Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
Artwork
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

gigi

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 9:27 pm
Thanx:) mostly colored pencil.. with some soft pastel in the background.

Beaautiful Cake MICKI!!! Very Happy

micki

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:16 pm
gigi your drawing are beautiful. you capture the essence of the animal.
my daughter is inspired by you.

the cake I made for a parshas noach siyum. its all edible except for the animals which I swiped from my sons plastic animal collection!

every year I make one and I wonder how many original ideas I can come up with!

shanie5

Post Thu, Jan 17 2008, 11:52 pm
hey micki, I made one one year-and use animal shaped cookie cutters to make animal cookies. my teyvah was 3d. wanna borrow my cookie cutters next year?

Earnest

Post Thu, Jan 24 2008, 8:20 pm
MahPitom, the 'location' you chose to describe your neighborhood is hilarious...in the cholent pot Wink Love it! There are artist's magazines for aspiring artists; American Artists, and The Artist's Magazine come to mind. Also, tons of cheap how-to books are available from Amazon (used books, but that doesn't matter). Also, the public library has how-to art books especially in the children's section. I love art. Making art is not as enjoyable as it once was The hardest thing for me is getting in a confident, relaxed mood, where I encourage myself to play. Judging myself is a hard habit to break. In art, mistakes are encouraged, and if the unexpected result is good, there is an expression for it: it's called a "happy accident". Sigh. Lately, when I hear the word 'accident', I think of a fender-bender. And when my kids were little...we all know what a toddler's 'accident' refers to. And it's not all that happy. Love to all aspiring artists out there!

GAMZu

Post Fri, Jan 25 2008, 12:53 am
Wow is all I can say!
All these are stunning.
I love, love, love to draw, but haven't had the time in a long while.
Ohbaby, that's great! Did you draw it for some purpose?
My drawing style is similar to yours. I like to make "cutesy" things with lots of details. My neighbor used to ask me to make posters for her kindergarten class, and when I taught myself, my 6th graders put me to work drawing during recess!

Earnest

Post Sat, Jan 26 2008, 8:25 pm
There is a great internet site for artists called wet canvas. It has tons of free instruction and demos.
For kids under 13, if you go on youtube and type in art instruction there's a lot of art projects for children that are kosher. Hugs and a gute vock to y'all.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 7:56 am
Miriamnechama, I'm posting your pictures here so it can be seen with all other artwork, hope you don't mind.

artwork.... hmmm... artwork, artwork, artwork.
so this is the story.
in eighth grade, I was the art editor for the yearbook.
I can draw nice but don't have the patience to it anymore like I used to.
I used to do sceneries for plays, nothing major, just our school play.
and I can't for the life of me draw ppl, faces or even stick figures, I can't draw a nose, mouth or eyes, that would even bear any resemblance of it.
gigi, can I also post pictures of things that I made? like cakes, and shalach manos and stuff? I know it's not artwork, just creative stuff, and I think I might have posted my artwork here alredy, I'll see if I can find it, otherwise, I'll just post it again.
I think the cakes and stuff that I did, I did not post, but I have them on prints and I can scan them in, it's just gonna take forever till I decide I have patience to go loook for the prints in my house, and then scan them in, upload them to photobucket and post them here.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 8:10 am
ok, here is some of my artwork

this is a bib I sewed for my friend's baby, it has her son's initials

I made this on the computer, but it's really not a big deal

An apron I made using iron on transfer papers

Another apron

This was the first time I made s/thing with photoshop (with the help of withhumor)

the following are some artwork I did in 11th grade

This is a cake that my sister made, but I took the picture

I'll post more if I find or scan some

miriamnechama

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 8:59 am
roxy you hav4e great stufff!! how did you get mine onto the thread?? you uploaded them again??

truth I don't mind... but maybe next time um pm me before??

creativemommyto3

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 9:10 am
I can't see the pictures b/c of my filter. any ideas?

gigi

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 10:24 am
that bib is so pretty Roxy!
and your houses are so strait!
you, know it's funny, I can draw animals, even people.., but a house with strait lines.. doesn't work for me Confused
my houses come out kinda crooked.
so I stick with animals Very Happy

gigi

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 10:47 am

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 3:33 pm
I apologize MiriamNechama, I did actually thought about pming you before posting it, but I was in a bit of a rush, and didn't have much patience.
I was wrong and I hope you can forgive me.
I right clicked on the picture from the other post, then I clicked on save picture as, and saved it on my desktop, and then I uploaded them to photobucket and copied the IMG url here.
sorry, chatasi, antshuldigt.
I hope I can sleep tonight.

Purple Hug Bunny

Post Wed, Feb 06 2008, 4:01 pm
here are some more.

I made this quite a few years back, maybe 7 years ago, for a friends upsherin

This is a Challah cover that I made from plastic tablecloth, I drew on it and made fringes.

I made this cake for a graduation about 4-5 years ago

I made this duck from fruits a few years ago for Shalach Manos (the idea is not mine, I had seen it at my outlaws house by a simcha.

The story behind this sign, when I was in tenth grade or eleventh, I was in camp for a week, and the staff went on a trip, I didn't want to go, so I was the only staff that stayed there and I was bored so I made a welcome back sign, we were logos (lazy, nothing doing ppl) but we called ourselves the lego club, so I drew a bunch of legos and put every staff member's name in another lego

This was the first time I made Challos

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 7:24 am
Purple Rox! wrote:
I apologize MiriamNechama, I did actually thought about pming you before posting it, but I was in a bit of a rush, and didn't have much patience.
I was wrong and I hope you can forgive me.
I right clicked on the picture from the other post, then I clicked on save picture as, and saved it on my desktop, and then I uploaded them to photobucket and copied the IMG url here.
sorry, chatasi, antshuldigt.
I hope I can sleep tonight.

it's fine you can sleep.

good job you tlold me the trick... now I'm more careful what I put up.

hmm I ended up taking down teh picture of myself.... I'm not sure if I want that going round the internet LOL Wink

zigi

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 3:27 pm
wow!! everyones art work is breathtaking! and the cakes look yummy, and also the challah!

gigi

Post Thu, Feb 07 2008, 4:28 pm
Roxy, I love that duck!
and your challos look really nice Very Happy

here is another picture I made a few years ago.
never quite finished it.... but here it is...

Ruchel

Post Sun, Feb 10 2008, 5:44 pm
oh, this is the drawing thread!
I'll have to post here too!

Seraph

Post Mon, Feb 11 2008, 11:15 am
Heres a painting I made...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Feb 18 2008, 11:30 am
a pic of dd made out of... pics of dd

(by dh, on the comp)

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics