Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How does your face look good on Shabbos and Yomtov?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:16 pm
Amother blue, so you're being mechalel shabbis because your DH likes when you wear makeup??? Care to explain how this is ok?

amother
White

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:39 pm
amother wrote:
Come on.
My DH is the best person in the world Thank g-d, but also asks me to wear makeup (even in the house).
I do it gladly, because he makes me happy and I love him and I want to make him happy in return.

Why does he ask that? Do you have bad skin?

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 7:57 pm
amother wrote:
Amother firebrick, so you're being mechalel shabbis because your DH likes when you wear makeup??? Care to explain how this is ok?

Ummm I’m not firebrick but you probably mean me. No I don’t care to explain how this is ok. I don’t owe you an explanation.
Dh wants it, I don’t mind either way, so I do it.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:02 pm
amother wrote:
Ummm I’m not firebrick but you probably mean me. No I don’t care to explain how this is ok. I don’t owe you an explanation.
Dh wants it, I don’t mind either way, so I do it.

My DH wants me to eat bacon cheeseburgers, I don’t mind either way, so I do it.

<hypothetical>

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:03 pm
Amother blue, yeah I did mean you. I edited my post. You don't "mind" it??? It's chilul shabbos! My DH likes and wants lots of things, having a wife a mechalel shabbos is not one of them! You apply makeup on shabbos when you go out because DH likes it, but in the house he doesn't care if you wear makeup or not?? Do either of you have yiras shamayim???

seeker

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:21 pm
Dear G-d is there no safe topic to ask about?
Can't a bunch of ladies handle just talking about makeup?
This is incredible.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:29 pm
amother wrote:
Amother blue, yeah I did mean you. I edited my post. You don't "mind" it??? It's chilul shabbos! My DH likes and wants lots of things, having a wife a mechalel shabbos is not one of them! You apply makeup on shabbos when you go out because DH likes it, but in the house he doesn't care if you wear makeup or not?? Do either of you have yiras shamayim???

Do we? Well, I guess you’ll never know will you. Does my private life bother you?
Let me add the dh walks down the street on YT and every woman he sees has a perfectly made-up face. So he wants me to look the same. And I refuse to put on ten layers and sleep with them no less. Yuck!

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:33 pm
It bothers me that a fellow jewish sister is declaring her chilul shabbos so proudly and unabashedly.
You're being mechalel shabbos because you're uncomfortable sleeping with makeup on??? Many of the hilchos shabbos are uncomfortable for us, yet we keep shabbos.
And your DH should keep his eyes to himself on the street and not go oberserving how other women look.
Seeker, we can talk about makeup, but not about women being mechalel shabbos.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:33 pm
amother wrote:
Do we? Well, I guess you’ll never know will you. Does my private life bother you?
Let me add the dh walks down the street on YT and every woman he sees has a perfectly made-up face. So he wants me to look the same. And I refuse to put on ten layers and sleep with them no less. Yuck!

Your private life is really meant to be private. You can't expect to casually post that you don't mind regularly violating halacha without also expecting some people to be very taken aback.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:45 pm
amother wrote:

I’d rather be “yuck” than mechalel shabbos 🤷🏼‍♀️

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 8:59 pm
Back to the topic, yes, your dh probably sees many women with faces made up as if they just put on makeup. I wonder do they really have it from erev??

My susters face will look exactly like she just put on makeup even on 3rd day of yom tov!! Shes very insecure and shell never tell me her secret. But, my other sister who came to my house and went to shul (while I was home with kids) saw many women with tons of makeup on. She asked me how its possible. I am wondering the same and I do know once a rabbi said some women have admitted to him how big a nisayon it is and do put on makeup on yimtov/shabbat. He said its a big avera.

Truthfully, im insecure about my face bec. I have a skin condition but if everyonelse is "baring" their faces(like at friday night mikva), then at least I wont feel so bad. However, since majority of women have what seems like a freshly madeup face even on a third day of a 3 day yom tov, its hard to be "barefaced and face them"". Obviously, a lot of women are insecure and are afraid to be seen without makeup on.

Im sure if you buy very expensive products (that really stay put) and if you sleep a certain way....etc....yes, maybe itll stay on for most of shabbat but for a 2 or 3 day yomtov??? Something doesnt add up.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:17 pm
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....rt=40

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:19 pm
I have a unique idea. Instead of turning this into the latest harangue. Let's discuss makeup, the original topic.

I would love to know what people think is the longest lasting mascara.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:21 pm
Blinc mascara stays for more than two days.
Covergirl or revlon 24 hour lipstick. Put on two coats and don’t use the moisturizer side. For your face - wash well, use a toner and then a good moisturizer that you like. On top of that put a lightly tinted moisturizer. Takes about 10 minutes. Lasts for two days. By the third day maybe, but by then who cares anymore.
Buy a mister like Cactus Flower & Tibetan Ginseng Hydrating Mist and spritz to refresh your face.

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:29 pm
Where do you people live that you see women with perfectly made up faces on shabbos and yom tov?? I do don't see that in my community.
When I have a shabbos simcha and sometimes for Yom tov, I have my face professionally air brushed with tattoo makeup that does not come off unless you scrub it. It looks perfect on the 3rd morning of yom tov. Maybe these women you're seeing use tattoo grade makeup that lasts for days? Or they have good skin that doesn't eat up their makeup.

amother
Blue

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:37 pm
amother wrote:
Where do you people live that you see women with perfectly made up faces on shabbos and yom tov?? I do don't see that in my community.
When I have a shabbos simcha and sometimes for Yom tov, I have my face professionally air brushed with tattoo makeup that does not come off unless you scrub it. It looks perfect on the 3rd morning of yom tov. Maybe these women you're seeing use tattoo grade makeup that lasts for days? Or they have good skin that doesn't eat up their makeup.

Williamsburg

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:48 pm
I'm from Williamsburg and I do not see tons of women with perfectly made up faces on shabbos and yom tov.
Many women with good skin seem like their face is made up.
And if a Williamsburg man (or any man) goes around shabbos and yom tov observing women's faces, then he's got a problem. He doesn't want you to wear makeup because he likes it, he wants you to wear makeup because he wants you to look like the women he "batracts" on the street.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 9:53 pm
amother wrote:

Clearly she doesn’t have to much Yiras shamayim. But how is that your business? You worry about yourself and let her worry about herself.

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:05 pm
amother wrote:
I have a unique idea. Instead of turning this into the latest harangue. Let's discuss makeup, the original topic.

Yes please I agree

studying_torah

Post Sun, Apr 07 2019, 10:07 pm
I think it's harder on oily skin; even my professionally done wedding & shabbos sheva brochos makeup didn't last all the way thru.
OP, try shabbos makeup (the face powder never helped me) but the lipstick & eye powders made a big difference to me.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics