Home

So what do you think of the Noam party?
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:18 pm
etky wrote:
https://www.inn.co.il/News/Flash.aspx/687308

Looks like we cross-posted the press statement.

That's insane! And over Oren Hazan???? I find this hard to believe.

etky

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:19 pm
Rappel wrote:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/266812

Holeee... Can't anyone decide anything in this country???? The deadline is TONIGHT

There's talk of Oren Chazan - who was kicked out of the Likud - joining Otzma.
Would you believe it- polls show that he could actually be an electoral asset to them.
Yes, it's a crazy country Rolling Eyes

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:22 pm
etky wrote:
There's talk of Oren Chazan - who was kicked out of the Likud - joining Otzma.
Would you believe it- polls show that he could actually be an electoral asset to them.
Yes, it's a crazy country Rolling Eyes

I thought he was a gimmick politician. I didn't think anyone takes him seriously. And since Otzma's voting base is basically Kiryat Arba-Hevron, I find it hard to fathom what he possibly brings to the table for Toranim. Canceling a run with Noam over this sounds like a huge error.

etky

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 12:41 pm
Rappel wrote:
I thought he was a gimmick politician. I didn't think anyone takes him seriously. And since Otzma's voting base is basically Kiryat Arba-Hevron, I find it hard to fathom what he possibly brings to the table for Toranim. Canceling a run with Noam over this sounds like a huge error.

He doesn't bring anything for Toranim.
I think he is supposed to appeal davka to Otzma's chiloni/ultra-right voters.
Noam couldn't countenance his addition to the party hence the split- at least that's the official version.
Some pundits are saying that Otzma jettisoned Noam to enable unity with Yemin Hadash.
Well, either way, we won't have long to wait to see how this plays out....

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 1:00 pm
etky wrote:
He doesn't bring anything for Toranim.
I think he is supposed to appeal davka to Otzma's chiloni/ultra-right voters.
Noam couldn't countenance his addition to the party hence the split- at least that's the official version.
Some pundits are saying that Otzma jettisoned Noam to enable unity with Yemin Hadash.
Well, either way, we won't have long to wait to see how this plays out....

In general, Israeli current events frequently strike me as a Monty Python odyssey. But the political soap opera these past few days has been making my head spin.

I think you're right, that Hazan is more likely to appeal to young masorati/hiloni folk, but it remains to be seen if he is equally repellent to the torani bloc. If so, that misstep could drive votes over to the alternative, Noam.

On the other hand, I saw another brief on A7 where an unnamed UTJ official says Noam is not going to run, and will support them instead. Rumor? Fact? It seems unlikely, but who can tell, at this point?

I don't think Otzma wants to run with Bennet - ahem, I mean Shaked - since their offers until now have been positively insulting, and they cast the job of making the deal on Smotrich the Go'fer. Bennet usually prefers to speak through the media, so their silence on any union until now speaks volumes.

Thank heaven the lists will close tonight. There has been far too much drama already.

etky

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 1:16 pm
Rappel wrote:
In general, Israeli current events frequently strike me as a Monty Python odyssey. But the political soap opera these past few days has been making my head spin.

I think you're right, that Hazan is more likely to appeal to young masorati/hiloni folk, but it remains to be seen if he is equally repellent to the torani bloc. If so, that misstep could drive votes over to the alternative, Noam.

On the other hand, I saw another brief on A7 where an unnamed UTJ official says Noam is not going to run, and will support them instead. Rumor? Fact? It seems unlikely, but who can tell, at this point?

I don't think Otzma wants to run with Bennet - ahem, I mean Shaked - since their offers until now have been positively insulting, and they cast the job of making the deal on Smotrich the Go'fer. Bennet usually prefers to speak through the media, so their silence on any union until now speaks volumes.

Thank heaven the lists will close tonight. There has been far too much drama already.

I wouldn't be shocked at all if this is what happens.

grace413

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 1:55 pm
Rappel, too much drama? The drama is just beginning.....

Oren Hazan.....to be polite I will just say I don't think he has anything worthwhile to contribute to the Knesset.

I have a very bad feeling that when the votes are counted we will wind up exactly where we were after the last election.

May Hashem help us.

Rappel

Post  Thu, Aug 01 2019, 4:33 pm
Well, that's that. The line it is drawn, the curse it is cast.

etky

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:17 am
Wow - no words.
Noam's newly released election video compares left wing Israelis, LGBT and Women of the Wall to Nazis and Hamas, accusing them of attempting to destroy Israel from within.
And this just 2 days after Tisha B'Av.
Have they never heard the phrase Simat Chinam?
https://www.inn.co.il/News/News.aspx/410010

FranticFrummie

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:22 am
etky wrote:
Wow - no words.

No words, just emojis. Puke Puke Puke Puke Puke

Even if I agreed with everything they said (which I most certainly don't!) this is far too far over the line.

byisrael

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 11:34 am
They won't pass and will throw whatever Torano votes they do get in the garbage, probably because of them Otzma won't pass because they will take some of their votes and we now have another situation where the right shoots itself in the foot - I have a bad feeling we will get a coalition of Likud+ Kachol Lavan and possibly Leiberman or Avodah with the right wing parties left out.

I am worried about this because I do believe that a Netanyhu + Benny Gantz coalition could pull off another disengagment especially if the Trump deal asks for it.....

Rappel

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 12:29 pm
etky wrote:
Wow - no words.
Noam's newly released election video compares left wing Israelis, LGBT and Women of the Wall to Nazis and Hamas, accusing them of attempting to destroy Israel from within.
And this just 2 days after Tisha B'Av.
Have they never heard the phrase Simat Chinam?
https://www.inn.co.il/News/News.aspx/410010

At the open house we attended, the speaker didn't differentiate between private, orthodox giyur and reform giyur, which rather shot holes in his argument. He seemed a bit out of touch with the relevant issues at hand, and seemed slicked to his very core at LGBT literature being handed out in gan, while virtually ignoring other major matters like their challenge to Otzma, or any concrete plans of action.

BadTichelDay

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 1:19 pm
A video with such comparisons is really bang out of order.
While I'm no friend of the LGBT community or Reform or WOW or the left wing, there are civilized ways to criticize those we don't agree with.
Don't know why the party named themselves Noam (=pleasant), seeing that their ways are anything but.
They have hereby made absolutely sure that I won't even remotely consider voting for them.

Rappel

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 3:29 pm
Hmmm...I just watched that video. My takeaway is that they were making a comparison between the EU and Nazis, not Reform Jews and Nazis.

etky

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:02 pm
Rappel wrote:
Hmmm...I just watched that video. My takeaway is that they were making a comparison between the EU and Nazis, not Reform Jews and Nazis.

So what I got is that they equated the efforts by the Nazis, the Arab states, Hamas and other terror organizations to destroy Israel through violence, with the effort to destroy Israel from within led by: Leftists, Reform Jews (epitomized by women of the wall) LBGT.

BadTichelDay

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:18 pm
I watched it now as well, twice, second time with dh to make sure I get it right.
It does seem that they draw a straight line from the Nazis to Israel's wars to terror attacks to shovrim shtika, then LGBT, WOW and Reform clergy performing mixed marriages. Saying effectively, in the old days they tried these methods against the Jews from without, now they try different methods from within. As we defeated them then, we'll defeat them now. By my lights that does sort of equate all these. (okay, shovrim shtika really deserve the comparison Wink, but for the rest I'll stay with what I wrote, it's out of order. Even though these movements all are against halacha and harmful for the Jewish people in their own way, they are neither Nazis nor terrorists.

etky

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 4:34 pm
BadTichelDay wrote:
I watched it now as well, twice, second time with dh to make sure I get it right.
It does seem that they draw a straight line from the Nazis to Israel's wars to terror attacks to shovrim shtika, then LGBT, WOW and Reform clergy performing mixed marriages. Saying effectively, in the old days they tried these methods against the Jews from without, now they try different methods from within. As we defeated them then, we'll defeat them now. By my lights that does sort of equate all these. (okay, shovrim shtika really deserve the comparison Wink, but for the rest I'll stay with what I wrote, it's out of order. Even though these movements all are against halacha and harmful for the Jewish people in their own way, they are neither Nazis nor terrorists.

And employing such rhetoric is inflammatory and increases sinat chinam. Noam indeed. Maybe in לשון סגי נהור. It's like the whoie point of Tisha B'av was lost on them...

samantha87

Post  Tue, Aug 13 2019, 9:01 pm
Aren't they all Kookniks? This is so anti the love all Jews message.

grace413

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 4:43 am
Everybody is entitled to their opinion but this ad is not going to do anything positive for Am Yisrael.

Noam indeed.

Rappel

Post  Wed, Aug 14 2019, 9:07 am
samantha87 wrote:
Aren't they all Kookniks? This is so anti the love all Jews message.

I think it would be more accurate to say they're all Tau-niks. Rav AY Kook said and did many things, and his followers are vast and varied.

Rav Tau broke off to the right of Merkaz Harav several years ago, and has since been leading a very precise school of Judaism. Noam is very much in line with his views (near as I can tell. He stays out of the public eye as much as possible.)
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 4 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h