Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
What’s preferable
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, May 30 2019, 3:53 pm
I'm all for being self sufficient but it's much easier to get help while you are going in to debt than get help getting out of debt. I strongly suggest you take whatever help you can get now. It seems like you have a plan of how you can get earn more in the future? Is there anyone who can loan you money that doesn't have to be re-payed next month and you can repay once you finish school and are earning more.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 10:00 pm
I just wanted to update that someone called Tomchei Shabbos for me and they said that it must have been an understanding so bh I am getting a package!!!
Thank you everyone.

crust

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 12:58 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just wanted to update that someone called Tomchei Shabbos for me and they said that it must have been an understanding so bh I am getting a package!!!
Thank you everyone.

I didn't read through the thrrad but based on your OP and this post I'm very happy you're doing the right thing.

In my opinion cleaning help once every two weeks is not enough and taking a car instead of walking an hour in prime time is simple common sense.

If there's one peice of advice I can give you it is;
Don't go into debt even if it costs you your dignity.

Eventually you will get out if this rut and your finances will settle.
But... if you'll have accumulated debt it'll never allow you the peace of mind you are working so hard for.

Good luck!

Rappel

Post Thu, Jun 06 2019, 3:26 am
baby12x wrote:
1. Cut out cleaning help. It's not a basic
2. Cut everything you possibly can
3. SNAP and WIC were created for people like you. Take it. No shame
4. Tomchei shabbos. If you need tzeddaka, then take it. Iyh one day you can give tzeddaka yourself

5. Yes sell on eBay. Do everything you can to cut corners, even if it only saves you a dime. Dimes add up.

6. DO NOT RUN UP DEBT. It's a deadly, irresponsible hole which devalues everything you do actually have, and which is extremely difficult to resolve. Don't do it. Better to live on rice and beans than borrowed time.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics