Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured?
  Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 22  23  24  Next

Do you actually know someone who was vaccine injured (not a headache, minor seizure, etc.)?
Yes  
 19%  [ 62 ]
No  
 74%  [ 233 ]
Something Else  
 0%  [ 3 ]
Temporarily, but it was addressed and fixed BH  
 4%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 313

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 4:04 pm
21young wrote:
You completely missed the point! Let me spell it out: pregnant causes nausea. Pregnancy causes vomiting. The flu shot does not. Do not spread stories that the flu shot caused vomiting when it was clearly brought on by good old pregnancy, something that crunchy, natural anti-vaxers should be very familiar with.

Why was it clearly brought on the by the good old pregnancy?

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 4:08 pm
21young wrote:
You completely missed the point! Let me spell it out: pregnant causes nausea. Pregnancy causes vomiting. The flu shot does not. Do not spread stories that the flu shot caused vomiting when it was clearly brought on by good old pregnancy, something that crunchy, natural anti-vaxers should be very familiar with.

Nope. I was just making a different point. I know pregnancy can cause nausea and vomiting. I also know many reasons people don't trust pushers of vaccines and one reason is that the flu shot is pushed when it's not flu season and the vaccines expired. So I'd love an update to find out if she actually had a flu shot in July.

Genius

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:46 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
Why was it clearly brought on the by the good old pregnancy?

Were you ever pregnant or shouldn't I ask?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:52 pm
Most people are nauseous the first few months. Presumably this woman, who is much further along, was no longer getting nauseous, being that it seemed unusual to her co-workers.

That the nausea suddenly restarted could be a pregnancy aberration, or could possibly have something to do with recently getting vaccinated.

Either way, nausea is a pretty mild side effect, so I'm not sure why you're so adamant that it couldn't possibly be related. Unless your belief in vaccination would be shaken by the fact that vaccines actually do have side effects?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:52 pm
genius wrote:
Were you ever pregnant or shouldn't I ask?

Yup.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 7:55 pm
I've never heard of nausea and vomiting being side effects of the flu shot. There are other known side effects, sure. But nausea?

Genius

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:08 pm
Maybe she was scared of the side effects and that made her nauseous.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:17 pm
I’ve been extremely nauseous when highly pregnant. Was a bad UTI.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:31 pm
I never said it had to be a vaccine reaction, I said it could be. It also might be, as mentioned, entirely unrelated.

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 8:41 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
What anecdote were you referring to?

I was referring to science. How strange is that?

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Jul 09 2019, 9:16 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I was referring to science. How strange is that?

Science is an anecdote?

Frumwithallergies

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 4:06 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
A vaccine caused me several weeks long vision loss.

Before you blame this extended visual loss on the vaccine, did you see a doctor? A neurologist or neuro-opththalmologist? Were you investigated further? Please get checked.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 5:43 am
Frumwithallergies wrote:
Before you blame this extended visual loss on the vaccine, did you see a doctor? A neurologist or neuro-opththalmologist? Were you investigated further? Please get checked.

Yes I saw them all. My family doctor won't give this vaccine to my children.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 6:00 am
I think that more people would vaccinate if more medical education for professionals was dedicated to this issue. The adults who were infected thought that they were immunized and their doctors never even questioned their level of protection.
Another area of needed medical education is regarding the care of those who contract VPDs since many doctors have no experience with these diseases. Fly them to India to see patients with diphtheria because the measles is the canary in the coal mine.
Finally, every time a child or adult is vaccinated, a sheet of paper with the name of the vaccine, the disease that it prevents, how often it needs to be done, expected and adverse reactions and what to do about them, should be given and explained if necessary.
Parents should not go home clueless after a pediatrician appointment. This cluelessness puts parents in a vulnerable position to be influenced by the anti-vax cult.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 7:20 am
southernbubby wrote:
I think that more people would vaccinate if more medical education for professionals was dedicated to this issue. The adults who were infected thought that they were immunized and their doctors never even questioned their level of protection.
Another area of needed medical education is regarding the care of those who contract VPDs since many doctors have no experience with these diseases. Fly them to India to see patients with diphtheria because the measles is the canary in the coal mine.
Finally, every time a child or adult is vaccinated, a sheet of paper with the name of the vaccine, the disease that it prevents, how often it needs to be done, expected and adverse reactions and what to do about them, should be given and explained if necessary.
Parents should not go home clueless after a pediatrician appointment. This cluelessness puts parents in a vulnerable position to be influenced by the anti-vax cult.

We get this @ our ped. We get a like discharge summary every time which includes all the info of vaccines given (including manufacturer & lot #) what to expect, when to call Dr etc., rest of immunization history, height, weight etc.

gamanit

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:12 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
Nope. The disease the vaccine prevents does not cause vision loss. The studies backing the claim that this vaccine causes that issue blame it on additives to the vaccine. Oh, and its a vaccine for an STD, not something you catch from casual contact. And yup, it's part of the mandated vaccines for school.

Gardasil is not mandated at the moment. I am not a doctor and cannot research and counter your other claims at the moment. Please link the studies you're referencing.

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 9:36 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
We get this @ our ped. We get a like discharge summary every time which includes all the info of vaccines given (including manufacturer & lot #) what to expect, when to call Dr etc., rest of immunization history, height, weight etc.

I would imagine that it is standard but when I got the MMR a few months ago, I was given no written instructions and had to ask what to expect so I wonder if this sometimes happens in pediatricians offices.
I also think that every pediatrician should study the claims that anti-vaxers make so that they can adequately answer.
It would be even better if vaccine manufacturers made easy to read pamphlets about how vaccines are produced and tested and the rate of effectiveness. The manufacturers and the public have a big disconnect.

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 11:13 am
gamanit wrote:
Gardasil is not mandated at the moment. I am not a doctor and cannot research and counter your other claims at the moment. Please link the studies you're referencing.

It wasn't gardasil. There are other STDs besides HPV

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:19 pm
gamanit wrote:

You seem to not realize that Hep B is also an STD and mandated for school attendance.

amother
Black

Post Wed, Jul 10 2019, 1:24 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I would imagine that it is standard but when I got the MMR a few months ago, I was given no written instructions and had to ask what to expect so I wonder if this sometimes happens in pediatricians offices.
I also think that every pediatrician should study the claims that anti-vaxers make so that they can adequately answer.
It would be even better if vaccine manufacturers made easy to read pamphlets about how vaccines are produced and tested and the rate of effectiveness. The manufacturers and the public have a big disconnect.

I was also not given any instructions when I gave my kids the MMR. One kid had a rash on her hand and didn't move her hand for almost a week after. Another kid had fever 3 consecutive nights 6-8 days after the shot. I was very upset that I wasn't told what the normal reactions are and that these are in the category of to be expected. I had to google to find out if these reactions are normal for fear of being dismissed by the doctor as a paranoid anti-vaxxer.

As for pediatricians studying claims of anti-vaxxers, that would be wonderful but they barely have time for all their appointments! Very few actually put themselves into this topic, and the few who do don't necessarily come to the conclusion you'd think they would. I've had a doctor tell me he wouldn't give Hib, Pneomoccocal, IPV and Hep B if a mother doesn't want, but that MMR and DTaP are important. Chickenpox, he sees no reason a kid shouldn't get it if the mother wants to avoid the vaccine.
Page 12 of 24   Previous  1  2  3 11  12  13 22  23  24  Next Recent Topics