Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How does your face look good on Shabbos and Yomtov?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Black

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:35 am
Anyone have a good tried and true waterproof eyeliner and mascara to recommend?

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:37 am
amother wrote:

Stila smudgestick eyeliner
Dior mascara

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:45 am
You need a daily skincare routine! Start now and keep it up. You will see brighter, healthier, glowier, more lifted skin
For shabbos and y"t- try tinting your lashes and brows, or even getting lash extensions so you dont have to bother with liner and mascara. Get some shabbos makeup- blush, lipstick, highlighter - to help your face look bright and refreshed.

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:47 am
amother wrote:

If u want to go drugstore- Rimmel London waterproof liquid eyeliner, Loreal butterfly waterproof mascara

Ruchel

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:30 am
extensions are an upkeep and have to be re-done for mikve or removed and redone. I have fake nails (again) and yeah

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
Where can I get these products oot? Would target have?

Lol. None of these are "Jewish" or "in-town" products. Wherever u buy makeup, you'll find these products.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 12:10 pm
honeymoon wrote:
On shabbos?

Mostly YT since that’s when I go out

amother
Aqua

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 2:44 pm
where can I get shabbos Makeup in monsey area?

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 3:39 pm
amother wrote:
8 layers, mostly of products I never heard of?! Is this what all the pretty people do? Nobody like me who gets out of the shower 5 minutes before Shabbos?

They aren’t necessarily pretty, they just wear a lot of make up. 🙂

I get out of the shower just before Shabbos too and don’t need all that stuff. My DH hates it anyway. Oh and OP, it’s not about age. I am nearly 50. Very Happy

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 3:46 pm
amother wrote:
No need to waste tears on me I’m fine. I don’t mind.

You should mind IMHO. You don’t want your DH to find you beautiful just as you are?

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:05 pm
I apply primer & let it dry completely. Them I apply concealer, foundation, and blush. Let it set. After 1/2 hour to an hour, I apply a second layer of everything and let it set again. Then spray my face with hair spary. I don't put too many layers of long lasting lipstic because too many layers will peel. Not more than 2 layers. Waterproof mascara. The first day yom tov it lasts fine, second day its still there but not so nice. I apply translucent powder.

champagne

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:16 pm
amother wrote:
You should mind IMHO. You don’t want your DH to find you beautiful just as you are?

How presumptuous. What if a husband doesn’t want his wife to wear makeup? Is that ok with you? People have arrangements in their marriage that work for them, which is great. If someone is not asking for help, don’t get in the way of their shalom bayis.

cuffs

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
where can I get shabbos Makeup in monsey area?

I believe limage by wesley has.
I also think that my eyes are the most important and I try to put on extra by me eyes so at least it will last the next day.
I do think that fake lashes would actually be amazing for yt! They last and make a big difference. But I doubt I would manage to have time erev yt to get it done.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:48 pm
champagne wrote:
How presumptuous. What if a husband doesn’t want his wife to wear makeup? Is that ok with you? People have arrangements in their marriage that work for them, which is great. If someone is not asking for help, don’t get in the way of their shalom bayis.

Ok, I’ll wait for the post where she writes about her abusive, controlling husband who refuses to let her leave the house without make-up.

amother
Beige

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 5:52 pm
Not to mention, making her break halacha by applying make up on YT.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:52 pm
amother wrote:
I am sorry your DH “insists” you do this. Sounds very unhealthy to me. Crying

Come on.
My DH is the best person in the world Thank g-d, but also asks me to wear makeup (even in the house).
I do it gladly, because he makes me happy and I love him and I want to make him happy in return.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:54 pm
champagne wrote:

Exactly. Why do you wear nice clothes?
Why don’t you wear a garbage bag? Don’t you want your husband to like you the way you are?

People, myself included, have faces that are far from pretty, and some nice makeup enhances the face to a beautiful level.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, I’ll wait for the post where she writes about her abusive, controlling husband who refuses to let her leave the house without make-up.

You’ll be waiting a while Rolling Laughter

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:13 pm
amother wrote:
Come on.
My DH is the best person in the world Thank g-d, but also asks me to wear makeup (even in the house).
I do it gladly, because he makes me happy and I love him and I want to make him happy in return.

So in your own home, you are never allowed to be naturally beautiful? I do feel sorry for you.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:14 pm
amother wrote:
Exactly. Why do you wear nice clothes?
Why don’t you wear a garbage bag? Don’t you want your husband to like you the way you are?

People, myself included, have faces that are far from pretty, and some nice makeup enhances the face to a beautiful level.

And some people, myself included, accept that they can be naturally beautiful without make-up.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics