Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
I am having a major health crisis
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next

smile18

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:10 am
Refuah sheleima. Davening for you

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:15 am
Refuah shlemah!

Skippy!!

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:17 am
Refuah shleima!!

ally

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:18 am
Thinking of you. I hope you find the right people to take care of you

monseymom25

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:19 am
Refua shelaima!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:21 am
If you need me to stop by with a meal and to visit, please let me know.

crust

Refuah shliema
Please let us know if we can be of any help.
Would you feel more secure having a liaison or something like that?

animeme

Davening.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:23 am
Hatzoula will only take me to the nearest hospital. I had to call them twice in the last two weeks. I also had a situation where I was flying in and needed to get to Columbia Presbyterian last year. Hatzoula wouldn't take me there except if I paid several hundred dollars, and then they couldn't get me past the line. If you are truly in crisis, take an ambulance to the nearest hospital. If you take a cab to the preferred hospital have you dr be prepared to have you admitted. City emergency rooms are zoos. You need to get out of them as quickly as possible.

I was a high priority admit in Columbia Presbyterian and they kept me in the ER 28 hours.

Edited to add. Call you doc, and see what he says. He can get you the hospital bed.

chmom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:26 am
Refuah sheleimah

ra_mom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
Hatzoula will only take me to the nearest hospital. I had to call them twice in the last two weeks. I also had a situation where I was flying in and needed to get to Columbia Presbyterian last year. Hatzoula wouldn't take me there except if I paid several hundred dollars, and then they couldn't get me past the line. If you are truly in crisis, take an ambulance to the nearest hospital. If you take a cab to the preferred hospital have you dr be prepared to have you admitted. City emergency rooms are zoos. You need to get out of them as quickly as possible.

I was a high priority admit in Columbia Presbyterian and they kept me in the ER 28 hours.

Edited to add. Call you doc, and see what he says. He can get you the hospital bed.

Hatzalah will not take anyone to Coney Island unless it's too risky to drive a little further to Maimo. It's too terrible a hospital.

They actually have an agreement with Maimonides and that is why they won't take to Manhattan.

happy to be me

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:35 am
I am hoping that by now you are already under proper medical care. Refuah sh'leima.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:37 am
I hope you called hatzala already. 718-230-1000. They will take good care of you. Refua shleima.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:38 am
Refuah Sheleimah!

amother
Lime

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 9:58 am
amother wrote:

First off I have dealt with hatzolah and they always took me where I needed to go. Columbia is hell to get a bed and hatzolah can’t get you past Er but 28 hours waiting for a bed is not bad we have had 48 hours and 72 hours for high priority.

tweek

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:00 am
Refuah sheleima! Hope you have gotten initial care by now. If you need assistance with figuring out what to do next, or connections to doctors or referrals, you can pm me. I do not live in NY but dh does have some connections that extend to there.

crust

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:05 am
amother wrote:
First off I have dealt with hatzolah and they always took me where I needed to go. Columbia is hell to get a bed and hatzolah can’t get you past Er but 28 hours waiting for a bed is not bad we have had 48 hours and 72 hours for high priority.

The point of going with Hatzalah is that they get you into the ER immediately verses if you go by yourself you can end up waiting for hours to be admitted to ER!

To get a bed sooner or get an MRI sooner you need someone like Chana Landau etc. Nothing with Hatzalah.

4pom

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:12 am
Refua shleima. Davening for good news

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:15 am
Hoping you have a refuah sheliamah!

(Off topic but outside Manhattan Hatzolahs are not permitted to take someone to manhattan based on agreements with the Hatzolah of Manhattan (unless there is a specific doctor that the patient has)

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Mar 17 2019, 10:17 am
crust wrote:
The point of going with Hatzalah is that they get you into the ER immediately verses if you go by yourself you can end up waiting for hours to be admitted to ER!

To get a bed sooner or get an MRI sooner you need someone like Chana Landau etc. Nothing with Hatzalah.

The wait to get into the ER was short. It was less than an hour. The ones brought in by ambulance were left in the hallway for hours. I watched them. They got no priority treatment. Besides I rather be sitting up than riding in a stretcher.

Do you think I didn't call her? She doesn't have a magic wand or any pull at least at Columbia Presbyterian to jump lines. What I needed was to be a current patient of a doctor with privileges at Columbia Presbyterian.

Her magic wand works in some places. She has very good information on which doctor to treat. Both her organization and my own research said Columbia Presbyterian was the best place.
Page 2 of 9   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed