Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which smells drive you crazy?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

merrygold

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:16 am
Really it's all fine, Dankbar. It's just fun to kvetch sometimes Smile

ra_mom

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:19 am
Fish. Employees should know to rinse out any cans of tuna they use before throwing it out - otherwise the smell permeates all day from the garbage.

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:29 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Raw onions. One of my bosses used to eat raw onions in his daily salad and I literally got a headache from the strength of the smell.

Oh yes. I was thinking that pretty much any smell that lingers beyond the time it's being eaten is off limits. But raw onion is just intolerable to me. The only lingering smells I don't mind are coffee (as long as it doesn't smell stale) and citrus.

Emotional

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:32 am
There is something about the smell of any canned fish - tuna, sardines, salmon, etc. - that fills me with anger! And tears... I take it very personally. Unreasonable, I know...

4everhappy

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:39 am
Falafel, fish and eggs Shame on you

Tzutzie

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:40 am
Fish and eggs. And pumpkin spice.
And vomit.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:43 am
My coworkers brings salmon every day which literally makes me barf. I like salmon but she must use some interesting spice. I cannot tolerate raw onions either.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:46 am
Wow this thread is making me appreciate that I don't have a sense of smell. (Didn't have since birth)

Learning

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 9:52 am
merrygold wrote:
Amother Denim, are you saying you don't like the smell of coffee? For me, that's the best office smell!
And Rappel- chocolate is a smell that's great everywhere.

Just curious what is Rappel-chocolate?

soundofsilence

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:06 am
Turquoise wrote:
This really made me laugh thanks LOL LOL
Personally some of my non Jewish co workers eat some very ethnic strong smelling foods that I get very nauseous from I'll usually try to step out then.
Am I the only one that can for crazy from Co workers eating loudly next to me I have a co worker who munches on celery, carrot sticks ,etc VERY LOUDLY drives me CRAZY

Same here. I don't mind smells at all but I can't deal with the sounds of my coworkers crunching and sucking and chewing and smacking their lips. I usually plug in my headphones and listen to music when I hear anyone starting to eat. Sefira is hard for me!

Emotional

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:12 am
Learning wrote:
Just curious what is Rappel-chocolate?

She was addressing a screen name, Ms. Rappel 😁

chicco

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:17 am
Cumin. Why anyone wants their food to taste like sweaty unshowered man is beyond me.

Emotional

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:28 am
chicco wrote:
Cumin. Why anyone wants their food to taste like sweaty unshowered man is beyond me.

Is that what sweaty unshowered men smell like? Falafel?

chicco

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:30 am
Cumin smells like body odor too me. The same smell you encounter when one has not showered in way too long.

Emotional

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:33 am
chicco wrote:
Cumin smells like body odor too me. The same smell you encounter when one has not showered in way too long.

I will never look at falafel the same way again...😬

EMEN

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:36 am
I can't stand the smell of corn chips.

aricelli

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:38 am
Rappel-chocolate!!! And unshowered men!!!! I’m laughing so hard

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:41 am
Speaking as someone who has hyper smelling problems, I have to say the worst time of my life was when I worked at an office with a guy whose clothing smelled like mold and as though he hadn’t washed him or his laundry in six months. plus he was uncontrolled, non compliant diabetic and smelled like acetone, plus he had horrible, horrible breath. I could literally smell him from across the office. Also another coworker was an alcoholic. That was the worst four months of my life. Mold in strong concentration ( like someone using a Moldy mop) has made me physically throw up in addition to being one of my only asthma triggers left.

In general, almost everything fake smelling makes me gag or have an an allergic reaction. Perfumes in detergents, softeners, soaps, and actual perfumes can all be horrible for me. It’s unpredictable what I’ll react to, so if I’m reacting I have to get out.

Foods don’t bother me as much these days. I’m thinking it’s rude to microwave strong smelling things in an office. Personally, I can’t stand the smell of fresh bread anymore, even when I make it. Or, at the movie theatre, the smell of popcorn also bugs me after the first two minutes. Microwave popcorn in an office- ugh.

I could never get sick of the smell of meat grilling.

aricelli

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:46 am
You know that smell when you dont put the laundry into the dryer quick enough-
Thats an ichy smell!

aricelli

Post Thu, May 09 2019, 10:47 am
Even worse: apple cider vinegar!!!! Yech. I should know. I’m using it to get rid of a wart near my nose.
Page 2 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics