Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Where can I buy a 29 DDD bra?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
To be clear, I don't want a chassidish place. I don't believe in minimizers as they damage breast tissue. I want a normal secular place that is not Frederick's of Hollywood type either.

Wow- really? Never heard of that. How? Even if its not underwire? I go for regular exams- never was told my tissue is damaged!

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:32 am
aricelli wrote:
Wow- really? Never heard of that. How? Even if its not underwire? I go for regular exams- never was told my tissue is damaged!

They do the damage over time. Did you specifically ask your doctor this? Tell him you wear minimizer bras. Some are very bad because of the way they compress breasts.

I chose to avoid minimizers because of the potential damage. Besides, why should DD be ashamed of how Hashem made her?

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
They do the damage over time. Did you specifically ask your doctor this? Tell him you wear minimizer bras. Some are very bad because of the way they compress breasts.

I chose to avoid minimizers because of the potential damage. Besides, why should DD be ashamed of how Hashem made her?

Will definately look into this! As for shame to wearing a minimizer - there is none. If there would be, I would go bra-less like hashem created me. I think its ok to wear things that flatter me. The minimizer can never take away whats there: it just shapes me differently. Works for me! Ok if it doesnt work for you

crbc

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:53 am
Figleaves.com has huge assortment of sizes. Good luck! Also just wanted to comment re : minimizers - good for you and your daughter! I cannot understand frum community's obsession w minimizers. Whenever I shop in a jewish store, I am constantly being asked if I want a minimizer, and even if I say I do not , inevitably saleslady brings me one just to try 😯

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 11:54 am
aricelli wrote:
Will definately look into this! As for shame to wearing a minimizer - there is none. If there would be, I would go bra-less like hashem created me. I think its ok to wear things that flatter me. The minimizer can never take away whats there: it just shapes me differently. Works for me! Ok if it doesnt work for you

I totally agree with wearing what flatters one. Right now, DD wears baggy clothes versus tight fitting as do all her peers. If she started wearing blouses or something similar, then I would revisit this.

From speaking with a gynecologist friend and doing some reading on this, some minimizers are more damaging than others. There are some that redistribute breast tissue. They aren't as bad as the ones that compress.

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:00 pm
amother wrote:
I totally agree with wearing what flatters one. Right now, DD wears baggy clothes versus tight fitting as do all her peers. If she started wearing blouses or something similar, then I would revisit this.

From speaking with a gynecologist friend and doing some reading on this, some minimizers are more damaging than others. There are some that redistribute breast tissue. They aren't as bad as the ones that compress.

Wow! Ok- I learn something new each day! Good luck again

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:05 pm
crbc wrote:
Figleaves.com has huge assortment of sizes. Good luck! Also just wanted to comment re : minimizers - good for you and your daughter! I cannot understand frum community's obsession w minimizers. Whenever I shop in a jewish store, I am constantly being asked if I want a minimizer, and even if I say I do not , inevitably saleslady brings me one just to try 😯

Sorry, they don't have her size either. DD is petite sized. The 29 seems to be the problem rather than the DDD cup.

I also never heard of this minimizers except in the frum community. I don't want my daughter feeling like her body isn't normal.

I really appreciate every suggestion.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:06 pm
amother wrote:

Who’s talking about shame? I choose to wear a minimizer because it flatters me and makes me look thinner.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:08 pm
aricelli wrote:
Wow! Ok- I learn something new each day! Good luck again

Thanks. I think I need a place that will custom build a normal modest bra.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:13 pm
amother wrote:
Who’s talking about shame? I choose to wear a minimizer because it flatters me and makes me look thinner.

I am talking about DD and her being ashamed. She's a teenager, and they get self- conscious. I know I was. DD doesn't need to look any thinner because she is already quite thin.

I am not sure how minimizing your breasts make you look thinner anywhere else anyway.

aricelli

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:
I am talking about DD and her being ashamed. She's a teenager, and they get self- conscious. I know I was. DD doesn't need to look any thinner because she is already quite thin.

I am not sure how minimizing your breasts make you look thinner anywhere else anyway.

Like I said before: I cannot buy a sweater that fits both my chest and my waist. So a minimizer lets me buy a smaller size sweater that fitsmy waist- otherwise I cannot close the buttons
Also- theres another thread about bras- I said there every outfit needs a different shape bra. I wear a regular bra under a dress or suit and a minimizer gives me a softer shape under a tee or sweater-
I understand this is about your daughter- but you did ask how a minimizer would make one look skinnier so I’m giving my personal perspective

crbc

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:21 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry, they don't have her size either. DD is petite sized. The 29 seems to be the problem rather than the DDD cup.

I also never heard of this minimizers except in the frum community. I don't want my daughter feeling like her body isn't normal.

I really appreciate every suggestion.

What about 28DDD/E or 28F ? They figleaves.com have 28 and 30 in all cup sizes.

amother
White

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 12:39 pm
I only wear minimizer a because regular bras don't fit my shape.
A minimizer is actually how my shape is. A regular one ends up cutting me in in places it shouldn't and the front of the cup is empty!
Once the lady wanted me to put in a special padding so id fit in a "regular" bra. I was like Can't Believe It

Minimizes really just different softer rounder shapes.
You can size down and then it's unhealthy. But if it fits right?
My minimizer bra is super comfy.
And I'm saying that as a small 32B. I wore the same before I had kids and I was a 30A.....
Now I'm pregnant, I got the same thing in a 34D. But it's the same kind. It's just a shape.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 1:57 pm
Why do you assume that minimizer=shame? The only reason she'd associate it with shame is if you project that feeling to her. If anything, I think that running around to so many stores and see that nobody carries her size, would be more likely to make her feel like there's something wrong with her.

imokay

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:12 pm
I don't know if they make that size (I know they make 30E) but I have found that prima donna bras, though expensive, are such a great fit for narrow shoulders and big busts but otherwise small women.
You can buy on Amazon to try.

grilledcheese

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 2:53 pm
Been there done that for many years and later BH I got a breast reduction. Honestly you're probably not going to find anything locally and if you do your options will be very slim unless the stores order in for you. Your best bet is to order on Amazon, in my experience. Depends of course on what your DD is looking for (very high coverage underwire sports bra, or less, etc) but to get you started here's one option available in 30ddd.
https://www.amazon.com/Wacoal-.....psc=1

If your DD doesn't like it then you can return to Amazon and try another one. Bhatzlacha.

amother
Ivory

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:02 pm
amother wrote:

By all means a self conscious teenage should wear a minimizer if she wants to looks smaller. It doesn’t cause shame to wear a minimizer though, being bigger than your peers is what causes shame-it shouldn’t but it does.

And yes wearing a minimizer bra makes you look thinner if your not thin especially if you’re big busted and short.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:03 pm
She might have to go up to 30. My ribcage actually measures 28 but I wear 30 anyways. 30E or DDD for reference. I have bought on fig leaves but I don't like the unpadded cups which seems to be European style. I found one great Wacoal and I keep buying it on ebay. Wacoal la femme contour bra, I vary btwn 30DD and 30DDD, it is a typical t-shirt, lightly padded (not inserts but enough for protection) have been buying for years

A wonderful shop which may not be in your area is My Intimacy (I see it's been renamed rigby and peller) which are expert bra fitters. I have no idea why people keep recommending Nordstrom, never had a good fitting experience there.

Surprisingly I once got an amazing fit at somewhere in BP, myself lingerie? I doubt that fitter is still there, it was over 4y ago.

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:10 pm
amother wrote:
To be clear, I don't want a chassidish place. I don't believe in minimizers as they damage breast tissue. I want a normal secular place that is not Frederick's of Hollywood type either.

There's no basis for your belief. Minimizers simply distribute the breast tissue in a different way through the cup.

I've also never heard of a 29 band size; its usually 28 or 30.

All of that aside, Bare Necessities will have what you need. https://www.barenecessities.co.....7.htm

They have a smaller selection of 28 DDD

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Apr 01 2019, 3:10 pm
Linda the Bra Lady in NYC can customize something perfect for you

I don't work for her lol
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics