Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
The Goat Milk Lady
Previous  1  2  3  Next

SuperWify

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:10 pm
Question- please pardon my ignorance but as I was reading the article I wondered- why do so many frum kids have herpes? What am I missing here?

farm

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:10 pm
Did you read the part where the owner unfortunately can’t milk the goats because of her arthritis? Wondering why she can’t cure herself with the miraculous goat milk?

amother
Firebrick

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:19 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Question- please pardon my ignorance but as I was reading the article I wondered- why do so many frum kids have herpes? What am I missing here?

There's a difference between herpes type I (think cold sores, mouth ulcers) and herpes type II, which is an STD.

Librarian

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:25 pm
Oral herpes is EXTREMELY common caused by HSV-1. Genital herpes can be caused by HSV-1 or HSV-2.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:36 pm
I would think that Hashem wants mother goats to feed their baby goats. I wonder how okay it is for humans to eat directly from an animal.

We had a story here with goats milk. It’s something we never use or have in the house. Once a guest was staying here and brought his own goats milk. When he left we had an unused bottle of goats milk in our fridge. That same day my husband met a friend who was distraught that his toddler had herpes and his tongue and throat were covered in blisters. Dh’s friend said that if they couldn’t get the child to drink something soon they would have to hospitalize him. He said that goats milk was recommended but he didn’t know where to buy it. My husband told him that we just happen to have a bottle of goats milk in the house! He gave it to his friend. An hour later the friend texted a picture of his child sound asleep with an empty baby bottle next to him! The baby who was not able to swallow anything that day was able to drink a bottle of goats milk! I think he recovered pretty soon after.
So I guess it doesn’t have to be squirted directly from the goat into the mouth!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 9:42 pm
Am I the only one wondering how a person on intense chemo treatment was allowed raw milk? I would be terrified to give that to someone immunocompromised.
ETA: breast milk (ah, human I mean) also works great on mouth sores

Last edited by Sunny Days on Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Natural

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 10:18 pm
We also had good experience with goat milk for herpes mouth sores. My son caught it in playgroup in the country, we went for a goat spritz at a farm in Ellenville I think. We went twice and it cleared up bh.

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:05 pm
My son had a terrible case of herpes, we went to Feldman twice from Brooklyn and it didn’t help. I hope non of my kids ever get it again. But I would still try it based on all the success stories

Surrendered

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:18 pm
I did the goat milk "segula" for severe thrush for two children, bh it worked wonders immediately.
We are iyh going tomorrow to treat Strong case of MRSA (my kids are very prone to getting it. They always have pimples but the puss pops out in different areas every so often), bad ear infection and Staph infection around the ears. I've heard raving reviews of people who had the goat milk treatment for all of these issues, and saw openly the change right away.
We do our Hishtadlus and rely on Hashem to heal. Then we ask that the milk be the right sheliach to help us.
Iyh I hope to post the positive results after the treatment.

Surrendered

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:39 pm
Squishy wrote:
My friend cured her baby by bringing her to Feldman. This is too risky.

https://www.vosizneias.com/131.....ores/
This is NOT how it's being done at Feldman. You don't drink directly from the goat. They spritz it into your mouth or onto the infection.
For their phone number, please PM me.
Goat milk is also very affective for ear infections.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jun 12 2019, 11:54 pm
momsrus wrote:
There was an article in the AMI from Shavuos about the Goat Lady in Monsey. They claimed it works miracles when the milk is squirted directly into the mouth. I'm curious to know if anyone here has personal experience.

Yes. It's not Board of Health certified, to drink unpasteurized milk, but if you want to get rid of mouth sores, I've seen it be very effective , even with hand-foot-mouth disease.

ETA, after reading the rest of the thread: you don't suckle the goat. The idea, though, is to drink it as fresh as possible, so you milk and drink right away, or spray it on the sore. I don't know who this Goat Lady is, but where I live there are lots of goats, and it's a fairly common home remedy. waiting

Last edited by Rappel on Thu, Jun 13 2019, 1:00 am; edited 3 times in total

amother
Cerulean

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 12:05 am
Perhaps the owners who provide the goat treatment are careful to protect their goats from risk of infection...

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:36 am
Here's a natural crunchy alternative if you don't like the idea of having fresh raw goat milk squirted into your mouth or can't travel to the Feldman goat: Use human breast milk, also squirted and not necessarily suckled. I remember using my own milk, back when I was nursing, for a variety of ailments, including my own mouth sores, and it was amazing how well it worked.

I should have kept myself on a pumping schedule to make sure I continued to produce my extraordinary elixir. I really never thought of doing so, but lots of you are mothers who are still nursing.

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:54 am
Surrendered wrote:
This is NOT how it's being done at Feldman. You don't drink directly from the goat. They spritz it into your mouth or onto the infection.
For their phone number, please PM me.
Goat milk is also very affective for ear infections.

The article doesn't say to suckle the goat. It says:

"Drinking or gargling unpasteurized milk of cows, sheep, goats or camels—and even applying it to the skin—is potentially harmful."

My friend went to Feldman. I asked why can't they put the unpasteurized milk in a bottle and have the baby drink that. She said that it can't be in a container and must be direct. According to another poster, it's the milk not the spritz.

I don't need Feldman's number. No infections and other goats around here. But thank you very much.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:55 am
Librarian wrote:
There IS a treatment for herpes. It is called Valtrex. It is an anti-viral available in pill form. I have taken it for over 30 years. As soon as I feel an outbreak coming on I take 2 pills and then 2 more 12 hours later. It arrests the infection and stops it from getting any worse. I take my bottle of pills with me whenever I travel, just in case. Any doctor can prescribe it and it is a relatively inexpensive drug. I don't understand why this article claimed there is no treatment. There is no CURE, but there certainly is a very effective treatment.

Does this work for nose cold sores?

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 3:58 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
Here's a natural crunchy alternative if you don't like the idea of having fresh raw goat milk squirted into your mouth or can't travel to the Feldman goat: Use human breast milk, also squirted and not necessarily suckled. I remember using my own milk, back when I was nursing, for a variety of ailments, including my own mouth sores, and it was amazing how well it worked.

I should have kept myself on a pumping schedule to make sure I continued to produce my extraordinary elixir. I really never thought of doing so, but lots of you are mothers who are still nursing.

You can lactate if you aren't pregnant or nursing if you really feel the need to produce your extraordinary elixir. Ladies who adopt can nurse.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 4:09 am
Squishy wrote:
You can lactate if you aren't pregnant or nursing if you really feel the need to produce your extraordinary elixir. Ladies who adopt can nurse.

Yep! Google "Ask Lenore Adoptive Breastfeeding. Protocol". It's work, but it can be done. I nursed DD for 3 1/2 months, until she started teething and wouldn't suck anymore. She had a weak latch to begin with. I could have nursed her for much longer, but her sore little gums made her stop.

I was sad that I had to put her on bottles, but she was much happier because she didn't have to work so hard.

I really wish I had known about the goat's milk when I had Scarlet Fever. My throat felt like it was full of razor blades and broken glass, and even sipping water was excruciating. "Sore throat" was the understatement of the year.

Sunny Days

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:30 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
Perhaps the owners who provide the goat treatment are careful to protect their goats from risk of infection...

I’m also careful to protect my kids (pun intended) from infections, yet they happen... patients on chemo have to be careful even with probiotics because the bacteria can go against them.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 6:35 am
Librarian wrote:
Oral herpes is EXTREMELY common caused by HSV-1. Genital herpes can be caused by HSV-1 or HSV-2.

So if not an STD when what is HSV-1 caused from?

Post Thu, Jun 13 2019, 8:24 am
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:

How do you protect the goats from risk of infection? Feldman's goat and the other neighbor goats are in a residential area.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics