Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti Vax Rally in BP - HOW CAN WE STOP THIS??
  Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:25 pm
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Why does everyone care if they have some event? What is it effecting you? Let them do what they want.

And why cant people listen to the anti vaxxers for once? Maybe, just maybe, they have something legitimate to say. No one is willing to give them the time its all hearing what they're saying in order to have a comeback.

b/c they started (or at least continued) this epidemic that have caused many ppl to be seriously ill and want to spread their dangerous ideas that can make more ppl sick. They have nothing legitimate to say. The speakers they brought are quacks. They are causing little babies and immune compromised ppl and healthy ppl who did not develop immunity to measles to get sick for no reason.

If they were discussing treating cancer with a vegan diet or curing cavities with cod liver oil, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Let them do what they want, it doesn't effect me. This does.

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:28 pm
turca wrote:
To listen to an antivax is the same as to listen to someone who has just smoked a joint!

Why?? Why is it like that? They have opinions and you have opinions why cant it be a two way street and just LISTEN like normal people?! Im not saying theyre right and youre wrong but you can have an intellectual debate trying to figure it out. It doesnt always have to get so heated.

Sebastian

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:34 pm
Why?? Why is it like that? They have opinions and you have opinions why cant it be a two way street and just LISTEN like normal people?! Im not saying theyre right and youre wrong but you can have an intellectual debate trying to figure it out. It doesnt always have to get so heated.

because they are wrong and we have countless studies and respected doctors to prove it. They have quacks and poorly done studies. I don't need to have an intellectual debate with ppl trying to harm the sick and weak.

turca

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:35 pm

Two way street? Really? Get into an intellectual debate with a neonazi. Let me know how it goes!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:36 pm
Why does everyone care if they have some event? What is it effecting you? Let them do what they want.

And why cant people listen to the anti vaxxers for once? Maybe, just maybe, they have something legitimate to say. No one is willing to give them the time its all hearing what they're saying in order to have a comeback.

Probably some things that they say are legit but it is mixed in with ridiculous and unproven assertions and conspiracy theories so nobody wants to waste their time on quacks and cult leaders. We don't want our presence to give chizzuk to dangerous ideas.

It is almost like saying that we should listen to the Palestinians because they may include some valid points among the plethora of lies and distortions.

urban gypsy

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:36 pm
turca wrote:
Two way street? Really? Get into an intellectual debate with a neonazi. Let me know how it goes!

Godwin's Law Applause

turca

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:37 pm
Sebastian wrote:
because they are wrong and we have countless studies and respected doctors to prove it. They have quacks and poorly done studies. I don't need to have an intellectual debate with ppl trying to harm the sick and weak.

Sebastian, u wrote the words that I can’t!

amother
Denim

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:41 pm
turca wrote:
To listen to an antivax is the same as to listen to someone who has just smoked a joint!

This is very offensive to people who have just smoked a joint.

happyness

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 1:46 pm
amother [ Denim ] wrote:
This is very offensive to people who have just smoked a joint.

LOL LOL LOL

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:06 pm
A lot of pregnant Crown Heights women and mothers of infants won't be attending shul this Yom tov due to an outbreak in a girls yeshiva.
I don't think that these women are talking about the 2 way street or the sinas chinam. They really don't want to give birth prematurely to babies with congenital measles. Is that too much to ask?
They could care less about whose point is right or wrong. They are endangered by a previously eradicated virus.
It is nauseating that Del Bigtree is going around telling the media that the public has a right to contract this "harmless" virus.

Sorry anti-vaxers if I just insulted one of your chief cult leaders but I don't enjoy worrying about this as a bubby.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:07 pm

Can I ask who is the one getting heated here?

Not me.

Opinions??? Nope.

Doctors have FACTS, medicine and scientific research. Anti- vaxers have lies, nonesense "research" emotional appeals and Blood on their hands.

INTELECTUAL debate???

Nope. I can't have an intellectual debate with an irrational quack that thinks they know better than the whole world including doctors who spent decades studying medicine.

Which is why I wont.

U want to have an intellectual debate?? Go to medical school. Pass the boards. Prove u got any INTELLECT in u.

When u graduate I'll listen to what u have to say.

I'm all ears

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:21 pm
Sebastian wrote:
b/c they started (or at least continued) this epidemic that have caused many ppl to be seriously ill and want to spread their dangerous ideas that can make more ppl sick. They have nothing legitimate to say. The speakers they brought are quacks. They are causing little babies and immune compromised ppl and healthy ppl who did not develop immunity to measles to get sick for no reason.

If they were discussing treating cancer with a vegan diet or curing cavities with cod liver oil, I wouldn't bat an eyelash. Let them do what they want, it doesn't effect me. This does.

Let me just tell you one thought that one of the "quacks" said at the event.

He said the the likelihood of getting measles when vaccinated with the MMR is around 4%.
He then said that the likelihood of getting measles without the MMR vaccine is around 5%-6%.
How would you respond to this?

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:23 pm
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html
What a profit with $12 tickets!

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:25 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:

He said the the likelihood of getting measles when vaccinated with the MMR is around 4%.
He then said that the likelihood of getting measles without the MMR vaccine is around 5%-6%.

I would say that anything that comes out of his mouth is not something I would trust so he should save his words for Peach victims.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:25 pm

A person who is not immune has a 90% chance of getting the measles if exposed.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:32 pm
Iymnok wrote:
https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/general/1738022/stay-out-of-flatbush-leading-flatbush-rabbonim-and-fjcc-denounce-planned-anti-vaxxer-event-being-held-in-flatbush.html
What a profit with $12 tickets!

BH that they had a lousy turnout

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:33 pm
southernbubby wrote:
A lot of pregnant Crown Heights women and mothers of infants won't be attending shul this Yom tov due to an outbreak in a girls yeshiva.
I don't think that these women are talking about the 2 way street or the sinas chinam. They really don't want to give birth prematurely to babies with congenital measles. Is that too much to ask?
They could care less about whose point is right or wrong. They are endangered by a previously eradicated virus.
It is nauseating that Del Bigtree is going around telling the media that the public has a right to contract this "harmless" virus.

Sorry anti-vaxers if I just insulted one of your chief cult leaders but I don't enjoy worrying about this as a bubby.

Are you worried that the US has the highest infant mortality rate of any developed country?
Are you that 1 in 45 children are diagnosed (more night have, but not diagnosed) autism spectrum disorder?
Are you worried that 1 in 12 children in the US has asthma?
Are you worried that over 10% of children in the US has an ADHD diagnosis?

I know, I know.....none of this is related to vaccinations. It's related to cell phone use. Or too much screen time. Or something else.
But don't you want to get to the bottom of this just in case (and of course it isn't) it's related to the increase in vaccines?

flowerpower

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 3:37 pm
Are you worried that the US has the highest infant mortality rate of any developed country?
Are you that 1 in 45 children are diagnosed (more night have, but not diagnosed) autism spectrum disorder?

I know, I know.....none of this is related to vaccinations. It's related to cell phone use. Or too much screen time. Or something else.
But don't you want to get to the bottom of this just in case (and of course it isn't) it's related to the increase in vaccines?

Vaccines has nothing to do with autism. Get over it!!!!

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:06 pm

I lost a baby twin to prematurity, have children and grandchildren with asthma, and have a grandchild with severe autism. Genetics and multiple birth probably have more to do with it than shots or cell phones.
One of the biggest faults of the anti-vax movement is linking every possible disorder to vaccines and then no one wants to hear anything else that you have to say; just as you get turned off when pro-vax people fail to recognize valid adverse reactions.

momsrus

Post Wed, Jun 05 2019, 4:08 pm

Measles spreads like wildfire. How can anyone with half a brain fall for this cr@p
Page 8 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 7  8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics