Home

Silent on anti Semitsm, “appalled” by black-face
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 4:27 pm
Fox wrote:
Orange Amother, you're out of line.

First of all, you are in violation of Imamother TOS when you make inflammatory accusations under the guise of Amother.

Second of all, my post contained absolutely nothing regarding Republican versus Democratic divisions. You are the one who brought that up. I regularly condemn Republicans, and you just are regularly ignore it because it doesn't fit with the image you've created of a fire-breathing, troglodyte conservative.

I think you should be calling out Amother Gray.

amother

Gray

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 4:30 pm
simcha2 wrote:

Amother gray is Latino but if you decided that Jews are white then you are being racist towards me..
Ok, I gotta go. I have a life to live. Goodbye.

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 4:31 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Ok, here we go again. All the women's marches were on shabbat. No one on this site participated. Ergo they can't admit they're wrong. "When did you stop beating your wife, Mr Smith?"

If memory serves, one Imamother wrote glowingly of her participation in a local march. Many Imamothers defended the March and expressed regret that they weren't able to participate. And, yes, many attempted to paint concerns about the anti-Semitism of the organizers as simply rantings of racist, Islamaphobic, ignorant frum women.

The irony is that most of us associated the anti-Semitism of the March primarily with Linda Sarsour. It turns out that it was a group effort and far worse than we anticipated.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:01 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Ok, here we go again. All the women's marches were on shabbat. No one on this site participated. Ergo they can't admit they're wrong. "When did you stop beating your wife, Mr Smith?"

I still haven't seen you admit that you're wrong about the hats. That they are indeed cats, and not genitalia.

The hats were in reference to comments The President made about grabbing parts of female anatomy - not cats. It is disingenuous of you to say otherwise. No one believes you. Apologize for lying and saying the hats represent cats.

There were posters who said they participated in The Women's March.

The democrats appointed Omar to the House Foreign Relations Committee. Dispite or because, she said, "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel."

This is who the Democrats give powerful appointments to.

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:06 pm
simcha2 wrote:

Sorry, but this is the attitude of people who want to keep racism alive as long as possible.

The absolute worst thing that can happen for race relations is when people are afraid to ask questions or discuss anything.

When you dismiss someone's questions, those questions don't go away. They simply harden into disrespect, disdain, and eventually hatred.

There are answers to Amother Gray's questions. Some you will like; others you won't like. Some are controversial. Others are just historically factual.

As it happens, I do believe that certain types of white privilege exist. But "privilege" is a complicated thing -- it's not simply an issue of racists behaving badly. In fact, black officers are just as likely to behave in allegedly racist ways toward fellow blacks as white officers -- to the disappointment of everyone who thought increasing minority representation in law enforcement would solve the problem.

Not too long ago I saw one of the WalkAway videos made by a middle-aged black man. He said something that I found incredibly insightful: he had interacted with white people all his life, and he said he'd never met a real racist. However, he said that he'd met a lot of people of various races who were simply uncomfortable with one another.

Intersectional identity politics has made people less comfortable with people who are unlike them, not more. It's made them more fearful and resentful. It's burnished the careers of overpaid academics while making everyone else's life less rich and less interesting.

Gray Amother may have questions. She may have unfounded concerns. She may even be misinformed about certain things. Shaming her and calling her a racist is the best way to make sure she actually becomes one.

Squishy

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:10 pm
amother wrote:
He never made remarks about infanticide. That's just a Republican fabrication.

And while he should be called out for blackface, its the height of hypocrisy for Republicans -- who have repeatedly re-elected Steven King (and put up with his racism in Congress for 15 years without so much as a peep), and who elected a Republican who traded on the blatantly racist "birther" lied about President Obama, not to mention his comments about Judge Curiel, about Latin Americans, about Muslims, ad nauseum -- to be talking about it.

And I'm looking for equal condemnation of Thomas K. Norment Jr. And Tate Reeves. And others.

But of course you're changing the subject, since the Democrats have condemned Omar.

He absolutely said it. A fellow doctor who graduated with him distributed his yearbook page in response to his remarks on infanticide.

I watched him say that after the baby is born, the baby will be kept comfortable while the mother consults with Drs on what to do with the baby.

The democratic condemnation is a bit late and doesn't go far enough. They honor the antisemite. Why aren't they throwing her off her committee appointments?

Clinton, Obama, and Omar are willing to be photographed with Farrakhan. Where's the condemnation? Where's the condemnation of The Women's March?

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:37 pm
amother wrote:
Amother gray is Latino but if you decided that Jews are white then you are being racist towards me..
Ok, I gotta go. I have a life to live. Goodbye.

What are you talking about? I've specifically said, in this thread, that Jews aren't white.

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:43 pm
Fox wrote:
Sorry, but this is the attitude of people who want to keep racism alive as long as possible.

The absolute worst thing that can happen for race relations is when people are afraid to ask questions or discuss anything.

When you dismiss someone's questions, those questions don't go away. They simply harden into disrespect, disdain, and eventually hatred.

There are answers to Amother Gray's questions. Some you will like; others you won't like. Some are controversial. Others are just historically factual.

As it happens, I do believe that certain types of white privilege exist. But "privilege" is a complicated thing -- it's not simply an issue of racists behaving badly. In fact, black officers are just as likely to behave in allegedly racist ways toward fellow blacks as white officers -- to the disappointment of everyone who thought increasing minority representation in law enforcement would solve the problem.

Not too long ago I saw one of the WalkAway videos made by a middle-aged black man. He said something that I found incredibly insightful: he had interacted with white people all his life, and he said he'd never met a real racist. However, he said that he'd met a lot of people of various races who were simply uncomfortable with one another.

Intersectional identity politics has made people less comfortable with people who are unlike them, not more. It's made them more fearful and resentful. It's burnished the careers of overpaid academics while making everyone else's life less rich and less interesting.

Gray Amother may have questions. She may have unfounded concerns. She may even be misinformed about certain things. Shaming her and calling her a racist is the best way to make sure she actually becomes one.

Sorry Fox, going to call you out on this.

You got upset with Orange for calling you out on the infanticide fallacy but let this statement from Gray . "White people are walking on eggshells. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. How far is it going to go before there is white genocide?" go, on the basis that if we point out the racism inherent in it, we willbe creating racists?

I'm not shaming her by pointing out that a) Jews aren't white, b) that black people asking for equality isn't going to lead to a whole genocide.

Can we at least agree that the term "white genocide" is loaded and problematic?

Squishy

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:44 pm
simcha2 wrote:
What are you talking about? I've specifically said, in this thread, that Jews aren't white.

I am white. I am a Jew. Jews can be white.

Just apologize to her.

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 5:56 pm
Squishy wrote:
I am white. I am a Jew. Jews can be white.

Just apologize to her.

You are not white, you are a semite.

If you are in any doubt seek Bowers, Duke et al.

naturalmom5

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:17 pm
simcha2 wrote:
You are not white, you are a semite.

If you are in any doubt seek Bowers, Duke et al.

Jews most definitely are not White..

They are inferior "inferior Caucasians"

As per Rudyard Kipling's classification

Fox

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:18 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Sorry Fox, going to call you out on this.

You got upset with Orange for calling you out on the infanticide fallacy but let this statement from Gray . "White people are walking on eggshells. Damned if they do and damned if they don't. How far is it going to go before there is white genocide?" go, on the basis that if we point out the racism inherent in it, we willbe creating racists?

I'm not shaming her by pointing out that a) Jews aren't white, b) that black people asking for equality isn't going to lead to a whole genocide.

Can we at least agree that the term "white genocide" is loaded and problematic?

You are mistaken. I got upset with Orange Amother for claiming I was changing the subject -- her go-to accusation with me. I neither take seriously nor care about her half-baked theories that Republicans somehow twisted Gov. Northam's words.

Your claim that "Jews aren't white" is not agreed upon by any means. There are plenty of people who consider Jews white, including the organizers of the Women's March. You can disagree with them, of course, but simply stating it as a known fact is incorrect.

I don't think "white genocide" is a practical likelihood in the U.S., but pretending it doesn't exist or ignoring rhetoric about it is wildly uninformed. The confiscation of white-owned property and the murder of the property owners in South Africa right now and previously in Zimbabwe are quite real. And this is not simply a result of apartheid; the practice is being condoned and encouraged by governments as a way of diverting attention and resources from disastrous economic policies.

Virtually every month brings a report of an academic calling for white genocide or colleges introducing coursework or policies that explicitly call for the marginalization, exclusion, or extinction of whites. Of course, most of this stuff is dreamed up by self-hating whites, but it's nonetheless disturbing and desensitizing.

Again, I don't agree with Gray Amother's concerns, but I have way, way less tolerance for the practice of exacerbating racism while decrying its existence.

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:28 pm
Fox wrote:
You are mistaken. I got upset with Orange Amother for claiming I was changing the subject -- her go-to accusation with me. I neither take seriously nor care about her half-baked theories that Republicans somehow twisted Gov. Northam's words.

Your claim that "Jews aren't white" is not agreed upon by any means. There are plenty of people who consider Jews white, including the organizers of the Women's March. You can disagree with them, of course, but simply stating it as a known fact is incorrect.

I don't think "white genocide" is a practical likelihood in the U.S., but pretending it doesn't exist or ignoring rhetoric about it is wildly uninformed. The confiscation of white-owned property and the murder of the property owners in South Africa right now and previously in Zimbabwe are quite real. And this is not simply a result of apartheid; the practice is being condoned and encouraged by governments as a way of diverting attention and resources from disastrous economic policies.

Virtually every month brings a report of an academic calling for white genocide or colleges introducing coursework or policies that explicitly call for the marginalization, exclusion, or extinction of whites. Of course, most of this stuff is dreamed up by self-hating whites, but it's nonetheless disturbing and desensitizing.

Again, I don't agree with Gray Amother's concerns, but I have way, way less tolerance for the practice of exacerbating racism while decrying its existence.

Sources please.

And isn't your defense of Gray the very same defense that Omar used today?

(Oh, and in using Hashem's designation. We are a distinct עם according to Him)

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:34 pm
Fox wrote:

You did change the topic.

But in any case, I'm very interested. Please point me in the direction on reports by academics in first-world countries calling for white genocide -- that is, the deliberate killing of a large number of people because they are white. Similarly, I'd like to read those reports by academics calling for the extinction of white people. And policies that call for the exclusion of white people from public places or public affairs.

Oh, and like Squishy, I pretty much figure that I'm white. I'll admit that its a complicated issue, though.

dancingqueen

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 6:37 pm
Her statements have been widely condemned. Her apology is disingenuous obviously.

ectomorph

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
You did change the topic.

But in any case, I'm very interested. Please point me in the direction on reports by academics in first-world countries calling for white genocide -- that is, the deliberate killing of a large number of people because they are white. Similarly, I'd like to read those reports by academics calling for the extinction of white people. And policies that call for the exclusion of white people from public places or public affairs.

Oh, and like Squishy, I pretty much figure that I'm white. I'll admit that its a complicated issue, though.
you clearly arent on twitter. Liberals especially activists regularly joke about white genocide

amother

Tan

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:18 pm
They did not strip her of committees

she gave an apology followed by "but..." we all know what that means, not an apology
"but we need to talk about AIPAC", yeah, AIPAC who comes in after like 50 other PACs -- non jewish so doncha worry

Why would we be more concerned about racism than about anti semitism -- why would we not all be up in arms about anti semitism! We have seen what can happen R"L.

we need to speak up for ourselves!!!!!

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:19 pm
ectomorph wrote:
you clearly arent on twitter. Liberals especially activists regularly joke about white genocide

I'm not on Twitter. Please post examples

simcha2

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:22 pm
amother wrote:
They did not strip her of committees

she gave an apology followed by "but..." we all know what that means, not an apology
but we need to talk about AIPAC, yeah, AIPAC who comes in after like 50 other PACs -- non jewish so doncha worry

we need to speak up for ourselves!!!!!

Why not apply Fox's prescription

Quote:

Replace Gray with Omar.

amother

Orange

Post  Mon, Feb 11 2019, 7:24 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Her statements have been widely condemned. Her apology is disingenuous obviously.

I don't know if disingenuous is the right word. I don't think that she understands that she's anti-Semitic, or that what she says is anti-Semitic. Which is obviously a problem.

Of course, the same can be said of others.

Like McCarthy. I mean, is saying that the Jews are trying to buy elections a problem?

Picture resized
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 7 View latest: 24h 48h 72h