Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Monsey Mansion
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lemonlime

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 11:02 am
I was at the one on Carlton Road this past summer. They got new beds since the last time I was there. The house is old but served our purpose well. The dining room is large and can comfortably accommodate a lot of guests. Rooms were serviceable. If you are looking for a gorgeous vacation this is NOT the place for you! If you are looking for a functional, large place with lots of sleeping space I would definitely recommend this location.

Supermom#1

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 1:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
http://www.reservekosher.com/listing-royal-living-at-the-monsey-mansion-in-forshay-area-to-rent-for-yomim-tovim--%26-al-1257.html
Is this the one people have bad experiences with? Besides for a small dining room what other flaws does it have?
Does anybody have recommendations to other big house rentals in Monsey?
Thanks

I checked out that link. Did you read the reviews? go back to the link you posted, scroll down and read the reviews. Based on that, I would never stay there. Good luck!

shofar

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:29 pm
We stayed at the one on Jay court. There was probably someone staying there at the same time but they denied it. It smelled like marijuana in some places. The showers didn't work. The downstairs basement is gross. There were a few nice rooms and no one wanted the other ones. The big fridge in the basement froze the food we brought. We paid $800 extra for heated pool but there was no hot water erev shabbos. He sent someone to fix it but we didn't have hot water before shabbos. The pool was not nice or warm. Owner was not easy to deal with

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 3:37 pm
shofar wrote:
We stayed at the one on Jay court. There was probably someone staying there at the same time but they denied it. It smelled like marijuana in some places. The showers didn't work. The downstairs basement is gross. There were a few nice rooms and no one wanted the other ones. The big fridge in the basement froze the food we brought. We paid $800 extra for heated pool but there was no hot water erev shabbos. He sent someone to fix it but we didn't have hot water before shabbos. The pool was not nice or warm. Owner was not easy to deal with

$800 for pool heat? That's straight up robbery!

benny

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:21 pm
We recently stayed in one on Grandview. It was fantastic!

amother
Acacia

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:47 pm
benny wrote:
We recently stayed in one on Grandview. It was fantastic!

Can you please give more details? How many bedrooms/bathrooms/beds or link? Also looking for something for a family get together. Tysm!

amother
Peachpuff

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 4:53 pm
How many rooms/beds are you looking for?

benny

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:18 pm
I think it was 11 bedrooms. Alot of ope. Areas to play and chill. And indoor pool.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 6:33 pm
benny wrote:
I think it was 11 bedrooms. Alot of ope. Areas to play and chill. And indoor pool.

Do you have contact info? This is exactly what I am looking for for a family shabbos

benny

Post Tue, Feb 06 2024, 8:21 pm
Got it through luxury kosher villas 9178045819.

amother
Acacia

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 1:28 am
amother Peachpuff wrote:
How many rooms/beds are you looking for?

12-15 bedrooms. 40-50 people. At least 7 couples and lots of older teens.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Feb 07 2024, 6:47 pm
Is the one on Forshay the one where the wife and kids ran away all of the sudden and all of their things are still in the house?
If so, stay far away. I've heard really weird things about that place.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics