Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Article in the Ami (Abt: sealed windows)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:52 pm
R' Schneerson wrote about this.

It's a fairly easy solution. A thin drill bit is use to drill one hole where the window used to be. Strong tape goes over the hole. Problem solved halachically.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 3:56 pm
Squishy wrote:
R' Schneerson wrote about this.

It's a fairly easy solution. A thin drill bit is use to drill one hole where the window used to be. Strong tape goes over the hole. Problem solved halachically.

I don't think this a halachic issue.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:02 pm
My parents extended their kitchen and took away the back window. They were told and they have a wire sticking out of a hole from a cabinet that they put there.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:15 pm
Thanx everyone !!

blessedjmom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:38 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

This explains it....

dankbar

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 4:56 pm
I lived in an apt where 4 consecutive people lived for many years,( spanning a total of 30 years as way back as I was able to track) with each only having one child there in that apt. One person had more but only conceived once there, all others were conceived while she was away. When I moved away,I found a sealed window on bathroom ceiling above bathtub that was leading into a like a shaft. I let the next person that came to live there know about it & they should check it out. When I moved out I had more children. The kallah that moved in had more than one child there. Guess they corrected the problem.

littleprincess

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:07 pm
When we renovated our house we extended the dining room in to the next room and left the door there . We never use it but it's there because u don't close openings that existed .

My parents have an elevator in their house which they don't use . They put a fake wall to cover the elevator. The made an obvious hole at the bottom of the wall .

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:12 pm
dankbar wrote:
I lived in an apt where 4 consecutive people lived for many years,( spanning a total of 30 years as way back as I was able to track) with each only having one child there in that apt. One person had more but only conceived once there, all others were conceived while she was away. When I moved away,I found a sealed window on bathroom ceiling above bathtub that was leading into a like a shaft. I let the next person that came to live there know about it & they should check it out. When I moved out I had more children. The kallah that moved in had more than one child there. Guess they corrected the problem.

Omg!!!! I have a feeling I have the same problem here. I never had problem having kids till I moved to this house . 😕😕🙄🙄🙄🙄. And the previous owner has major issues in this house .

HeartyAppetite

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:25 pm
It’s in the will of Reb yehuda hachasid. He left a will for his children and future generations, with a list of things they shouldn’t do. Most tabs I’m passed that his will is for all of Kallah Yisroel and not only his descendants.

ectomorph

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:35 pm
Well, I lived in an apartment 3 families with children had previously lived in. Upon moving in, one of my kids developed a serious chronic illness. Miraculously disappeared when we moved out.

We checked the mezuzahs while there, and there were no closed windows.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:57 pm
This also applies to a door that was closed off.

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 5:59 pm
It's a thing. When my parents renovated they put a window where they closed off the door and put vents where they closed off another window.

Einikel

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:01 pm
amother [ Blonde ] wrote:
This also applies to a door that was closed off.

And chimneys

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:06 pm
I really am having a hard time processing this. So sheidim have “ more power “ than HaShem ? What does that mean ? What happens to people that don’t know this Halacha ? Like I didn’t know till now ? What happens if I uncover one window and there can be many more doors/windows/chimneys. I really don’t understand. Maybe I do understand but I am just upset. Are people really required to get old blue prints of their homes and check ? I’ve had issues living here, my kids have def gotten sick with some bazaar things . So what role does HaShem play in all this ?

pizzapie

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 6:15 pm
We had neighbors who did construction and afterwards had some medical issues with several people in their family. Turns out that they had closed up a window. Once that was resolved the medical issues disappeared.

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 7:54 pm
blessedjmom wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/257468/halachically-speaking-the-will-of-rav-yehuda-hachasid.html

This explains it....

According to the article, one may not move an oven when renovating a kitchen. Well, I did that about 8 years ago. Does anyone know what I can do now to correct this?

We've gone through a lot since then. Not sure if the oven is the cause though.

elisheva25

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 8:25 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
According to the article, one may not move an oven when renovating a kitchen. Well, I did that about 8 years ago. Does anyone know what I can do now to correct this?

I guess call your Rav and ask .

ra_mom

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 8:26 pm
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:

Speak to a rav who also has a background in kabbalah.

Librarian

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 8:52 pm
when I closed a window I was told to make a small hole in the wall which I did. but the interior side of the hole has a cabinet in front of it. is that a problem?

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, May 21 2019, 9:01 pm
Librarian wrote:
when I closed a window I was told to make a small hole in the wall which I did. but the interior side of the hole has a cabinet in front of it. is that a problem?

According to OP, yes it's a problem.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics