americans believe or most Americans think.

Most Americans detest Trump and are just relieved that finally there is some oversight to put a check on this train wreck of an administration, exactly as the constitution lays out. Of course you dismiss all those polls as fake news. So if that's fake news then spare us the analysis of how most voters are responding to the behaviour of Democrats during the SOTU.

Amother babyblue,

What an appropriate color. I was taking my figures from the latest Gallup Poll which was taken last month.

Please tell me where you are getting your information from. Mine is easily verified.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1.....ublic.aspx

You sound like a petulant teenager. Get over it. Most Americans don't approve of the rioting that took place after the election and the screaming at the sky stunts. Most Americans are for law and order.
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h