Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

21young

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:32 am
It’s not flu season, I’m not sure why they told her to get the shot. Or maybe it was a different shot and my coworkers thought it was the flu shot. Regardless, the idiocy astounds me. My coworkers are really smart people, I could not get over how they came to that conclusion. And don’t worry, next week my pregnant coworkers’s whole family will be screaming from the rooftops that she had pregnancy complications because of the shot.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:41 am
I agree with you that this is not likely a vaccine injury, but it is actually unusual to have nausea and vomiting when highly pregnant. It's usually a symptom of early pregnancy, unless it has persisted the entire pregnancy (I.e. hg).

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 11:59 am
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
I agree with you that this is not likely a vaccine injury, but it is actually unusual to have nausea and vomiting when highly pregnant. It's usually a symptom of early pregnancy, unless it has persisted the entire pregnancy (I.e. hg).

I don’t think I actually had hg, but I had one pregnancy where I threw up every single day. The whole pregnancy.

Maybe the coworker got the whooping cough vaccine? Way more likely that her pregnancy make her feel ill.

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 12:17 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:

My nausea came back towards the end, and I know many other people who had that too, as the baby pushes on your stomach.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:01 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I'd believe this story if it was on the news. There is no way that happened and it wasn't on the news. The baby that questionably died from measles was all over even though the family denied the baby had the measles. How did this happen and no one heard of it?

Not exactly true. Jews have a lot of push in NY and I know some measles stories that have been hidden and pushed under the rug. I cannot comment on this particular story, but I know of two cases where individuals (one adult, one child) in NY were blind from the measles. The child was successfully operated on BH, but I did not hear the results of the adult (if it could be surgically corrected or not). I also know of another child who has serious vision problems now. None of this is in the news, particularly because the families are strongly anti vax and do not want it reported. Another ER doctor told me that if a mother gave birth to a baby because she had measles and went into premature labor and the child is born viable (23 weeks +) and is alive and later passes, it would be considered a measles death, but it could easily be concealed to prevent an outrage against the Jewish community. I don't know if this happened, but it is plausible.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:08 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not exactly true. Jews have a lot of push in NY and I know some measles stories that have been hidden and pushed under the rug. I cannot comment on this particular story, but I know of two cases where individuals (one adult, one child) in NY were blind from the measles. The child was successfully operated on BH, but I did not hear the results of the adult (if it could be surgically corrected or not). I also know of another child who has serious vision problems now. None of this is in the news, particularly because the families are strongly anti vax and do not want it reported. Another ER doctor told me that if a mother gave birth to a baby because she had measles and went into premature labor and the child is born viable (23 weeks +) and is alive and later passes, it would be considered a measles death, but it could easily be concealed to prevent an outrage against the Jewish community. I don't know if this happened, but it is plausible.

They are still anti vax after the family member is blind/had vision problems from the measles! This is beyond me!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:09 pm
yksraya wrote:
They are still anti vax after the family member is blind/had vision problems from the measles! This is beyond me!

Yes, one of them with the adult family member who is blind (or hopefully not blind because she was surgically able to be helped) are active anti vax advocates. They will not discuss what happened because they do not want to encourage anyone to give vaccines.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:10 pm
yksraya wrote:

Can you imagine? The horror! They don't make decisions based on anecdotes like this whole thread!

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:13 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Can you imagine? The horror! They don't make decisions based on anecdotes like this whole thread!

Its not an anecdote that measles causes blindness.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:14 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Um. They are just making decisions based on lies, misinformation and emotional anxiety. Is that any better? Seriously, everyone knows that vaccines are the greatest health discovery ever.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:16 pm
21young wrote:
It’s not flu season, I’m not sure why they told her to get the shot. Or maybe it was a different shot and my coworkers thought it was the flu shot. Regardless, the idiocy astounds me. My coworkers are really smart people, I could not get over how they came to that conclusion. And don’t worry, next week my pregnant coworkers’s whole family will be screaming from the rooftops that she had pregnancy complications because of the shot.

It's possibly the flu shot. They don't discriminate with season and give it because "it's recommended". I'd be curious to find out if it was actually the flu shot. That's a very good reason people don't blindly trust the guidelines. I've heard of it recommended before when it was not flu season. I'd love to know if that is the case here.
The other vaccine routinely given in third trimester is TDAP to hopefully give the baby some coverage against pertusis. It is known to cause flu like symptoms afterwards. Definitely a known side effect.

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:17 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

A vaccine caused me several weeks long vision loss.

chocolate fondue

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:28 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
My friend almost died from chicken pox which turned into encephalitis. She was in a coma for months and had to relearn how to walk again when she finally came out of it and it was a miracle that she survived.
There were 2 other little girls who had the same thing at the same time and both of them died.

Died. From chicken pox.

The vaccine was only developed after and because this happened.
My friend is a mother and nurse now and makes sure all of her kids are up to date on all of their vaccinations. Everyone who knows her gives their kids the chicken pox vaccine!

I live in England where we don't vaccinate for chicken pox. Every 5 years or so I have another chicken pox breakout : my preschooler catches it in kindergarten and then passes it on to whoever hasn't got it yet in the family. (I have 9 children ka"h)

Usually the kid who catches it in Gan gets its mildly and the rest get it worse. I live in fear every time that there will be complications (besides scars, which half my kids have on their face - its very hard to make sure that a 3 year old doesn't scratch!)

My last 'outbreak' was last year so I can relax that everyone is done with it for now, but my youngest was only 3 months then and got it very mildly, presumably because she was partially protected from my breast milk, so I wonder if she might get it again.

Every time I deal with chicken pox, I am so grateful that I don't have to worry when I'll have to deal with the next round of measles, mumps or rubella ch"v.

Having said that, I have a 12 year old daughter with Tourettes. Two completely different 'alternative medicine professionals' have told me that she has slight vaccine damage. I can't remember exactly how. Whether this is true or not is debatable but I'm sure that vaccines can have some kind of effect on some children.

But I'm much more grateful that we don't have to deal with the childhood diseases that that vaccines prevent.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:29 pm
A vaccine caused me several weeks long vision loss.

If the vaccine was too much, that it caused the vision loss, the illness would've for sure caused way more damage.

yksraya

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:33 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

So they would rather blindness, and/or deafness, and/or encephalitis etc, or even death from VPDs, than to give the vaccines?

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 3:50 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:

Nor is it an anecdote that vaccines cause death, seizures, neurological damage and host of other issues.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 5:02 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Nor is it an anecdote that vaccines cause death, seizures, neurological damage and host of other issues.

Because nobody believes anyone else, we all will continue to look out for ourselves.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:10 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

I'm not following you.

What did you mean by this
Quote:

What anecdote were you referring to?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:10 pm
yksraya wrote:
If the vaccine was too much, that it caused the vision loss, the illness would've for sure caused way more damage.

Nope. The disease the vaccine prevents does not cause vision loss. The studies backing the claim that this vaccine causes that issue blame it on additives to the vaccine. Oh, and its a vaccine for an STD, not something you catch from casual contact. And yup, it's part of the mandated vaccines for school.

21young

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 6:59 pm
It's possibly the flu shot. They don't discriminate with season and give it because "it's recommended". I'd be curious to find out if it was actually the flu shot. That's a very good reason people don't blindly trust the guidelines. I've heard of it recommended before when it was not flu season. I'd love to know if that is the case here.
The other vaccine routinely given in third trimester is TDAP to hopefully give the baby some coverage against pertusis. It is known to cause flu like symptoms afterwards. Definitely a known side effect.

You completely missed the point! Let me spell it out: pregnant causes nausea. Pregnancy causes vomiting. The flu shot does not. Do not spread stories that the flu shot caused vomiting when it was clearly brought on by good old pregnancy, something that crunchy, natural anti-vaxers should be very familiar with.
Page 11 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 10  11  12 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics