Home

White supremacy is terrorism
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

ectomorph

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:53 am
allthingsblue wrote:
I'm sorry but facts are facts. All of the terrorist attacks listed in the article were indeed white supremacist terror attacks.
Even if muslims commit more terrorist attacked (I don't know if they do or don't), we still cannot ignore the terror threat from white supremacists.

How fascinating. No Norwegian has committed any rapes in Oslo for years: https://www.jamillblogs.com/20.....L0&m=1

allthingsblue

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 11:55 am
ectomorph wrote:
How fascinating. No Norwegian has committed any rapes in Oslo for years: https://www.jamillblogs.com/20.....L0&m=1

I don't get what you posted or the relevancy and I have no idea if that's a mainstream site.

urban gypsy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 12:02 pm
Squishy wrote:
This is part of marginalizing religious Judeo/Christian folks.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUDEO CHRISITIAN VALUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banging head

That term is a modern political invention designed to yoke together voting blocs with opposing interests. Your grandparents from the shtetl who spent their lives running from pogroms would turn over in their graves laughing at the idea of Judeo Christian values!

https://www.abc.net.au/religio.....n/10810554

Ravenclaw

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:02 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
It feels wrong. Regular white people would never include us among them.
To me it feels ridiculous and delusional to check "white" on the census box.

I don't like checking race just because I feel it is none of the government's business. As DrMom said, there is way too much emphasis on race, and this is my way of protesting that.

dancingqueen

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 1:54 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
It drives me up the wall that people are incapable of holding more than one concept in their brains at one time. UP THE WALL!!!!!!!!!!!! Punch

Yup. Is it so hard to admit that both terrorism from the right and Muslim terrorists are both dangerous??

https://www.washingtonpost.com.....e1c7f34f84

Cheiny

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:22 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Just gonna leave this here..

Indeed but for some people it’s not pc to state the truth....

Cheiny

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:23 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/04/03/world/white-extremist-terrorism-christchurch.html

Quoting The NY Times says it all,

Squishy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:24 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS JUDEO CHRISITIAN VALUES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banging head

That term is a modern political invention designed to yoke together voting blocs with opposing interests. Your grandparents from the shtetl who spent their lives running from pogroms would turn over in their graves laughing at the idea of Judeo Christian values!

https://www.abc.net.au/religio.....n/10810554

We don't have opposing interests in modern day America. We both support family values and private schooling. I find myself often in agreement with Christians stressing traditional family values. I don't agree with same gender marriages for instance or abortion as casual birth control. I supported the Christain Baker who didn't want to make a wedding cake for gay couples. I supported the county clerk who didn't want to sign marriage certificates for same gender couples. Many of their concepts of their god and Hashem are similar.

When, and if, pogroms and the holocaust come to America, our interests will deviate. But right now if yoking us together as can get us tuition vouchers, I will be grateful. If yoking us together can kick biological men out of the ladies room, I am all for that.

JoyInTheMorning

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:35 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Again, the article is biased and I ask you to cite an article that looks at both statistics. But I will point out that the biggest attack was in 2011 when Obama was president. In fact, it seems like these attacks have gone down since Trump became president. I wonder why that is?

OMG, how have you not been called out for this amazingly wrong post?

The biggest attack, 9-11, happened on September 11, 2001. George W Bush was president.

Here is a link to the article in Wikipedia, just in case you don't believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_11_attacks

Where do you get your "facts"?

urban gypsy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:35 pm
Squishy wrote:
We don't have opposing interests in modern day America. We both support family values and private schooling. I find myself often in agreement with Christians stressing traditional family values. I don't agree with same gender marriages for instance or abortion as casual birth control. I supported the Christain Baker who didn't want to make a wedding cake for gay couples. I supported the county clerk who didn't want to sign marriage certificates for same gender couples. Many of their concepts of their god and Hashem are similar.

When, and if, pogroms and the holocaust come to America, our interests will deviate. But right now if yoking us together as can get us tuition vouchers, I will be grateful. If yoking us together can kick biological men out of the ladies room, I am all for that.

You beautifully elucidated the argument of conservative Jews who believe that a mutual hatred of gays and Muslims is reason enough to get into bed with white Nationalists. It's all fun and games until the same laws that forbid the hijab will outlaw the kippah and things will go onward from there. I don't support same gender marriage or abortion as birth control either, but in a democracy I think Jews need to support equality for everyone and not be lulled into a false belief that Jews are the "good" minority that white Nationalists are okay with. Judeo Christian my eye... they hate us.

JoyInTheMorning

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:38 pm
1untamedgirl wrote:
Thats another issue. We are allowed to blame Trump for white people actions but we couldnt blame Obama for Muslims actions--

Picture resized

This is the kind of double standards that is making people angry and should def stop before things get worse.

Why would anybody blame Obama for what Muslims do? Obama is a Christian.

From Wikipedia:

Quote:

Barack Obama is a Protestant Christian. While in his twenties, Obama was involved with the Black churches. From 1992 until 2008, he was a member of the Trinity United Church of Christ—a Reformed denomination. Obama left it in the wake of the Jeremiah Wright controversy. Since 2008, he attends various Protestant churches, including Baptist, Methodist and Episcopalian churches.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:39 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Indeed but for some people it’s not pc to state the truth....

The person who murdered 11 Jews at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 2 people outside an Overland Park JCC was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 1, and shot others, at a Chabad in Poway was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 9 people in a Charleston church was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 49 people and hurt 500 more in Las Vegas was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 3 people injured 23 others in a string of mail bombings was not a Muslim

The people who bombed the courthouse in Oklahoma City , murdering 168 people and injuring almost 700 more, were not Muslims

The person who planted a bomb at the Olympic Park was not a Muslim

Shall I continue?

urban gypsy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:42 pm
Because his name is Barack Hussein and he is an undercover Muslim mole *pretending* to be a Christian! How are you so easily fooled JoyInTheMorning? Get with the program!
/SARCASM Can't Believe It

Cheiny

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:50 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
Because his name is Barack Hussein and he is an undercover Muslim mole *pretending* to be a Christian! How are you so easily fooled JoyInTheMorning? Get with the program!
/SARCASM Can't Believe It

Speaking of easily fooled: his father was a muslim, muslims take their religion from the father, he wrote in his book about the wonderful sounds he’d wake up to (the muslim calls to prayer), there are pictures of him at his brother’s wedding in full muslim garb, his first foreign visit as Pres was to Egypt, not deeming it worthy to visit Israel, and all his actions vis a vis Israel spoke for themselves. It’s clear to see (to anyone who’s honest and open minded) where his sympathies lie.

Cheiny

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 2:52 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
The person who murdered 11 Jews at the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 1, and shot others, at a Chabad in Poway was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 26 people at a church in Sutherland Springs was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 49 people and hurt 500 more in Las Vegas was not a Muslim

The person who murdered 3 people injured 23 others in a string of mail bombings was not a Muslim

The people who bombed the courthouse in Oklahoma City , murdering 168 people and injuring almost 700 more, were not Muslims

Shall I continue?

There isn’t enough room on the site to name all who were. And the 9/11 terrorists killed more than all the above you named.

Aylat

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 3:15 pm
ectomorph wrote:

Correction: "non-acquaintance rape" (quote from first line of the article). Which is a very different thing. The majority of rapes are perpetrated by ppl known to the victim.

DrMom

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 3:36 pm
urban gypsy wrote:
You beautifully elucidated the argument of conservative Jews who believe that a mutual hatred of gays and Muslims is reason enough to get into bed with white Nationalists. It's all fun and games until the same laws that forbid the hijab will outlaw the kippah and things will go onward from there. I don't support same gender marriage or abortion as birth control either, but in a democracy I think Jews need to support equality for everyone and not be lulled into a false belief that Jews are the "good" minority that white Nationalists are okay with. Judeo Christian my eye... they hate us.

You seem to be reading into this something that is not there.

Where did Squishy say she hates Muslims or gay people? Not wanting to bake a wedding cake for someone does not mean you hate him.

And mainstream US conservatives have not pushed any initiatives to ban kippot or hijabs. Perhaps you are confusing US conservatives with French Conservatives? Secularism is seen as very important in France, whereas in the US freedom of religion is enshrined in the Bill of Rights.

Like Squishy, I see conservative Christians as strong allies with many values I share.

BTW, there is a huge difference between Conservative Christians and the White Nationalists you referred to. You do realize that, don't you? You seem to use those terms interchangeably.

Squishy

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:02 pm
SixOfWands wrote:

Shall I continue?

Ramzi Yousef
Mahmud Abouhalima
Mohammad Salameh
Nidal A. Ayyad Abdul Rahman Yasin
Ahmed Ajaj
Sheikh Mohammed

All Cristains too I suppose?

Shall I continue?

It's typical of you to cherry pick only those that support your position.

Frankly I don't know who murdered more people the white supremacists or the Muslim terrorists. But I do know that cherry picking terrorists in no way is conclusive. It's meaningless unless your list is complete.

SixOfWands

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:20 pm
Squishy wrote:
Ramzi Yousef
Mahmud Abouhalima
Mohammad Salameh
Nidal A. Ayyad Abdul Rahman Yasin
Ahmed Ajaj
Sheikh Mohammed

All Cristains too I suppose?

Shall I continue?

It's typical of you to cherry pick only those that support your position.

Frankly I don't know who murdered more people the white supremacists or the Muslim terrorists. But I do know that cherry picking terrorists in no way is conclusive. It's meaningless unless your list is complete.

I've never denied that there are a large number of Muslim terrorists.

But Cheiny and others are cherry picking them, to use your term, and ignoring the grave threat from largely right-wing Christian terrorists.

Ravenclaw

Post  Wed, May 15 2019, 4:48 pm
I’ve got news for you. Believe it or not, there are both Muslim and white supremacist terrorists. The posters here keep quoting back-and-forth the names of multiple different terrorists, as if that proves anything. Yes there are Muslim terrorists. Yes there are white nationalist terrorists. What are you Proving by comparing the two and trying to come out with a conclusive number of who is worse? The point is they are equally evil and dangerous. The problem is with the left ignoring the Muslim terrorists, and the right ignoring the white nationalist terrorists. I hate how people only see their own side.
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h