Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
Would you want to know if....
Previous  1  2  3  Next

Clarissa

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 10:55 pm
I'd want to know. And then I'd change my name, to be anonymous again. I'd return as the mysterious...Flarissa. Or Zarissa.

mimivan

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 10:58 pm
Absolutely. A friend told me she recognized my anonymous posts. Now I am careful about posting amother.

Would you want a friend to tell you your skirt was see-through so you can avoid embarrassment? Yes, yes!

Squash

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 11:03 pm
Nicole wrote:
I would want to know through pm. I found out who someone was on the site, and I let her know bec I don't think it's fair to her that someone out there knows her and is reading what she's writing about her life without her knowing that this person knows who she is... does anyone understand me?
Thumbs Up

momluv

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 11:06 pm
yup. same here. if anyone knows me, pm me and let me know please.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 11:36 pm
same here

peach

Post Thu, Dec 13 2007, 11:42 pm
So I have a question...People who give out a LOT of personal info, and post pics of themselves and their children, don't you assume that you are not anonymous?

I mean, if I posted pics of my family, I'd probably assume that people would recognize us and know who I am, even if they don't necessarily know me well IRL. In that case, I'd be nervous to post anything personal under my sn.

I'm just asking cuz I see that some of the people who say "I'd definitely want to know" have pics. So do you want to know out of curiosity or would you really change anything cuz of it?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 12:49 am
I once wrote something very personal anonymously, and I didn't think anyone would figure me out. It turns out I found out from someone else what I had posted. It has been openly discussed amongst people. I can't face this person who gossiped to everyone about me. I was really embarrassed.

I'd probably prefer not to know, because what you don't know can't hurt you. It makes you think twice before gossiping . Rolling Eyes

chavamom

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 1:25 am
I doubt it's much of a secret who I am. Come on! I posted a link to my nursing license recently. Doesn't take much detective work there.

drumjj

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 2:31 am
I would like to know as long as u tell me who u r

Seraph

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 3:00 am
I'd want to know, just out of curiosity.
I figured out 3 ppl on here- pmed them and asked them "are you mrs. ___". I actually had 2 other ppl that I thought I figured out but I didnt...

BennysMommy

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 3:15 am
I'd want to know. If anyone knows me, you can PM me. But not if you're going to say I know u but I can't tell u who I am. That would be annoying. To answer peach's question...whoever does know me IRL would for sure know who I am based on my sn and avatar and all the pics I post. That's why when I have to post something anonymously, I post as amother.

GAMZu

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 3:50 am
I'd really want to know, too!
I guess I'm one of the obvious ones, since I don't leave many secrets as to my identity. But not everyone realizes right away, even given personal details and pictures. But if anyone does realize they know me IRL, please let me know!

ILOVELIFE and I realized we know each other because I mentioned my chasidus, and we realized we go to the same shul. I posted many other give-away details, but this is the one that made it click.

Many people don't follow all posts on here so precisely that they should figure out someone right away.

MartyB

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 4:50 am
drumjj wrote:
I would like to know as long as u tell me who u r

Same here!
I'm actually curious if/ who's figured me out. Please pm me!!

And btw, I also don't know RivkA Smile

yersp

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 9:59 am
To the people who claim to know me in real life ( you know who you are, should I be specific who I mean? Twisted Evil ) I'd really appreciate if you would tell me who you really are.

louche

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 10:06 am
I would want to know.

DefyGravity

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 10:10 am
I'd want to know as well. When I figure someone out, I always send them a PM to let them know.

Even though people are kidding themselves if they think they're truly anonymous, it's still good to let people know that their "anonymouty" has been compromised because maybe they'll decide to watch what they say.

yersp

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 10:17 am
Squash wrote:
Nicole wrote:
I would want to know through pm. I found out who someone was on the site, and I let her know bec I don't think it's fair to her that someone out there knows her and is reading what she's writing about her life without her knowing that this person knows who she is... does anyone understand me?
Thumbs Up

so squash, since you agree with nicole, follow through. Otherwise, arent you being a hypocrite?

amother

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 11:49 am
OP here
I'm still waiting, poster did not respond yet.
Do you think I should PM her anyway?

Maya

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 12:07 pm
Yes, I think you should.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Fri, Dec 14 2007, 12:12 pm
I think u got more than enough yesses to go by.
just do it, and stop thinking about it so much.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics